0-8 Halfway there...

Will they blow it?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will they go 0-16?

2. 2. Will Gase get fired?

3. 3. Will they get the #1 pick?

4. 4. Will they get Trevor Lawrence?

5. 5. What will their record be next season?

5 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I lived through the era.  So I know what is sh*t and what is decent.  Most of it's sh*t.  But I love stuff like Steel Panther now because it brings me bac.  It's funny.  I like it.

lol steel panther is playing at jannis landings in st.pete. great venue.

6 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Any team that tanks deserves to not get what they are looking for.

This is a disgrace and I hope Lawrence either 

1) Stays in School

2) Goodell installs a lottery system in which the Jets end up picking 8th

Nah, you just need thicker skin.  Somebody has to pick # 1 every year, and for a lot of those teams it works out.  Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow look awfully good right now.

Embrace the tank.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Dolphins are the best team in the AFC East. I don't know why people keep thinking they're one of the more beatable teams. They're better than the Bills.

They did a complete 180 from the 1st 7 games of last season to now. The fins are slowly molding into Flores’ vision game by game. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nah, you just need thicker skin.  Somebody has to pick # 1 every year, and for a lot of those teams it works out.  Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow look awfully good right now.

Embrace the tank.  

So did Darnold in 2018, Mariotta, Wentz, Goff, etc,etc,etc

I'm tired of this Sh!t.

Wash, Rinse, Suck, Repeat since 2013. Nothing is changing

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

So did Darnold in 2018, Mariotta, Wentz, Goff, etc,etc,etc

I'm tired of this Sh!t.

Wash, Rinse, Suck, Repeat since 2013. Nothing is changing

Only 1 of those 4 guys you listed was a # 1 overall pick.  And the one who was went to a Super Bowl.

Baker Mayfield and Jameis Winston would have been good choices there.

And a lot is changing, actually.  We haven't had the # 1 pick in over two decades.  That's a nice change.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep!  I always like to point out to people that Bryan Adams was 9 years old in the "Summer of '69". 

F**k that guy.

Five & Dime.

There are no Five & Dimes in Canada.  It's an American term for something was hell, outdated when I was growing up.

Jinglistic, Pandering Garbage.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only 1 of those 4 guys you listed was a # 1 overall pick.  And the one who was went to a Super Bowl.

Baker Mayfield and Jameis Winston would have been good choices there.

And a lot is changing, actually.  We haven't had the # 1 pick in over two decades.  That's a nice change.

It's a lot more than just having the #1 pick and Getting  a FQB. It's being able to build a quality team as well...The jets better get a quality coaching staff...lawrence is a game changer and will lift those around him...next year will be interesting. 

35 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

It's a lot more than just having the #1 pick and Getting  a FQB. It's being able to build a quality team as well...The jets better get a quality coaching staff...lawrence is a game changer and will lift those around him...next year will be interesting. 

Right but in no universe is it better to pick, say, 5th, than 1st in 2021, like @shawn306 seems to be suggesting.  

When you're bad and know you have no shot at being competitive, tanking is the best option you have.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right but in no universe is it better to pick, say, 5th, than 1st in 2021, like @shawn306 seems to be suggesting.  

When you're bad and know you have no shot at being competitive, tanking is the best option you have.

The NFL draft is littered with failed Number 1's at the QB

Tim Couch, David Carr, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Winston,

It also littered with guys that were good but not great, Stafford, Carson Palmer, Cam, and guys that the jury is still out on Goff, Mayfield.

The best QB right now was taken at #10 in 2017.

Heck the last number 1 to win a Super Bowl was Eli and before him was Peyton. 

Sorry if I don't buy into the tanking. 

6 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The NFL draft is littered with failed Number 1's at the QB

Tim Couch, David Carr, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Winston,

It also littered with guys that were good but not great, Stafford, Carson Palmer, Cam, and guys that the jury is still out on Goff, Mayfield.

The best QB right now was taken at #10 in 2017.

Heck the last number 1 to win a Super Bowl was Eli and before him was Peyton. 

Sorry if I don't buy into the tanking. 

So picking not 1st is preferable to picking 1st.  Got it.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bon Jovi is trash.

Bon Jovi is even lower on the rock totem pole than the Bay City Rollers.  At least BCR never attempted to be received as a serious rock act. 

In the past, before political correctness, I'd have used the word "gay" to sum up Bon Jovi... 

And you know what... I'd still use that word to sum them up.  Totally GAY. 

"The word 'gay', in addition to being used to mean 'homosexual' or 'carefree', was often now used to mean 'lame' or 'rubbish'. This is a widespread current usage of the word amongst young people ... The word 'gay' ... need not be offensive ... or homophobic ..."

1 minute ago, jgb said:

If anything, he should argue to secure the #1 and trade it. Not avoid it because that somehow increases the chance of draft success.

Yep.  Control of the board is preferable to all other scenarios for a non-competitive team.  I mean, just how many times can this franchise pick 6th before people recognize its the worst possible outcome to a season?

Weak stomachs.  All of 'em.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Control of the board is preferable to all other scenarios for a non-competitive team.  I mean, just how many times can this franchise pick 6th before people recognize its the worst possible outcome to a season?

Weak stomachs.  All of 'em.

Spoiler: Jets are getting #1 pick and JD isn't trading it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Buffalo and Miami are better teams the division is no longer just NE on top. 

The NY Jets blew any opportunity they had of being a division powerhouse. 

Thanks to Macc/Bowles  JD/Gase we are a bottom feeder team in the division and the NFL. 

I miss losing games 10-6 under Bowles

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Not true, we are worse by 1 game, if we end up tied with any of the 1 win teams, they will be picking ahead of us.

We cannot win a game till everybody else has at least 2. It's that close.

The NY Jets are the worst team in the NFL hands down offense, defense,special teams. 

Ranked dead last in almost everything, most penalized team in the NFL. 

The worst.