Any chance Christopher Johnson fires himself?

GreekJet

Let’s take a look at the successful NY Sports franchises 

Yankees-owner entrusts Brian Cashman to run baseball ops

Rangers-Dolan entrust John Davidson and Jeff Gorton to run hockey ops

Islanders-Lou Lamorillo 

Let’s look at uncessful NY sports franchises 

Jets-Johnson plays heavy role in football ops

Giants-Mara plays heavy role in football ops

Mets-Jeff Wilpon plays heavy role in baseball ops

Knicks-Dolan plays heavy role in basketball ops. 

The Johnsons need to step away and put someone in charge of football ops. They are not qualified to hire or fire a head coach/GM and need to realize that.

12 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Let’s take a look at the successful NY Sports franchises 

Yankees-owner entrusts Brian Cashman to run baseball ops

Rangers-Dolan entrust John Davidson and Jeff Gorton to run hockey ops

Islanders-Lou Lamorillo 

Let’s look at uncessful NY sports franchises 

Jets-Johnson plays heavy role in football ops

Giants-Mara plays heavy role in football ops

Mets-Jeff Wilpon plays heavy role in baseball ops

Knicks-Dolan plays heavy role in basketball ops. 

The Johnsons need to step away and put someone in charge of football ops. They are not qualified to hire or fire a head coach/GM and need to realize that.

This is stupid.  Isn’t the same issue being qualified to hire a person in charge of football ops

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

We should ask @SAR I and @southtown24th to put in a bid to buy the Jets. Because everyone knows the more you talk about how much money you have on the Internet, the more you have.

I have 0 money, for the record.

I just don't like being verbally accosted by, allegedly, grown ass men.  So if you want to talk sh*t, I will talk sh*t right back. It's fairly simple for me...

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

I have 0 money, for the record.

I just don't like being verbally accosted by, allegedly, grown ass men.  So if you want to talk sh*t, I will talk sh*t right back. It's fairly simple for me...

Victim card ever worked for you before?

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Cling to that if you want but the lucky sperm bros aren't letting anyone else touch their Legos.

Well yeah.  For all the S Dolan gets for the Knicks and deservedly so he’s actually a pretty good businessman.

Woody and Chris couldn’t manage a Cinnabon without the trust fund bailing them out

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Well yeah.  For all the S Dolan gets for the Knicks and deservedly so he’s actually a pretty good businessman.

Woody and Chris couldn’t manage a Cinnabon without the trust fund bailing them out

I must quibble. The Johnsons might be the smartest NFL owners. They make more money with a flop than a hit. The Max Bialystocks of the NFL. Sure it takes total lack of shame, but the money is good.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This is another thread from 2017, you know, before we got Adam Gase and Joe Douglas to turn things around.

It took Idzik and Maccagnan 10 years to put us in this hole.  How 'bout we give Ga-Jo more than 1 to dig us out. 

SAR I

End of thread. The man himself says no.

Ownership clearly matters and usually because the owner is hurting the team, not helping it. What bothers me about the Jets is that the coach and GM report to Johnson as equals. That makes no sense on any level and especially because that makes Johnson the defecto president and ultimate decision maker. They should have a football man as president who runs the entire operation and a GM, who makes the player/personnel decisions and reports to the Pres. The coach reports to the GM and the owner writes the checks and gets a cameo from the owners box. Done.     

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Ownership clearly matters and usually because the owner is hurting the team, not helping it. What bothers me about the Jets is that the coach and GM report to Johnson as equals. That makes no sense on any level and especially because that makes Johnson the defecto president and ultimate decision maker. They should have a football man as president who runs the entire operation and a GM, who makes the player/personnel decisions and reports to the Pres. The coach reports to the GM and the owner writes the checks and gets a cameo from the owners box. Done.     

This.

There’s no czar of football operations.  No pecking order.  Woody and Chrissy end up being the de facto GMs and do stupid stuff like trade for Tim Tebow or veto JD accepting the Cowboys offer for Adams last year

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Half the teams in the NFL are structured just as the Jets are structured, several having won Super Bowls.  They didn't invent this.

And the Jets are trying to do it the "right" way this time with a GM and HC who know each other and like each other and are working as partners, that's ultimately what you're looking for, two guys with the same focus and agenda.  

The issue isn't how the Jets are structured.  The issue is that the Jets have a revolving door of GM's and HC's and are a turn off to top NFL talent.  We need to stop firing HC's and GM's and give them the time they need to fix things.  

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Half the teams in the NFL are structured just as the Jets are structured, several having won Super Bowls.  They didn't invent this.

And the Jets are trying to do it the "right" way this time with a GM and HC who know each other and like each other and are working as partners, that's ultimately what you're looking for, two guys with the same focus and agenda.  

The issue isn't how the Jets are structured.  The issue is that the Jets have a revolving door of GM's and HC's and are a turn off to top NFL talent.  We need to stop firing HC's and GM's and give them the time they need to fix things.  

SAR I

It could work but it’s not working here. Ever since this structure has been put in place the Jets have been a disaster. 

10 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Dolan did so with the Rangers. To me that’s quite the case study. 

Yeah but for about 10 years he didn't.

Bringing washed up guys like Lindros, Pavel Bure, Theo Fluery. They were a mess for quite awhile. The lockout of 2004 saved the Rangers.

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

It could work but it’s not working here. Ever since this structure has been put in place the Jets have been a disaster. 

We have hired the youngest and most raw GM in the NFL.  He should not have autonomy over hiring and firing head coaches.  Not yet.  He hasn't earned it yet.

SAR I