Loggains to Remain Play Caller

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Now that's a different conversation entirely.  At the time of Gase's hiring, he was the best candidate the Jets could get if one looks at McCarthy as the only experienced HC showing interest and the rest a bunch of college nobodies.

Today, with the roster in even worse shape and Darnold looking like a bust, forget it, we are lucky as hell to have Gase in the role.  So we let him continue to do his job in 2021 when the 28 players on 1-year contracts are flushed out and their replacements plus 2 first rounders are added and see how he does with a better roster.  And a new DC and a new OC who calls the plays.

SAR I

Classic!

5 hours ago, Xtina said:

Adam gase is not a Football Man 

1.  Adam Gase has been very successful elsewhere.  

2.  Every head coach fails in Florham Park. 

Leads me to believe Adam Gase is a Football Man in Football Siberia and has been brought here to dig us out.   Transforming this organization into the Pittsburgh Steelers isn’t going to happen in one season and isn’t going to happen if we punt our head coach by judging him on a team this badly built after decades of neglect. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Leads me to believe Adam Gase is a Football Man in Football Siberia and has been brought here to dig us out.   Transforming this organization into the Pittsburgh Steelers isn’t going to happen in one season and isn’t going to happen if we punt our head coach by judging him on a team this badly built after decades of neglect. 

SAR I

Thread killer.  Literally stop reading threads when SAR shows up.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There's only ONE way that AG can keep his job... If you say he's a good HC, than he needs to fire the entire offensive staff and hire the next up and coming Offensive Genius out there and get a QB coach worth a damm. He also needs a new strength and conditioning staff... the entire staff, not just the head guy. He then has to make a PROMISE to CJ and JD that he will NEVER call a play EVER. That is the only way AG can keep his job. He needs to be as far away from game planning as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 10/28/2020 at 12:17 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase throwing Loggains under the tank to try to prove he isn't the problem.

Under the tank, hahahaha. Coffee, where's the coffee?! I have the caffeine shakes. No, I didn't have too much coffee, I have the "caffeine shakes" because I didn't have any yet. This coffee maker is worse than willing a pot to boil. IT TAKES FOREVER. I have really hard water, and I think it's all gunked up with calcification because it's grinding like an old car about to die. What was this about again?

• Haha 1

I thought, hey Logains has been an OC before, maybe his track record is better than Gase's. Heck, it couldn't be worse, right?

2013 Titans with a QB room of Locker and Fitz, Titans finished with the 19th ranked O in points and the 22 in total yards. Not great. But, we'd kill right now for that kind of Offense.

2016 Bears with a QB room of Cutler, Barkley and Fales, the Bears finished with the 14th ranked O in points and 15th in total yards. While this is basically finishing average, who wouldn't kill for average right now.

2017 Bears with a QB room of Glennon and Trubitsky, the Bears finished with the 32nd ranked O in points and 30th in yards. Very Gase-like in the results here.

The fact is that though that Loggains compares favorably to the train wreck that is Adam Gase, and if I had to choose between the two, I'd hold my nose and choose Loggains. 

• Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

There's only ONE way that AG can keep his job... If you say he's a good HC, than he needs to fire the entire offensive staff and hire the next up and coming Offensive Genius out there and get a QB coach worth a damm. He also needs a new strength and conditioning staff... the entire staff, not just the head guy. He then has to make a PROMISE to CJ and JD that he will NEVER call a play EVER. That is the only way AG can keep his job. He needs to be as far away from game planning as possible.

And then he would do what exactly? Give inspirational speeches?

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Done.

Those conditions are already a given considering the behavior of Johnson, Douglas, and Gase this season.

So now that we've established that Gase is returning, can we have some positive conversations about him and speculate who his new offensive and defensive coordinators may be?

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Done.

Those conditions are already a given considering the behavior of Johnson, Douglas, and Gase this season.

So now that we've established that Gase is returning, can we have some positive conversations about him and speculate who his new offensive and defensive coordinators may be?

SAR I

To your continual annoying point that Gase is converting to a an actual HC, there is this...

“For three-plus hours I’m used to always doing something, looking at pictures, kind of writing my notes down, thinking through the next series,” Gase said. “It’s just a different vantage point because you look through the pictures and you might get a couple suggestions and now you’re on the defensive side actually really intensely watching what’s going on, listening to what’s going on, hearing what they’re talking about, thinking through situational things of, ‘Hey, is there anything I can do to help them.’ It’s just a different — you’re doing something completely different than what I’ve done in the past.”

https://nypost.com/2020/10/28/adam-gase-will-give-up-jets-play-calling-again-after-flicker-of-hope/

... but I'm still waiting for his new found skill of paying attention to the game being played on the field to reap a reward. Perhaps it will, who knows. I do have my doubts due to Gase's admitted inability to actually see what is happening on the field without the benefit of a film study.

55 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

To your continual annoying point that Gase is converting to a an actual HC, there is this...

... but I'm still waiting for his new found skill of paying attention to the game being played on the field to reap a reward. Perhaps it will, who knows. I do have my doubts due to Gase's admitted inability to actually see what is happening on the field without the benefit of a film study.

He is learning and growing on the job.  It's a beautiful thing, and exactly what you want in a young head coach.  We demand that our young players do this, we would kill for young Darnold to do this, so we will embrace it when our young head coach does this.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He is learning and growing on the job.  It's a beautiful thing, and exactly what you want in a young head coach.  We demand that our young players do this, we would kill for young Darnold to do this, so we will embrace it when our young head coach does this.

SAR I

I’m glad he “doing” it, I have doubts he will do it well. 

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

? ? ? ? 

10 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

And then he would do what exactly? Give inspirational speeches?

Well instead of stating the obvious, that SAR has a one track mind, I was basically trying to say that the only way that AG can stay were under those conditions I listed. I'm not actually for keeping AG lol...

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2020 at 12:17 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase throwing Loggains under the tank to try to prove he isn't the problem.

Exactly my thought. 

Gase- "See? Not even the brilliance of Dowell Loggains could overcome this crazy season of injuries!" 

CJ- "That's a great point Adam. Oh, did we tell you that Dowell was fired this morning?" 

Gase- "Wait... what?" 

JD- "Get the F*ck out of my office! 

Jd- Oh... send Gregg in here too please?" 

oooooh to dream. 

• Haha 2

On 10/29/2020 at 2:00 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

You're such an Eeyore

Eeyore Jets.JPG

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Gase is in his 5th year and is literally the worst HC in the entire NFL yet you say he's "learning and growing on the job". 

Meanwhile, Darnold is 7 games into his 3rd year and is 23 years old, yet you've completely given up on him (despite saying he was maybe the 2nd best QB in the AFC going into the season).  

On 10/29/2020 at 2:00 AM, SAR I said:

He was tremendous when he let Peyton Manning do whatever he wanted.  Other than that he's been mediocre (18th ranked offenses) to the absolute worst (32nd ranked offense).

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/11/adam-gases-jets-offense-sets-a-mark-for-historical-ineptitude-then-doubles-down/

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase is in his 5th year and is literally the worst HC in the entire NFL yet you say he's "learning and growing on the job". 

Meanwhile, Darnold is 7 games into his 3rd year and is 23 years old, yet you've completely given up on him (despite saying he was maybe the 2nd best QB in the AFC going into the season).  

Gase gets a mulligan because the roster he inherited has been neglected for a decade by two of the worst GM's in NFL history and it's been deeply injured.  And the 70% of the job that isn't X's and O's he has done a great job of, talent evaluation, moving players, blowing up the front office, keeping this untalented locker room from fracturing, not backing down to the evil media, sheltering his players, and getting this weed culture out of Florham Park, just great.

Darnold doesn't get a mulligan because he's making mistakes that has very little to do with the talent that's around him.  Breaking a huddle late after a TV timeout, misreading a defense, not getting rid of the ball early, not getting rid of the ball before going out of bounds, footwork, decision-making, these are high school JV level mistakes.  The guy isn't smart.  

SAR I

29 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He was tremendous when he let Peyton Manning do whatever he wanted.  Other than that he's been mediocre (18th ranked offenses) to the absolute worst (32nd ranked offense).

Gase has been very good when he has a healthy/good quarterback and a healthy roster.

Manning in Denver.  Tannehill in Miami his first season.  Darnold last season.  Manning and Tannehill both went to the playoffs with Gase.  Darnold would have gotten us to the playoffs last year if he didn't get mono and we didn't lose so many players to injury.

Look at Gase when he had a four-legged horse, he got the job done.  Now we get to see how he behaves with a crippled mule.  Sucks, but he's been pressure-tested in good times and bad and we'll be a beautiful stallion soon enough.

SARI

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Gase gets a mulligan because the roster he inherited has been neglected for a decade by two of the worst GM's in NFL history and it's been deeply injured.  And the 70% of the job that isn't X's and O's he has done a great job of, talent evaluation, moving players, blowing up the front office, keeping this untalented locker room from fracturing, not backing down to the evil media, sheltering his players, and getting this weed culture out of Florham Park, just great.

Darnold doesn't get a mulligan because he's making mistakes that has very little to do with the talent that's around him.  Breaking a huddle late after a TV timeout, misreading a defense, not getting rid of the ball early, not getting rid of the ball before going out of bounds, footwork, decision-making, these are high school JV level mistakes.  The guy isn't smart.  

SAR I

What exactly are your referring to here?  And isn't weed legal in the NFL now anyway so it's not like he can do anything about that anyway (if the players choose to use).

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Moving players?  Blowing up the FO?  He's a HC, not a GM.  X's and O's are the most important part of his job (though admittedly there are other important parts).

• Upvote 1