NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

22 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this story about Manish stalking Joe D's kid is true, then Manish is absolute scum.  That is absolutely crossing the line.  But if Manish wants to defend himself, we owe it to him to hear his side of the story too.  

Define "we".  Does Manish post here?  Should he lose posting privileges if any of this is true?

On 11/25/2020 at 10:19 AM, IndianaJet said:

Some more...

I've said for years the Manish needed a beatin.  Harassing someone's kid?  F that.  What a piece of garbage.

Also....100% believe these stories are true.  No way she posts that if it's not.  That's text book defamation if it's not true.

I'll allow him annoying the sh*t out Christopher Johnson though

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Im not saying it isnt true its just so hard to believe.  I guess I could buy that it was some moron of an intern who screwed up thinking he was funny.  Just cant buy it was done by the PR dept.  Theres the difference.  An intern, not on the payroll screwing around is one thing, its quite another that it was a concerted effort of a PR dept for a multi billion dollar enterprise.  I would think that would be one hell of a story and would have been widely reported

not when it can't be proven.  I doubt highly that it was the intern's idea, but I guess that was possible.  She was either a college student or just graduated.  Doesn't matter any more.  The blame landed in a good place.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

That sounds like solid evidence. Is it not possible for Mehta to create an account with those initials and number of characters?  Would not be surprising at all. 

interesting he would choose a college intern who worked in the PR group there.  Or maybe the intern worked for Mehta.  Now that would be a twist.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Curious as to why Manish never denied being behind the burner. It was a big story, big accusation, and as far as I know never addressed, despite being called out by many on twitter. 

I would hate to think that Mehta would use a young 20 something college intern as his "insider" there.  

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

interesting he would choose a college intern who worked in the PR group there.  Or maybe the intern worked for Mehta.  Now that would be a twist.

Mehta running an Adam Gase burner account?

Lucy Burdge  12/31/2019

BB1bom72.img?h=100&w=100&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

BB1bmsox.img?h=100&w=100&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

AROUND THE WEB:

-- Adam Gase's alleged burner account might not belong to him after all.

After speculation on Twitter that the Jets head coach was running an account that tweets nothing support for him, new evidence points to New York Daily News Jets beat writer and Patriots hater Manish Mehta as the person behind @WyattV18.

The account tweeted out Mehta's latest story on Monday night before it was quickly deleted, leading many to believe Mehta meant to post it from his own account but did so from the burner account by mistake.

And Barstool's KFC, along with other Twitter detectives, went to work.

@MMehtaNYDN is @WyattV18. Manish went to go repost this story but it shared to @WyattV18 instead. Couldn't catch it before it was deleted. https://t.co/JREfG3tkpB

So you think this intern had access to Mehta's unpublished story?

image.png

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

Burner account was created by Jets PR dep't and a 20 year old's intern's email in that department was the recovery account.  Mehta is a P.O.S. but the burner account was all Jets P.R. dep't and they got away with it because everyone assumes it was Mehta trying to troll Gase.  

I know that story was mentioned with the email address etc. I don't believe that was who was running the account.

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

But remember guys, Manish had sources once and helped the podcast.

Dude this is way out of line. Total bullshit post.

We have had Manish on the show, but we have never once told people what to think about him. I have personally given the guy a ton of crap of the years from the @JetNation account.

Garbage post.

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So it was just a bizarre coincidence that the recovery email matched the interns?  OK. 

So let’s think through what you just said. The intern 1: has access to Manish unpublished article and puts it up on the burner account 

2: it’s not possible that the user of the burner could have (written down the password) and then (put a false recovery email on the account)

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know that story was mentioned with the email address etc. I don't believe that was who was running the account.

Exactly. No intern that isn’t on psych meds is going to risk their dream job and entire career on a burner account against the head coach. Insane concept. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Dude this is way out of line. Total bullsh*t post.

We have had Manish on the show, but we have never once told people what to think about him. I have personally given the guy a ton of crap of the years from the @JetNation account.

Garbage post.

Agree. He didn’t have to take a dig on your character there. Low blow. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lizard King said:

guarantee you he comes in under a vpn  no way he could keep himself out of this place  guy is a whack adoo

It is very well possible. It is very easy to hide your identity online. The way we catch our predators used to be by IP but that isn't an effective counter measure anymore.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is very well possible. It is very easy to hide your identity online. The way we catch our predators used to be by IP but that isn't an effective counter measure anymore.

Ping me right now. I’m coming in under Pakistan. If I cleared my cookies, did a new email and account you’d have no idea. 
 @CTM

B6DD0F39-3FE3-4BAE-BDEA-6FD948A0867E.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

So let’s think through what you just said. The intern 1: has access to Manish unpublished article and puts it up on the burner account 

2: it’s not possible that the user of the burner could have (written down the password) and then (put a false recovery email on the account)

Why would the user, presumably Mehta or an associate, select an unpaid college intern's personal email account (not her Jets email account).  How would he know that account?  Does not compute unless she was his mole.  There is no way to rationalize the recovery account email and also no way to explain the flash of an unpublished article (where is there any evidence of that, by the way? I'd like to read it.)  I wasn't sure that the article was ever corroborated as being there.

Just now, Dcat said:

Why would the user, presumably Mehta or an associate, select an unpaid college intern's personal email account (not her Jets email account).  How would he know that account?  Does not compute unless she was his mole.  There is no way to rationalize the recovery account email and also no way to explain the flash of an unpublished article (where is there any evidence of that, by the way? I'd like to read it.)  I wasn't sure that the article was ever corroborated as being there.

Does not compute if you aren’t good at it. Not hard to find someone’s email. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

Does not compute if you aren’t good at it. Not hard to find someone’s email. 

And randomly select one of the few young interns at Florham Park?  That's just weird. None of it passes the smell test.  But then again, it's Florham Park right on top of the formerly contaminated Exxon site. 

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Dude this is way out of line. Total bullsh*t post.

Garbage post.

Never liked him. But you have 2 situations, neither of which resulted in any arrest for harassment nor any other crime.Nor any civil claim against Mehta's employers.  First of which was presumably on the campus of Syracuse when he was in college. He raised his voice during an argument with an ex; again if that's all, not gentlemanly, but not a crime. As to the 2nd, if there was a specific instance of criminal harassment, those who felt they were so harassed by him  should have called 911 or the local cops and told them what happened. There would now be paperwork to back that up even if it didn't rise to the level of a chargeable crime. Today there's nothing like that. 

Emphasize; he's a turd. Erika has made some very hard-hitting posts in this sotry. That's admirable. But this looks like piling on. Will lose not a moment of anything should he be sent packing or the Daily News folds. These 2 stories smack of piling on. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Ping me right now. I’m coming in under Pakistan. If I cleared my cookies, did a new email and account you’d have no idea. 
 @CTM

B6DD0F39-3FE3-4BAE-BDEA-6FD948A0867E.jpeg

Yeah that is what I was saying in the other post. We rarely even use IP address to look at a profile when someone is doing harm.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

And randomly select one of the few young interns at Florham Park?  That's just weird. None of it passes the smell test.  But then again, it's Florham Park right on top of the formerly contaminated Exxon site. 

So I guess you think it would have been more plausible to pin it on, let’s say, McCagnan. 

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Jets publish all their employees and their interns as staff on their public site. It is not hard to do at all. 

• Upvote 3