NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I don't believe that there is anything illuminated that they are already not aware of. They obviously know that Mehta had his credentials pulled and would know why. They would seem to be complicit.

As far as an "emergency meeting", it is probably more "Who do we get to fill the post that was left"?  I hope it is different, but previous indiscretions have not pushed them to move. 

Yeah that's true.

Now that it's more out in the open, they may cave and cut all ties. 

• Upvote 1

Guy - on the mental health comments, as I didn't dig deep on that in the past. I mentioned that I will make sure that doesn't happen here in the future, but if we could just move forward from that I would appreciate it.  Glenn is a great guy, doing a thankless job. Things get heated and it is beyond tough to put your opinions out there every week for this team. Because history shows anything positive we try to say the Jets prove wrong.  That said, Glenn does so much for this site, he is a good friend and I think we should all just move forward in a post-Manish world.  :)

Thanks.

Oh and look at who are newest registered member on the site is! Pretty cool.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Guy - on the mental health comments, as I didn't dig deep on that in the past. I mentioned that I will make sure that doesn't happen here in the future, but if we could just move forward from that I would appreciate it.  Glenn is a great guy, doing a thankless job. Things get heated and it is beyond tough to put your opinions out there every week for this team. Because history shows anything positive we try to say the Jets prove wrong.  That said, Glenn does so much for this site, he is a good friend and I think we should all just move forward in a post-Manish world.  :)

Thanks.

Oh and look at who are newest registered member on the site is! Pretty cool.

I cant see it, who is it? 

Edit: I see. Cool cool. 

10 minutes ago, emesola said:

Hey everyone! Long time no see!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi (But definitely not under my obnoxious old user name...apologies to anyone who had to deal with me as an immature teenager)!

Thanks for following along, and thanks for the support. 

Somewhere along the lines we all became immature adults.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Thank you for sharing your experience with mental health. 

the potential problem with a “fan “ reporting is obvious   He obviously cannot draw and respect a line between his personal interests and his professional one

Again I applaud your honesty and strength for others afflicted with these issues 

Appreciate that.  My offer of an open inbox will always stand.  If I can help a single person, it’s worth it.  That is always how I will look at it.  The amount of people I had reach out and support me when I was in my rough patch taught me that a good support structure can make a world of a difference.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I find much of this to be triggering, sir.

As triggering as a juicy bone-in wing with Asian Zing sauce?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

When someone says something insensitive or insulting to me on this website, one way I deal with it, is to think to myself, did this person write dozens of op-eds in defense/support of Mike Maccagnan as a quality professional football general manager?  If they have, I don't give a lot of credence to anything they say about really any other topic.

Hahaha, I’ll add it to my list, right alongside cognitive behavioral therapy tips and tricks ???.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will never go to a Buffalo Wild Wings with Tom again. Fool me once whatever. Fool me a 5th time, not gonna happen.

Good point on the coverage, the Jets have a few big pressers coming up.

• Firing Gase and staff
  • Announcing new coach
  • Draft announcing hopefully Trevor Lawrence

There could be another big presser after Sam Darnold is traded. If that happens before the draft.

The NYDN will definitely want to ask some questions.

I will never turn down a B-Dubz trip, so my offer will always stand hahaha.

Yeah man, there’s A TON of change coming.  No doubt in my mind that something will come of this because right now the guy can’t even get in on the Zoom pressers.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, emesola said:

Can confirm. I’m now 32, married, with a kid (and another on the way). I’m on the same wavelength as my 3 year old ?

You know when you are in high school and the 27 year old teacher seemed old? That is what happened here. You have doubled in age, but the rest of us were already old back then.  :)

• Haha 3

Hey everyone! Long time no see!
Just wanted to pop in and say hi (But definitely not under my obnoxious old user name...apologies to anyone who had to deal with me as an immature teenager)!
Thanks for following along, and thanks for the support. 

Hi Erika, Glad you broke this stuff. Congratulations! Remember you from JI. You were a detective, even as a young woman. Glad you found your way into journalism.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, emesola said:

Hey! Thanks! I did the journalism thing for a couple of years (studied it in college), but the industry was so toxic. Left and never looked back. 

I’m a producer at EA Sports now, working with the NFL (previously NBA and WNBA). 

Good for you!  Outstanding.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Can I say this...

Who gives a flying f---

We have this site for our Jets news.

Anyone reading any of these beat writers doesn't get what we have here.  As much as we argue here, there are many intelligent and some connected people that give me everything I need.  

And if you really need to get mad at him - he's played a great foil....

I will say, with all fairness - if he really went after a kid - the DN would have and should have fired him....so I don't buy it.

• Upvote 1

Hey! Thanks! I did the journalism thing for a couple of years (studied it in college), but the industry was so toxic. Left and never looked back. 

I’m a producer at EA Sports now, working with the NFL (previously NBA and WNBA). 

Even better. Congrats!

• Sympathy 1