So let’s talk Fields for a second

Bull

37 minutes ago, pointman said:

So which game were you referring to?

The Clemson Ohio State game 

Lawrence won Fields lost .

Fields had issues with the pressure and Lawrence did as well but Lawrence did not turn the ball over and played well to what he had in front of him. I would rather judge on that then both QB's beating up on inferior opponents during the season. Sure this is not the end all on evaluating the 2 QB's but its a good place to start since both will be seeing that type of pressure in the NFL>

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

your putting words in my mouth and that my friend is moronic. I never quoted stats in fact stats were thrown at me. Thats why I used the Geno analogy it was used to make a point that some of you can't seem to understand but I can't dumb it down further. Im done arguing with Idiots. if you want to call people names I can come back just as well. 

FWIW I never held stats against Fields I called out his performance against pressure in the biggest game he ever played in. PERIOD GET IT ????

Stats were thrown at me OKAY ???

Shall I spell more out for you ? also the debate between JIF and myself is not just about this thread so butt your nose in an argument where you know WTF if going on. The dumb on this board is staggering

So we’re back to comparing Fields to Smith?   You didn’t quote stats but clearly you quoted stats.  Which is it, pick one and stick to it

Morons.  Idiots. The dumb on this board.

Now who’s calling people names?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, King P said:

The fact Justin Fields was compared to Geno Smith as a damn prospect ??‍♂️

And of course the old tired trope of "No good QBs come from OSU" ??‍♂️

Some of these arguments are lazy at best, downright awful at worst

Another one ...read the thread before making a fool of yourself I never compared Geno as a player to Fields that's stupid and either you guys can't read or you're just trolling at this point

• Thumb Down 1

17 hours ago, Bull said:

Let me know your thoughts if you would be happy with Fields?  Everyone is so infatuated with Lawrence but the better odds are we have a shot at drafting Fields since anything can happen in the last half of the season....cough....2019.  

Do you take Fields if you have 1.02 or do you build around Darnold?

I like how there was a thread still active called “OHIO STATE QB JUSTIN FIELDS” but you weren’t having any of it. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Morons.  Idiots. The dumb on this board
who’s calling people names?

Sensitive little guy aren’t we? 

hey I came in and didn't attack anyone I was called a moron and a racist for something the posters reading didn't even understand and that pisses me off. I'm not sensitive at all but I wont be called names and have words put in my mouth. Go back and read then post something intelligent.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

hey I came in and didn't attack anyone I was called a moron and a racist for something the posters reading didn't even understand and that pisses me off. I'm not sensitive at all but I wont be called names and have words put in my mouth. Go back and read then post something intelligent.

You scream about how some here need to use their reading comprehension skills, yet you can’t read and comprehend that I called your argument moronic (which it is), not you, so you went on a rant.

Can’t make this sh*t up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1933CFE3-AAD4-4ED6-81EC-23ACC9CE3864.thumb.jpeg.e24bda3c68387079513149a91d052588.jpeg

You sure about that smooth brain?

Your Geno analogy was f*cking stupid.  Just admit it and log off for the day.

Did you read the back and forth between me and Scott ? I posted this because JIF and others were pushing stats in my face. if you read my very first post of the thread you would see that I addressed that before they even responded. I'm not a fan of stats at all and that's why I used Geno to show stats don't always tell the story . Not sure why you refuse to understand that but you keep on stepping into debates mid stream and see where that gets you. 

as for me being stupid take a long hard look at what you are doing here READ the THREAD and realize you just made a total ass of yourself. Peace

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Another one ...read the thread before making a fool of yourself I never compared Geno as a player to Fields that's stupid and either you guys can't read or you're just trolling at this point

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

@Scott Dierking

*2012 West Virginia Big 12 SR QB 13 369 518 71.2 4205 8.1 9.2 42 6 163.9

Geno Smith

*2019 Ohio State Big Ten SO QB 14 238 354 67.2 3273 9.2 11.2 41 3 181.4

Justin Fields

One could make the argument Geno Had a better year .... I mean if we are going to go down the stat road

tenor.gif?itemid=14977649

• Haha 4

I'm not some expert in college player evals, but I would be disappointed if the Jets don't walk away with Trevor in this draft. If it happens, I'll root for Fields (or whomever) to be the guy.

Really want Trevor though as tribute for suffering through this national embarrassment of a season.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You scream about how some here need to use their reading comprehension skills, yet you can’t read and comprehend that I called your argument moronic (which it is), not you, so you went on a rant.

Can’t make this sh*t up.

You don't even know why I used the Geno example and like a true Idiot you are still thinking I was  comparing the 2 QB's . Go read my response to Scott then look an The mirror and slap the sh*t out of yourself 

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Did you read the back and forth between me and Scott ? I posted this because JIF and others were pushing stats in my face. if you read my very first post of the thread you would see that I addressed that before they even responded. I'm not a fan of stats at all and that's why I used Geno to show stats don't always tell the story . Not sure why you refuse to understand that but you keep on stepping into debates mid stream and see where that gets you. 

as for me being stupid take a long hard look at what you are doing here READ the THREAD and realize you just made a total ass of yourself. Peace

So you used stats to prove how you don’t like stats, then told me that you didn’t use stats, and now you’re telling me why you used stats?

E61F273F-349E-4A61-B322-DE984BF17F13.thumb.jpeg.3ab2e48e56794764b8ecdd4bff0d87ce.jpeg 

Got it.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So you used stats to prove how you don’t like stats, then told me that you didn’t use stats, and now you’re telling me why you used stats?

E61F273F-349E-4A61-B322-DE984BF17F13.thumb.jpeg.3ab2e48e56794764b8ecdd4bff0d87ce.jpeg 

Got it.

Okay once more because I like you. If you read from the beginning of the thread you will see this was never about stats but people used the stat argument against me . That's the first thing. The second thing was I made it clear numerous times I only used the Geno Smith analogy to show that its not about stats when evaluating College QB's since Geno had similar stats comparted to Fields. The third thing is if I'm telling you this over and over do you think its possible that maybe you took what I said out of context or did not read the entire argument ? 

and Just FWIW when you say something someone says is moronic you are in a round about way calling them a moron. The correct way to say it would have been hey Smash I totally disagree with what you are saying here and here's why //// Just sayin.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If Gase and Douglas came here believing in Darnold what does that say about them?  Certainly there was no expectation on their parts that they'd be coming here, angling for a #1 pick and needing to start over with a new QB.

There's zero evidence either came here believing anything of the sort.  Certainly they might have hoped Darnold could be the guy in year 3, but they weren't pinning their careers on it. 

Gase came here because we were the only team willing to hire him.  Douglas ended up here because Gase recommended him, and no one was hiring GM's post-draft, so he decided to take the job rather than wait until the following offseason for a possible opening. 

There are only 32 of each job on the planet.  No one ties their career hopes on a sh*tty QB.  Douglas was always going to bring in his own guy if Darnold didn't turn the corner.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's zero evidence either came here believing anything of the sort.  Certainly they might have hoped Darnold could be the guy in year 3, but they weren't pinning their careers on it. 

Gase came here because we were the only team willing to hire him.  Douglas ended up here because Gase recommended him, and no one was hiring GM's post-draft, so he decided to take the job rather than wait until the following offseason for a possible opening. 

There are only 32 of each job on the planet.  No one ties their career hopes on a sh*tty QB.  Douglas was always going to bring in his own guy if Darnold didn't turn the corner.

Correct on all points. At least one guy was actually valued by his previous employer and had the leverage to negotiate terms with the lesser Johnson.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, KRL said:

There's nothing not to like about Fields:

- He plays at an elite program
- Was great last year and is building on that success this year
- Good frame, strong arm and excellent speed/mobility for QB runs
- Throws well on the run
- Extremely accurate
- Good deep ball accuracy
- Takes snaps from under center on occasion 

2F096410-FFC8-4A8C-ABA2-3A5CB8B1B607.jpeg

7 hours ago, King P said:

The fact Justin Fields was compared to Geno Smith as a damn prospect ??‍♂️

And of course the old tired trope of "No good QBs come from OSU" ??‍♂️

Some of these arguments are lazy at best, downright awful at worst

I don't like the whole "USC and OSU quarterbacks always suck in the NFL" argument either.

Name a school where 99% of the quarterbacks didn't bust out in the league. 

Every kid is different. 

And I also hate how some guy keeps ripping on Lawerence having a bad night in the Championship game.

Completely ignoring the way he ripped up a Tua led Bama the year before.  

It makes it seem like the kid can't win the big one or something.  

He's lost one game in his life... can't win them all. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The college football playoff is still very important for these QBs for me.  They look great but  are not that often under duress.

I saw Fields under duress a few times tonight and what I saw was completed passes - nice completions not 3 yarders. I've been on the Tank for Trevor bandwagon but from what I saw from Fields tonight Trevor has some stiff competition. 

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

I saw Fields under duress a few times tonight and what I saw was completed passes - nice completions not 3 yarders. I've been on the Tank for Trevor bandwagon but from what I saw from Fields tonight Trevor has some stiff competition. 

The vast majority of times fields and lawrence both have lots of time compared to the pro game and certainly compared to how much time the jets give their qbs.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Douglas ended up here because Gase recommended him, and no one was hiring GM's post-draft, so he decided to take the job rather than wait until the following offseason for a possible opening. 

Not quite how I remember it guys.

JD may have been recommended by Gase but while we were finalizing the hire Houston, who it was reported everywhere wanted to hire JD at the end of the prior season fired their GM.  It was thought they would or did make a late push for JD.