Sunday, November 22, NFL Game Thread

Le'Veon Bell with a TD and potential game winner under 5 minutes remaining to take the lead over the Raiders. 

And what do you know. Adam Gase. I mean Andy Reid didn't call an "HB DIVE" for Bell lol but instead utilized him on a HB toss/sweep/pitch to the OUTSIDE right behind his LT for a TD run around the edge. 

Something that Adam Gase called for Bell, never. 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Le'Veon Bell with a TD and potential game winner under 5 minutes remaining to take the lead over the Raiders. 

And what do you know. Adam Gase. I mean Andy Reid didn't call an "HB DIVE" for Bell lol but instead utilized him on a HB toss/sweep/pitch to the OUTSIDE right behind his LT for a TD run around the edge. 

Be patient.  Gase knows where football is going.  The NFL just hasn't caught up to him yet.

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

1 notable play in 4 weeks, what a beast

Carr has outperformed Mahomes tonight and with 2 minutes remaining he's in position to lead his Raiders to a game winning drive and come from behind victory and as I'm typing PASS INTERFERENCE in the end zone!

Carr has been flawless tonight and I hope the Raiders close it out; I'm already over the hype machine known as Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, A+ O-Line oops; I mean Patrick Mahomes. 

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Carr has outperformed Mahomes tonight and with 2 minutes remaining he's in position to lead his Raiders to a game winning drive and come from behind victory and as I'm typing PASS INTERFERENCE in the end zone!

Carr has been flawless tonight and I hope the Raiders close it out; I'm already over the hype machine known as Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, A+ O-Line oops; I mean Patrick Mahomes. 

You may be over Mahomes, but he's not over himself just yet.  

Why do they always wait until late in the game to have those kind of drives though... Can't figure that one out.

Mahomes does it again. 

I know I like to give people a hard time about Mahomes being drafted into QB heaven but he's a great young Quarterback and just drove down the field under 2:00 and led KC into a win at ease. 

That was a beautiful drive from Mahomes and Raiders D had no answers for him there. 

Great AFC West game right there. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Mahomes is more than just a good QB in a great situation.  He's a generational QB.  You could quibble about whether Rodgers or Brady would be as good or better in that situation.  But that's about the best you can do to argue Mahomes isn't the best QB we've possibly ever seen play.  He had an off night tonight.  Doubled his INT count from 1 to 2 on the season.  Against 27 TDs.  Only 348 yards passing.  It's almost breathtaking to watch that team play.  If they didn't get into weird lulls at times, they could and probably should be scoring 40 points every game.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

It sucks to lose a game like that, but can’t be disappointed by the teams performance tonight.  Playing the chiefs you can’t drop some  of the passes they did tonight.   Tough to blame the offense but to beat an explosive offense , you have to make the tough catches that were there to be made.

Alec Ingold looks like he’s been hanging out with Chris Herndon.

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

It sucks to lose a game like that, but can’t be disappointed by the teams performance tonight.  Playing the chiefs you can’t drop some  of the passes they did tonight.   Tough to blame the offense but to beat an explosive offense , you have to make the tough catches that were there to be made.

Hard to believe how quickly they've built a winner after receiving an absolute haul/fleecing for Khalil Mack; they were literally one Mahomes final drive away from SWEEPING the defending SB Championship KC Chiefs. 

They make the playoffs and they become a team K.C wants no part of. 

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hard to believe how quickly they've built a winner after receiving an absolute haul/fleecing for Khalil Mack; they were literally one Mahomes final drive away from SWEEPING the defending SB Championship KC Chiefs. 

They make the playoffs and they become a team K.C wants no part of. 

Great coaching goes a long way.  He's turned that franchise around, and they're just going to get better.  They're a playoff team this year, but next year I think they'll be primed for a major run.

32 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Alec Ingold looks like he’s been hanging out with Chris Herndon.

Alec Ingold is playing with a couple of broken ribs ( was in the hospital for the last game’ , and the beat writers were surprised he was back to practice that soon.  A Ingold will tell you himself he should have made those plays, and won’t use his injury as excuse.    He’s one of the top Fb in the game today.

N Aglohor  has been a godsend this year, but had some plays that could  have changed the game if he was able to make the tough catches  that were there for him.   

Biggest surprise is the play of Lt/Rt Brandon Parker who there third string tackle.  So many Raider fans thought he shouldn’t have made the team this year( he’s been Gods awful his first two years), but has really start to put it together In his third year in the league.

Sometimes us fans don’t see what the coaches see in a player , but those guys are more time right In their opinions than the fans. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Andy Reid has a wonderful system, but Mahomes is the best young QB I have ever seen. 

Talent wise he's definitely up there.  There are a couple qbs that were ridiculously good fairly young.  Elway, Marino, Manning (in his 3rd year), Rogers.  Brady and Montana were good young, but it took them a little more time before they started dominating.

He is of course in a perfect system with the best supporting cast in the game, and one that has had a great deal of continuity for many years.  Id need to see how he plays when the Oline isn't perfect/allowed to hold and when he doesn;t have perfect skill players that create matchup problems at every position.