NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this story about Manish stalking Joe D's kid is true, then Manish is absolute scum.  That is absolutely crossing the line.  But if Manish wants to defend himself, we owe it to him to hear his side of the story too.  

He never does that.  Ever.  He just pretends it isn't happening and carries on.  And his boss lets him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

He never does that.  Ever.  He just pretends it isn't happening and carries on.  And his boss lets him.

I used to just think Manish was lame and used click-bait.  But if this story is true, he's an awful human being.  Stalking a guy's kid (and that creepy line about knowing what ice cream his kid is eating)?!  I fully agree with Scott Dierking that the police should have been brought in at that point and there should have been a restraining order.  And if the Daily News knew about this and did nothing, that's even worse!

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Manish is who he is.  You don't blame a snake for being a snake, but how the NYDN can continue to employ the snake is beyond me.  The guy has no journalistic integrity, attempts to influence the stories he is supposed to cover and allows his own personal biases to not only influece the stories, but become the stories. 

If the NYDN had any integrity, he would have been gone long ago.

This paper had Shaun King on the payroll for years. They have absolutely no shame and are a textbook example of the utter and complete decay of our entire mainstream media.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I thought she got croaked by Ham over Sarah Palin like most ppl did.

I have a recollection that she left when she saw a DM he had written to Dave Yellin, basically threatening to kill or dismember him.  Or maybe that he was left on as a Mod after threatening violence on people.

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And that story is...?

I’ve drinken way to much in the ten plus years since but I’m pretty sure it was during the game against the raiders where jamarcus russel beat the jets lol. Don’t remember what happened but bug exodus to jn after. I could be remembering this wrong.

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this story about Manish stalking Joe D's kid is true, then Manish is absolute scum.  That is absolutely crossing the line.  But if Manish wants to defend himself, we owe it to him to hear his side of the story too.  

Manish is a hump who no one takes seriously. Gonna need to see some receipts on JD's kid getting heckled at a CYO game that's not from a random twitter account. Other than that, the Jets suck, so fun story I guess. The other guy who I guess worked for the Daily News "exposed" something no one outside of Jets diehards really followed anyways. Too bad he never reported anything compelling about the team or front office. He got a new job. Cimini is still the only source of anything. Go Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shevys said:

https://twitter.com/NYJ_Matt/status/1331708672649605121?s=20

Craig Carton (@craigcartonlive) on the WFAN: Manish Mehta texted Joe Douglas describing the type of ice cream his son was eating at a Phillies game #Jets

(Sure wish I knew how to embed the tweet better)

That is absolutely disgusting.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

She has an account here, just hasn't posted here in years.  The story of why she left JI is pretty funny.

I remember those days well.  JB was a great poster and she's a good Twitter follow these days covering a variety of sports.

The "She's not dumb" discussion with some Bills fans if I recall correctly, was legendary.  EY?

Those who know....know what I'm talking about.

• Haha 1

[Mesola] More Manish stories: He told Joe Douglas at the Senior Bowl that he’d give preferential coverage if he agreed to talk & be his source. He said he was writing a story on his time in Philly. If JD talked he would blame it on Howie. If he didn’t he’d out JD. JD told him to **** off.

I can't stand a local writer who works in Portland.  He's been run off a few times by coaches wives and once almost got punched out by Scottie Pippen.  When he was a young buck who didn't quite know the tricks of the trade.  Now he still writes hit pieces on pro and college sports.  But he goes to church with my parents and works lifelessly to improve the sports scene at a local and the state level.   Also wrote a couple of beautiful eulogies to local sports figures who passed away recently.  There's a balance that keeps him his sources.  Maybe my definition of scummy media can be a bit different.   But you can still exist in a bad profession and still know where to draw the line.

But Mehta seems to me to be a little more.... PATHOLOGICAL.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If you screw over people just getting started in your business, you are lower than scum.Don't understand that. It's pathological. 

If you're going to go after someone publicly like that, you should have some documented examples that others can corroborate. This is just seems like an all around immature who cares fest.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Love this.

When I was growing up in Inwood there were guys that would show up at Little League games. They would sit just behind the left field fence drinking and betting on the games.

My first game in the "majors" at 10 years old, I batted 2nd and struck out my 1st at bat. I remember going back to the bench not worried about what my coach thought but being afraid of the gamblers.

It builds character.

I grew up in Washington Heights (Ft. George Hill, near Dykeman Street,) and then as a teen in Inwood, right across from Baker Field on 218th Street. I remember those guys!

28 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I grew up in Washington Heights (Ft. George Hill, near Dykeman Street,) and then as a teen in Inwood, right across from Baker Field on 218th Street. I remember those guys!

The West Coast equivalent to that was old hippy fathers & their friends (now college professors) who wore fanny packs and tie dye.  Talking about the latest issues of The Realist or what the latest PERS scale was going to be. When the Dead played Eugene it would always back up traffic about 100 miles to your door.  So the drives home from games could be very slow.

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

Erika apparently has some good connections to get the stories.

I believe these 100%, Manish is a piece of crap

I want the truth about the burner account.

There are two conflicting theories on it and the Jets will never tell the truth.  Nor will Mehta. 

Maybe @FourVerts can tell us whether it was Mehta or the unfortunate intern in the Jets PR group.  Most people think Mehta.  People would be shocked... but it was Jets PR.  

• Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

I said he had sources.  You said he did not.

I was right.  You were wrong.

Today’s news changes none of that.

You’re a good poster and JN contributor so it’s confusing why you continue to bring up a point on which you were proven wrong time and again.  

It’s okay to admit being wrong from time to time.

Is it me or am I missing the part where this proves Manish has sources.  If he did wouldn't there have been no need to steal Charles' story?

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Sad story? It was a publicity stunt. Gaedel's story is sad that he was a known alcoholic and got in many bar fights.

Obviously it was a publicity stunt but it's a sad story because he was followed home and murdered beaten to death died at 36 too young (I'm 35) and his own mom had to find his dead body. 

• Upvote 1