NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Is it me or am I missing the part where this proves Manish has sources.  If he did wouldn't there have been no need to steal Charles' story?

That happened before he lost his credentials.  If he has been stealing stories for the past few months, it does not invalidate the stories he broke prior to that.

Obviously this isnt a good look for Manish and I know most of the beat writers dont care for him because of how he operates. Just a few things on the combine chasing and stuff. 

The Combine itself is a bit of a cesspool. The kind of behavior described is not uncommon there though many take it less further than whatever was described here. People just wait in lobbies to see who comes in. They walk the bars to see who to try to bump into. If they see you with someone who is known they want to know who you are. Its a tough business. 

The beat guys have it incredibly tough. That doesnt justify the behavior by any means but the relationships and news that used to go local never does anymore. The first place agents go and/or teams go is the first run national guys- Schefter and Rapoport primarily with a few of the other NFL Network guys also in the loop. Florio gets things if there is more of an angle to it. There is a lot of pressure from those guys to get that info first too so everyone follows suit. Its why the ass kissing for contracts, player potential, coaching jobs, is off the charts these days. Its not objective its just you scratch my back and Ill scratch yours. If you remember Favre in NY it was similar to that. The beat guys and local radio guys all got made into 2nd fiddle reporters by ESPN who had a relationship with Favre.  This is also why when a beat guy gets it first the reports end up going out as reported by "Rapoport and Me" or "Cimini and Schefter".  Thats not that much different than what happened here other than it sounds as if they didnt share a byline. That doesnt make it right but its why there is so much chasing and trying to get people to open up to them so they have a chance to climb a ladder that keeps getting taller and taller as everything consolidates. 

The Douglas stuff is pretty unacceptable. There is no need for finding a kid to basically let someone know that you are going to stalk them if they dont open up. The talk of a powwow with Gase to get on the same page well that is what it is. Reporters have favorites- Maccagnan was praised for years because he was good with people while Idzik wasnt because he took a relatively open organization and turned it into complete lockdown for two years. It was headed that way a bit the year before but Idzik was paranoid and clamped everything down. But the relationships now influence the stories from some (a majority really) way too much. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

I said he had sources.  You said he did not.

I was right.  You were wrong.

Today’s news changes none of that.

You’re a good poster and JN contributor so it’s confusing why you continue to bring up a point on which you were proven wrong time and again.  

It’s okay to admit being wrong from time to time.

I know nothing about the back and forth the two of you are referring to above, I'm just curious if you still feel that Manish has sources? Even before today the man has always come across like a pariah in the media and how shown time and time again he isnt above writing complete lies and attributing it to "sources". There was a time in journalism where doing something like that would have you black listed for life. 

I don't think there is a single person remotely connected to the Jets, down to the land scaper at One Jets Drive that would be that man's "source". 

29 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I know nothing about the back and forth the two of you are referring to above, I'm just curious if you still feel that Manish has sources? Even before today the man has always come across like a pariah in the media and how shown time and time again he isnt above writing complete lies and attributing it to "sources". There was a time in journalism where doing something like that would have you black listed for life. 

I don't think there is a single person remotely connected to the Jets, down to the land scaper at One Jets Drive that would be that man's "source". 

Agreed.  Can’t see anyone talking to him at this point.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

That happened before he lost his credentials.  If he has been stealing stories for the past few months, it does not invalidate the stories he broke prior to that.

There is no defense for an adult implying in a somewhat threatening way that he is stalking and observing a minor child.

******* stop it, bro.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What led to Manish losing his Jets credentials? A lot of things. But the last straw was when Manish decided to harass Jets GM Joe Douglas’ child at a baseball game.

A low life loser would be the only person to do something like this.

JD should have pummeled him.

They gave him too much rope even before this. 

In my opinion MM is the worst reporter for the Jets in history with all of his "anonymous sources" and his vendetta articles that he posted about Jets personnel that didn't like him or give him the info he needed. I feel bad for Charles Mcdonald who had to deal with Manish Mehta after Mehta got his credentials revoked because he weirdly texted Joe Douglas about one of his kids eating ice cream at a baseball game. I'm glad the Jets aren't letting him back after that what he did was very disturbing in so many ways. Maybe MM can go write for a company more suited for his article writing like a TMZ tabloid of that nature lol. Mcdonald did the right thing through making it known how much of a loser MM is.

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

He certainly does, just as Costello has been doing for Gase since around the middle of last season.

This doesn’t bother me a great deal because I’ve talked to some of the beat guys about how the landscape has changed in recent years.  The way things are set up, 99% of stories go to Schefter and Rapoport.  

The beat guys are left to fight over the crumbs and might have to sell their souls a bit in order to get a story.

It certainly seems Manish took it way too far.  It’ll be interesting to see if Manish keeps his job.

How is it set up that 99 percent stories go to s and r?

24 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

How is it set up that 99 percent stories go to s and r?

They’re the guys who have a national following.  Agents know this and will let those guys know what’s going on just to make sure the news reaches a wider audience.  Why would you tell a beat guy something about somebody you represent when you can get word out to 10x the people from a source that might do you a favor down the road?

• Upvote 1

Just now, AFJF said:

They’re the guys who have a national following.  Agents know this and will let those guys know what’s going on just to make sure the news reaches a wider audience.  Why would you tell a beat guy something about somebody you represent when you can get word out to 10x the people from a source that might do you a favor down the road?

Thanks

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

You just got yourself banned. It is Thanksgiving so I will be nice and it is only 7 days. 

Completely unacceptable to come on here and post an unrelated article and someone selling drugs. Not cool, you can say what you want about people who play for and cover the team. But to come on here and "accuse" someone of things that are completely unfounded, that is garbage.

Happy Thanksgiving.

This is my favorite day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AFJF said:

I said he had sources.  You said he did not.

I was right.  You were wrong.

Today’s news changes none of that.

You’re a good poster and JN contributor so it’s confusing why you continue to bring up a point on which you were proven wrong time and again.  

It’s okay to admit being wrong from time to time.

I fully concede on that.  You're right, Manish had sources!  

Now, any comments on Manish being a terrible human being?  Ready to denounce him yet?

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

All I’ve ever said is he has sources.  
I know this for a fact and have for years.

How did he get them?  Totally different conversation.

So let's have that conversation.  

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

This story is about Manish getting credit for somebody else’s works since losing his credentials, not for his entire time on the beat.

If you thought he had no sources that whole time, it’s okay to admit you were wrong. He had them.  It’s in this story that you’re using to support your incorrect assumption.

You are unwell.  Seek help.

You've said this to me before when I question your unending, strange Manish loyalty.  It's unbecoming to just throw that out there at people.  If I didn't think highly of you I'd suggest you are projecting.

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So let's have that conversation.  

You've said this to me before when I question your unending, strange Manish loyalty.  It's unbecoming to just throw that out there at people.  If I didn't think highly of you I'd suggest you are projecting.

I mean, if you're that interested in how Manish got his sources, I'll play along. 

As is the case in most competitive fields, he probably did some underhanded/dirty things to get the scoops nobody else was getting.  I even asked it in a thread a few months ago when he broke a story (but  maybe it wasn't him after all).  I did wonder aloud how he was able to get scoops while everyone else was reporting on which former Jet was celebrating their 73rd birthday that day.

I'm fine, thanks,  I'm not repeatedly bringing up a topic on which I am wrong in an effort to...well, I'm not sure what you're trying to do.  But for some time now you feel an urge to mention me with Mehta when it comes to issues that are completely unrelated to my original claim which was that he had access to people with first-hand knowledge of the goings on at 1 Jets Drive.

I've said many times that he has sources.  If I was going to make up a lie and repeat it over and over again, you'd better believe it would be a hell of a lot better than a reporter having people close to the team providing him with information.  Hardly the juiciest thing one could come up with.  Just tried to share the truth with the "no sources" mob but people get very emotional when it comes to this stuff so they won't allow the facts to speak for themselves.  It's all about the feelings in 2020.

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I fully concede on that.  You're right, Manish had sources!  

Now, any comments on Manish being a terrible human being?  Ready to denounce him yet?

Sure.  Turns out he wasn't a good person.  I have no problem speaking the truth.  I'm just glad we decided to stop inviting him onto the podcast when he lost his credentials.  We knew it wouldn't have been over nothing and Manish's refusal to even acknowledge it made it clear that whatever it was the Jets pulled the credentials for, it was legit. 

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I used to just think Manish was lame and used click-bait.  But if this story is true, he's an awful human being.  Stalking a guy's kid (and that creepy line about knowing what ice cream his kid is eating)?!  I fully agree with Scott Dierking that the police should have been brought in at that point and there should have been a restraining order.  And if the Daily News knew about this and did nothing, that's even worse!

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Manish is a hump who no one takes seriously. Gonna need to see some receipts on JD's kid getting heckled at a CYO game that's not from a random twitter account. Other than that, the Jets suck, so fun story I guess. The other guy who I guess worked for the Daily News "exposed" something no one outside of Jets diehards really followed anyways. Too bad he never reported anything compelling about the team or front office. He got a new job. Cimini is still the only source of anything. Go Jets.

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If you're going to go after someone publicly like that, you should have some documented examples that others can corroborate. This is just seems like an all around immature who cares fest.

For what it is worth I have seen proof that this is real. I was able to verify it. We aren't getting involved in any way, just wanted to respond to this to say these stories have been verified.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sure.  Turns out he wasn't a good person.  I have no problem speaking the truth.  I'm just glad we decided to stop inviting him onto the podcast when he lost his credentials.  We knew it wouldn't have been over nothing and Manish's refusal to even acknowledge it made it clear that whatever it was the Jets pulled the credentials for, it was legit. 

I'll take it!

9 hours ago, shevys said:

https://twitter.com/NYJ_Matt/status/1331708672649605121?s=20

Craig Carton (@craigcartonlive) on the WFAN: Manish Mehta texted Joe Douglas describing the type of ice cream his son was eating at a Phillies game #Jets

(Sure wish I knew how to embed the tweet better)

https://www.mememaker.net/api/bucket?path=static/img/memes/full/2018/Nov/22/5/creep-100-197.png

• Upvote 1