Gase survived the bye

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

This is kind of  expected, wait until you see the uproar when he survives Black Monday!

It's a given that Gase is coming back next season.  I don't know why anyone would be surprised that Black Monday is going to be quiet for the Jets.

Gregg Williams and Dowell Loggains, different story, they'll be gone, perhaps that will cause some sort of uproar.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's a given that Gase is coming back next season.  I don't know why anyone would be surprised that Black Monday is going to be quiet for the Jets.

Gregg Williams and Dowell Loggains, different story, they'll be gone, perhaps that will cause some sort of uproar.

SORE I

A0BD95A1-AF8A-4FEC-BCC0-87718E47F166.jpeg

The future through the eyes of SORE I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

This is kind of  expected, wait until you see the uproar when he survives Black Monday!

I've been saying this for a while now, too.  Anyone thinking Gase will be fired just does not see what's right in front of them.  

He's now 7-18 in less than two years.  There is a DC who is more than capable of managing the team through season's end.  Yet, Gase is still here.  Because the Johnsons like him for some reason, Gase is HC in 2021.  Boom.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Williams for sure, not sure Gandolph Gase will release Frodo Loggins until they find the ring. 

100% for sure though, Gase will be the coach because that was most likely the agreement when they decided to tank. Pretty sure as soon as they saw how bad Sam regressed Gase tossed him under the bus and Chris, He, Joe Douglas high fived and yelled ,”1,2,3 TANK4TREVOR, break!” They are in this together. 

Other than Woody coming home and big timing all three of them Adam will be back. 

• Upvote 4

Gase, the young QB Killer. If we draft Trevor and Gase is still here, I will laugh my ass off and cry my eyes out simultaneously, at what will arguably be the worst move in franchise history.  

The Johnsons don't learn from history.  They are immune to any logic.  The best word to describe their football smarts is insipid.  Just look at Gase's track record with young QBs.  Hahahaha.  We have the dumbest owners in all of professional sports.  We really do.

Woody and Chris Johnson are Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

100% for sure though, Gase will be the coach because that was most likely the agreement when they decided to tank. Pretty sure as soon as they saw how bad Sam regressed Gase tossed him under the bus and Chris, He, Joe Douglas high fived and yelled ,”1,2,3 TANK4TREVOR, break!” They are in this together. 

Exactly right, Crush.  It amazes me how many posters can't see this.  

Hey, they're not the first to see-what-they-want-to-see, I felt great about Darnold after 6-2, guilty as charged.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

As much as I want Gase gone (and I NEVER wanted him has a HC), he will NOT survive the Black Monday. I do not have any faith in either one of the Johnsons to make a single good football decision yet I say that keeping Gase now makes perfect sense. Why give another coach on this staff a chance to win a few football games. Other than screw our draft, how does that help? I do not see a single scenario in which Gase stays. Again, that is not to say that they don't get the next hire wrong. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I am expecting. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Gase, the young QB Killer. If we draft Trevor and Gase is still here, I will laugh my ass off and cry my eyes out simultaneously, at what will arguably be the worst move in franchise history.  

The Johnsons don't learn from history.  They are immune to any logic.  The best word to describe their football smarts is insipid.  Just look at Gase's track record with young QBs.  Hahahaha.  We have the dumbest owners in all of professional sports.  We really do.

Woody and Chris Johnson are Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb.

Has anyone watched Tannehill lately?  He did a big leap Uber Gase year 1 then a major leak last year but both instances came with dominant RBs and with Henry not quite as dominant the last month it's amazing how much worse Tannehill has been.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No.  It's actually Darnold, the young HC Killer.

A franchise quarterback would stay healthy, learn from his mistakes, correct issues that have been plaguing him since junior high school, make good reads, move the ball despite injured receivers, and behave like a passionate team leader.

Darnold is a bust.  Maccagnan's roster is a bust.  We have 28 players on one-year deals.  This tank job was agreed to by Christopher Johnson and he gave a mulligan to Douglas and Gase as a result.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

As much as I want Gase gone (and I NEVER wanted him has a HC), he will NOT survive the Black Monday. I do not have any faith in either Jonson to make a single good football decision yet I say that keeping Gase now makes perfect sense. Why give another coach on this staff a chance to win a few football games. Other than screw our draft, how does that help? I do not see a single scenario in which Gase stays. Again, that is not to say that they don't get the next hire wrong. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I am expecting. 

Rhule wanted complete control.  Johnson understood that would be a prerequisite of any decent head coach wanting to come to his dysfunctional dumpster fire, but he decided not to give that to a coach from a small time college and instead gave it to one from a big time NFL program, with actual NFL head coaching experience, and in his own division.

People need to come to grips with the fact that Adam Gase is not Joe Judge, he's Bill Belichick.  Gase does not report to a Football Man like Dave Gettleman, Gase is the Football Man himself.  

Long term contract.  Back-stabbed his GM and President.  Hand-picked his own replacements.  Defended by his owner at every opportunity.  Teflon when it comes to blame.  The most vocal TV, newspaper, and radio media critics all fired.  All coaches retained year over year.  Respected by his very quiet and controlled locker room.

You can talk about Adam Gase losing his job in 2022.  Until then, shhhh.

SAR I

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Williams for sure, not sure Gandolph Gase will release Frodo Loggins until they find the ring. 

Other than Woody coming home and big timing all three of them Adam will be back. 

Ya im sure gase is a solid coach sore1, but they all had a secret meeting where they agreed to tank for trevor and gase jeeps his job.

that would explain everything. Good times

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ya im sure gase is a solid coach sore1, but they all had a secret meeting where they agreed to tank for trevor and gase jeeps his job.

that would explain everything. Good times

Adam Gase is not here to win games.  He is here to analyze, blow up, and correct the franchise and get this thing fixed the right way.  Jesus, it's long overdue.

Adam Gase has 4 years to get 50 years of the stench of unprofessional dysfunction off the New York Jets.  It's a thankless job.  It's a job that's near impossible in this market.  It takes a special man, a bulletproof football man, to get this done in a hit-piece hatchet-town like this.

View Adam Gase as simply a head coach here to win some games, you'll be disappointed.  View Adam Gase as the Football Man of Florham Park on a mission to burn this Leon Hess sh-t show to the ground and resurrect it from the ashes, he's off to a terrific start.  Never before has someone come in here and forced real change since Parcells in '97.  And unlike back then, it's not another get-rich-quick scheme.  It's a long-term play to get us on par with the Steelers, fully functional, drafting properly, commitment to coaches, commitment to players.  It's about time.

SAR I

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly right, Crush.  It amazes me how many posters can't see this.  

Hey, they're not the first to see-what-they-want-to-see, I felt great about Darnold after 6-2, guilty as charged.

SAR I

It’s gonna be epic when they fire Gase after the season. Wonder what your new theories will be.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nope. It's only going to get louder and louder.  This is only the beginning.  I hope you are ready for it.  

It's the other way around.  The days of the Jets listening to their whiny, entitled fans is over.  It's a big part of the reason why we are in this mess, this knee-jerk reaction that ownership has to its fanbase, it's just wrong.  

Today's abyss began the day Woody Johnson listened to the dumb fans who wanted Sanchez gone, Tannenbaum gone, and Schottenheimer gone and worshipped media-friendly blowhard Rex Ryan.  People like Beningo and Manish fanning flames, naive fans hanging on their every word like the rats to the Pied Piper, and Woody making horrible decisions as a result.

Not this time.  Fans take their medicine now.  They shut up and like it.  It's about time.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is not here to win games.  He is here to analyze, blow up, and correct the franchise and get this thing fixed the right way.  Jesus, it's long overdue.

Adam Gase has 4 years to get 50 years of the stench of unprofessional dysfunction off the New York Jets.  It's a thankless job.  It's a job that's near impossible in this market.  It takes a special man, a bulletproof football man, to get this done in a hit-piece hatchet-town like this.

View Adam Gase as simply a head coach here to win some games, you'll be disappointed.  View Adam Gase as the Football Man of Florham Park on a mission to burn this Leon Hess sh-t show to the ground and resurrect it from the ashes, he's off to a terrific start.  Never before has someone come in here and forced real change since Parcells in '97.  And unlike back then, it's not another get-rich-quick scheme.  It's a long-term play to get us on par with the Steelers, fully functional, drafting properly, commitment to coaches, commitment to players.  It's about time.

SAR I

Tanking definitely requires a specific skill set, you have to:

1. Keep the players believing you’re trying to win otherwise they’ll jump ship. 

2. Make coaching decisions (pulling players, poor play calling, penalties, etc.) which put the team in losing position without being overtly detected by fan base/league officials. 

3. Handle media backlash with a straight face. 

What if Gase is creating a market for himself to coach teams that need to ‘tear it down’ to build it up? The guy is a ******* genius. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

490929074_GoofyLaughing.gif.1147ff3630724fe0b52b1d4fb17546b2.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Tanking definitely requires a specific skill set, you have to:

1. Keep the players believing you’re trying to win otherwise they’ll jump ship. 

2. Make coaching decisions (pulling players, poor play calling, penalties, etc.) which put the team in losing position without being overtly detected by fan base/league officials. 

3. Handle media backlash with a straight face. 

What if Gase is creating a market for himself to coach teams that need to ‘tear it down’ to build it up? The guy is a ******* genius. 

This.  Exactly right.  I've been saying this for months.  Gase is going to come out of this having created a new industry, a Football Man that you bring in specifically to analyze, blow up, and course-correct a dysfunctional franchise.  He'll be the Ryan Fitzpatrick of front office rebuilds.  And instead of some consultant sitting in a wood-lined office, he's a head coach, he's in the locker room, he's in the trenches, he's on the field.  Genius.

If you look at him from that perspective, he's done everything we wanted.  And fast.  There is no point in rebuilding gracefully.  Rip the bandaid off.  Take the pain.  Take the heat.  Get back to respectability years ahead of other teams in a similar situation.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, CM28 said:

It’s gonna be epic when they fire Gase after the season. Wonder what your new theories will be.

You better hope I'm right.

Because if the Jets flip to a rookie head coach, again, and have a GM on a different page, again, and have a rookie quarterback stepping into a dysfunctional mess, again, and have 53 players in a new playbook, again, we are headed right back to where we are right now, again.

We have got to break the chain.  We have got to get off this endless dysfunctional hamster wheel.  Christopher Johnson has got to turn a deaf ear to the greedy media and the foolishly entitled SOJ fans for once, he's got to take his Art Rooney pills, he's got to stay the course, he's got to be patient, he's got to let a real Football Man take some time to blow this thing up, tear this thing down, and rebuild this thing the right way.  Otherwise, we're doomed.

SAR I

If you think the team is intentionally tanking then Gase is absolutely coming back. There's no way Gase would participate in a tank job without knowing he had an opportunity to make up for it. If you think the team sucks and Gase is trying to put a winning product on the field then you might as well find a new hobby for Sunday afternoons if Gase remains. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because if the Jets flip to a rookie head coach, again, and have a GM on a different page, again, and have a rookie quarterback stepping into a dysfunctional mess, again, and have 53 players in a new playbook, again, we are headed right back to where we are right now, again.

We have got to break the chain.  We have got to get off this endless dysfunctional hamster wheel.  Christopher Johnson has got to turn a deaf ear to the greedy media and the foolishly entitled SOJ fans for once, he's got to take his Art Rooney pills, he's got to stay the course, he's got to be patient, he's got to let a real Football Man take some time to blow this thing up, tear this thing down, and rebuild this thing the right way.  Otherwise, we're doomed.

SAR I

We actually agree. But you believe that man is Gase, I JD. 

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's the other way around.  The days of the Jets listening to their whiny, entitled fans is over.  It's a big part of the reason why we are in this mess, this knee-jerk reaction that ownership has to its fanbase, it's just wrong.  

Today's abyss began the day Woody Johnson listened to the dumb fans who wanted Sanchez gone, Tannenbaum gone, and Schottenheimer gone and worshipped media-friendly blowhard Rex Ryan.  People like Beningo and Manish fanning flames, naive fans hanging on their every word like the rats to the Pied Piper, and Woody making horrible decisions as a result.

Not this time.  Fans take their medicine now.  They shut up and like it.  It's about time.

SAR I

Fully agreed!  Sanchez should STILL be our QB1.  Luckily the Jets Fan Advisory Board helped get Adam Gase hired so he could destroy Sam and hopefully rebuild the case to bring the Sanchize back into the fold.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Absolutely!  If CJ lets Joe D hire his own HC then they obviously won't be on the same page.  And if Joe D drafts a rookie QB, he'll have to learn a new system (which he obviously wouldn't have to do if we retain Gase).

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

If you think the team is intentionally tanking then Gase is absolutely coming back. There's no way Gase would participate in a tank job without knowing he had an opportunity to make up for it. If you think the team sucks and Gase is trying to put a winning product on the field then you might as well find a new hobby for Sunday afternoons if Gase remains. 

I don't think the Jets are trying to lose. If they are, they were incredibly lucky against the Pats. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CM28 said:

We actually agree. But you believe that man is Gase, I JD. 

That's fair, and it's an interesting debate.  My son feels the same way, we argue almost every night over it at dinner.

I see Joe Douglas as a meek, controlled, professional scout.  Someone pensive and thoughtful and self-deprecating.  A very nice person.  Could be your best friend.  A very good soldier who follows orders.

I see Adam Gase as an aggressive, brutal controller.  An Alpha Male who never shows his cards and holds others accountable.  An animal.  Probably not your best friend.  A very sharp leader who issues commands.

If there is one Football Man in Florham Park, it's Gase, not Douglas.  That's what the tea leaves say.

SAR I

A poor decision but not unexpected.....The right move would be to fire him and say 0-9 is not accectable. Instead he is retained.

The question is why

a) I believe the Johnsons ego in calling him a genius would be to much to fire mid season

b) JD wants him in place to deflect the rage from the front office

• WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fully agreed!  Sanchez should STILL be our QB1.  Luckily the Jets Fan Advisory Board helped get Adam Gase hired so he could destroy Sam and hopefully rebuild the case to bring the Sanchize back into the fold.

History shows that investing in Sanchez was the right decision and that getting rid of Tannenbaum for Idzik, getting rid of Schottenheimer for Sporano, and leaving Rex Ryan in place was the worst set of choices that Woody Johnson ever made.  No Jets quarterback, GM, or offensive coordinator has been better since those three were kicked to the curb a decade ago.  It started this death spiral we're on right now.

Sam Darnold destroyed Sam.  He's a bust.  Judge Darnold by the same criteria you fools judged Sanchez and we'd have cut Sam right after his joke performance in Buffalo in September.  And it would have been deserved.  The guy is making juinor high school mistakes and he's a third year pro.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's fair, and it's an interesting debate.  My son feels the same way, we argue almost every night over it at dinner.

I see Joe Douglas as a meek, controlled, professional scout.  Someone pensive and thoughtful and self-deprecating.  A very nice person.  Could be your best friend.  A very good soldier who follows orders.

I see Adam Gase as an aggressive, brutal controller.  An Alpha Male who never shows his cards and holds others accountable.  An animal.  Probably not your best friend.  A very sharp leader who issues commands.

If there is one Football Man in Florham Park, it's Gase, not Douglas.  That's what the tea leaves say.

SAR I

I say you should switch to coffee, clearly your tea leaves aren’t good for you.

• Sympathy 1