Lamical Perine

CTJetsFan

4 hours ago, varjet said:

We thought it was ridiculous to sign Gore, but it was really to be a pass blocking back.

Bell is a good pass blocking back, but he was on the trading block.  

Totally agree.  I also think Gores reputation is to be a great teacher to younger backs hes played with.

I know Perine talks about him glowingly.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Agree 100%. Or, they could try (as any competent coaching staff would) to coach the kid up in pass pro to where he's not a liability when you ask him to do it.

Nah......that makes too much sense.

You know who the NY Jets are?  And they will be that way for as long as the Johnson’s own them...they’re like that company Kruger Industrial Smoothing from Seinfeld.

13 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If you flat out risk the health of basically the ONLY 2 Assets on your entire roster in Darnold and Becton, throwing them out there when in hindsight after they had BOTH exacerbated their injuries, doing so was a terrible decision, it’s safe to say that the reason being was of course for Gase to try to save his own sorry ass, you can bet you’ll see tons more of Gore until his tires fall off....you won’t see much of any young guys.

But this is what happens with the Johnsons, either the misers bargain basement shop and always give the HC job to some coordinator or maybe they just can’t get a real HC to come work for them....but the story is always the same, since the guy has NO chops as a HC he feels he can’t risk, for himself, using young guys who will make mistakes while learning but in the best interest of the teams future using them would be the correct move, especially in a hideous lost season.  So they virtually only play used up Vets who only came to the Jets for a final paycheck NO other team would give them.

I actually burst out laughing yesterday a few times as I saw a close to 40 year old Flacco hand off to a close to 40 year old Gore, much of the time on obvious passing downs (see..I just laughed again thinking about it).

I want Gase to coach every game this year because I want 0-16, and he virtually guarantees that he is so horrific.  I also want that because this back stabbing con artist Fraud deserves to be RADIOACTIVE within the NFL.  0-16 kind of does that. EVERY team will be put on notice by their players. “Nah man you hire that MF, and you better trade me, I’m not working for him”...and they’d be totally justified in doing so.

He should be playing checkers with Maccagnan off the side of a highway next year.

He isn’t getting another job in this league. He’s going to have to take a year off, and get a college gig. Notice the teams rushing to employ Maccagnan? - No me either.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Helair would be horrible on the Jets. He isn't even that good on KC. 

Helaire sucked yesterday vs Buffalo. I mean 161 yards? WTF? The Interweb, where posters get to be wrong more often the not.

9 hours ago, varjet said:

I just would expect JD to draft RBs that were more athletic freaks, in terms of size or speed.

Even McFarland is somewhat of a freak. 

Perine is....Bilal Powell. 

Powell was a deer in headlights his rookie season too. So, hopefully it's just that with Perine. At the same time however, the Jets spending picks on 3rd string QB's and safeties in the middle rounds..should have be dedicated to the skill positions. Every GM it's the same...refusal to stock up on receivers and backs. Coming away from the 2020 draft with one back and one receiver, while taking a safety, a backup Qb, a punter, and a CB on season IR was insanity with the state of the roster.

16 hours ago, varjet said:

The Steelers, a team that knows how to draft, took Anthony McFarland from MD a few picks after Perine.  Before Morgan and Clark by the Jets.

JD's picks have not been perfect and beyond criticism.

He also traded down in the second round, away from picking Chase Claypool.  

I agree 100% about McFarland.  I thought he was really good value where he went.   McFarland has much better speed and acceleration than Perine.   I guess we’ll see how this plays out.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I agree 100% about McFarland.  I thought he was really good value where he went.   McFarland has much better speed and acceleration than Perine.   I guess we’ll see how this plays out.  

I thought mcFarland was drafted by Pitt to feature him as a 3d down back and pass receiver in his rookie season. Boy was I wrong. Ironically, for all of our complaining about perines play time their stats for rushing and receiving thusfar are nearly identical.

11 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I thought mcFarland was drafted by Pitt to feature him as a 3d down back and pass receiver in his rookie season. Boy was I wrong. Ironically, for all of our complaining about perines play time their stats for rushing and receiving thusfar are nearly identical.

Agreed.  If Conner and Snell stay healthy then McFarlands role will be somewhat limited.   I do think as the season goes along that they will start giving McFarland some of Snell’s touches.   They havent thrown  the ball to the RBs all that much this year.    What’s interesting is if you look at their receivers and how much each are targeted, you will see such a balanced distribution.   Of their regulars the lowest  targets is 24 times and highest 28 times.   They have thrown the ball 161 times and rushed it 159.   Such great balance.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Ty Johnson showed too much promise with that 34 yard run so Gase had to bench him for the rest of the game

So very true.   If you want to see just how bad of a coach Gase is just look at what he did with the RB distribution on Sunday.  Aside from taking out the hot hand in Johnson, he benches Perine for dropping a pass and when questioned about it in his presser he states that he didn’t want to put Perine back out there because he didn’t want to hurt his confidence..Lol.   Wouldn’t putting him back out there and throwing him another ball do more for his confidence than benching him?   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  If Conner and Snell stay healthy then McFarlands role will be somewhat limited.   I do think as the season goes along that they will start giving McFarland some of Snell’s touches.   They havent thrown  the ball to the RBs all that much this year.    What’s interesting is if you look at their receivers and how much each are targeted, you will see such a balanced distribution.   Of their regulars the lowest  targets is 24 times and highest 28 times.   They have thrown the ball 161 times and rushed it 159.   Such great balance.  

I was down on Mike Tomlin until last season when he did a great job through a ton of adversity. Looking back, the Steelers were so smart in forcing a DC on him who ran a different D than Tomlin's Cover 2. They forced Tomlin to just be a HC and he has proven to be a great motivator, exemplary at handling personalities (it is a miracle he kept the lid on AB for so long),  a good developer of young talent and a solid game day coach. I found it interesting that when it came time to hire a new DC, ownership required Tomlin to give Keith Butler the job. I think it was meant to keep Tomlin away from the temptation of leaning on his roots on the D side of the ball by picking one of his own Cover 2 D guys for the job. It isn't odd, apparently a certain amount of ownership meddling in assistant coach selection can be a good thing. In hindsight, the Jets should have forced an OC and QB coach on Gase.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Totally agree.  I also think Gores reputation is to be a great teacher to younger backs hes played with.

I know Perine talks about him glowingly.

You need guys like that to help younger players, you can't have 53 rookies.

Id keep him as a coach whenever he is done playing.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I was down on Mike Tomlin until last season when he did a great job through a ton of adversity. Looking back, the Steelers were so smart in forcing a DC on him who ran a different D than Tomlin's Cover 2. They forced Tomlin to just be a HC and he has proven to be a great motivator, exemplary at handling personalities (it is a miracle he kept the lid on AB for so long),  a good developer of young talent and a solid game day coach. I found it interesting that when it came time to hire a new DC, ownership required Tomlin to give Keith Butler the job. I think it was meant to keep Tomlin away from the temptation of leaning on his roots on the D side of the ball by picking one of his own Cover 2 D guys for the job. It isn't odd, apparently a certain amount of ownership meddling in assistant coach selection can be a good thing. In hindsight, the Jets should have forced an OC and QB coach on Gase.

Well, they forced a DC on him, but LeBeau was an amazing DC who ran a complex 3-4 that Tomlin couldn't run.  So if Tomlin made them switch to a cover 2 they would have needed to replace half their defense at the time

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Well, they forced a DC on him, but LeBeau was an amazing DC who ran a complex 3-4 that Tomlin couldn't run.  So if Tomlin made them switch to a cover 2 they would have needed to replace half their defense at the time

First, Tomlin was a very successful DC. Why do you think he couldn't run the Steeler's 3-4?

Second, my point is that they forced Tomlin into the HC role, and didn't even allow him to pick his own DC even after Lebeau retired.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Helaire sucked yesterday vs Buffalo. I mean 161 yards? WTF? The Interweb, where posters get to be wrong more often the not.

You're gonna gotcha post a guy who wrote that before yesterday's game? Because at that point he was meh. He had a great first game and then averaged 3.6 a carry over the next four. If you include that first game he was averaging 4.2 a carry on the best offense in football. He had a great game yesterday, but how much of it was gameplanning by one of the best run defenses in football?

All I'm saying is that you can't gotcha a guy who was right at the time of the post.

There's a reason they pursued Bell as heavily as they did. Do you think they regret it? Do you think somehow Bell WON'T be a big part of the backfield?

Do YOU get to be wrong "more often the not" or is it just everybody else?

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You're gonna gotcha post a guy who wrote that before yesterday's game? Because at that point he was meh. He had a great first game and then averaged 3.6 a carry over the next four. If you include that first game he was averaging 4.2 a carry on the best offense in football. He had a great game yesterday, but how much of it was gameplanning by one of the best run defenses in football?

All I'm saying is that you can't gotcha a guy who was right at the time of the post.

There's a reason they pursued Bell as heavily as they did. Do you think they regret it? Do you think somehow Bell WON'T be a big part of the backfield?

Do YOU get to be wrong "more often the not" or is it just everybody else?

Whatever. Don't get ur panties in a bunch. For a Rookie CEH looks great! You do know playing a team like the Chiefs EVERY DC comes into the game to stop ONE THING, their running game! Because if you don't? You have ZERO chance beating that team! 

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Supposedly JD is in charge of personnel and reports to the owner, but it seemed like Perine was a Gase pick. In other words, a player the Jets will not need for long. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Whatever. Don't get ur panties in a bunch. For a Rookie CEH looks great! You do know playing a team like the Chiefs EVERY DC comes into the game to stop ONE THING, their running game! Because if you don't? You have ZERO chance beating that team! 

Yeah, this has nothing to do with you trying to gotcha a guy after he had a good game when he was commenting before that game and he looked meh. 

Hey, if he looks bad in the next game, that guy can gotcha you again, right? 

On 10/19/2020 at 7:23 AM, Charlie Brown said:

Ummm they got rid of Bell who is an excellent pass protector and the best RB receiber in NFL history becuase Gase doesn't use his RBs that way...

Perine will not be split out because that is not in Gase's scheme in general just like pre-snap motion to help your QB is NOT in his scheme or identifying mismatches and exploiting them! 

Since I was kind and answered you

Can you... tell me why Gase is still the HC of the NYJ?

taloked with Nania from JetsXFactor    Perine protected on 14 snaps...  no pressure credited against him.

Fl;acco ran AT THE BLITZER on that hilarious sack.

51 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, this has nothing to do with you trying to gotcha a guy after he had a good game when he was commenting before that game and he looked meh. 

Hey, if he looks bad in the next game, that guy can gotcha you again, right? 

Bring it on, bottom line is CEH is a very good RB. If he disagrees so be it. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He isn’t getting another job in this league. He’s going to have to take a year off, and get a college gig. Notice the teams rushing to employ Maccagnan? - No me either.

College is above his pay grade.

Maybe high school.  That’s the highest he personally played.  How he ever parlayed being Peyton Manning’s coffee boy into 2 NFL coaching jobs I don’t know.

Of course only the Jets would make another monumental mistake in his second hiring, not just losing tons of games by double digits, I don’t even care about that.  This Fraud came in here along with his little King of Queens guy flunky and DESTROYED a kid QB drafted so high along with draft capital expensed in the form of 3 #2’s, that he had the most potential of any young QB the Jets have had in a long long time.

It’s actually f...ing criminal what Gase has done.

Gase has set this organization BACK another 5 years on top of Maccagnan’s 10.  It is so toxic that I read that Roddy White is telling Trevor Lawrence that under no circumstances should he come out for the draft if the Jets draft first.

Forget about any quality free agents that will ever want to come to the Jets.

I think this is the worst this team has ever been and we’re talking a team that loses about 75% of their entire history.

• Post of the Week 1