NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Will @AFJF continue to defend this guy now, or finally denounce this absolute snake and clearly pretty terrible person?  Professionally AND personally he's even worse than we thought.

AFJF is a good poster and JN contributor so its always been incredibly confusing why he continued to support a complete d**kbag like Manish Mehta.  

Because it's not about Manish Mehta being a terrible person. It's about the Daily News firing its sports editor and replacing the position with a director of clickbait. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Manish is who he is.  You don't blame a snake for being a snake, but how the NYDN can continue to employ the snake is beyond me.  The guy has not journalistic integrity, attempts to influence the stories he is supposed to cover and allows his own personal biases to not only influece the stories, but become the stories. 

If the NYDN had any integrity, he would have been gone long ago.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Will @AFJF continue to defend this guy now, or finally denounce this absolute snake and clearly pretty terrible person?  Professionally AND personally he's even worse than we thought.

AFJF is a good poster and JN contributor so its always been incredibly confusing why he continued to support a complete d**kbag like Manish Mehta.  

I said he had sources.  You said he did not.

I was right.  You were wrong.

Today’s news changes none of that.

You’re a good poster and JN contributor so it’s confusing why you continue to bring up a point on which you were proven wrong time and again.  

It’s okay to admit being wrong from time to time.

• WTF? 1

Bothering a guy's kids is really beyond the pale. At a loss what he even hoped to accomplish doing that. What does it take to lose your job at the News other than another cost-cutting round of layoffs. 

All the newspapers in NY are losing money. But Murdoch and the Post make decent coin throwing those local paper/marketeer things on your porch filled with coupons.At one point Murdoch offered to share their printing facility with the News to save them some money ,and they very stupidly refused.  The Times has a lot of other businesses. The News has ..the News. And Mike Lupica and Talcum X. yeah, no thanks. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What led to Manish losing his Jets credentials? A lot of things. But the last straw was when Manish decided to harass Jets GM Joe Douglas’ child at a baseball game.

A low life loser would be the only person to do something like this.

JD should have pummeled him.

You go to jail for beating up women.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Love this.

When I was growing up in Inwood there were guys that would show up at Little League games. They would sit just behind the left field fence drinking and betting on the games.

My first game in the "majors" at 10 years old, I batted 2nd and struck out my 1st at bat. I remember going back to the bench not worried about what my coach thought but being afraid of the gamblers.

It builds character.

I would instruct my centerfielder to errantly sail a warm up ball behind the outfield.

What kind of degenerate bets on LL games/

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I would instruct my centerfielder to errantly sail a warm up ball behind the outfield.

What kind of degenerate bets on LL games/

LOL. Inwood Diamond 6....this ran deep.  We moved the next year, so I only saw that kind of pressure one year.  :)

That being said, nobody was messing with these guys. It was the late 70's. There was no video cameras around to save anyone. You let them do their thing and everyone went home happy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

There is no doubt that Mehta has sources. 

But, what has been revealed here to even greater depths than what we suspected is that Mehta creates a quid pro quo relationship with these sources. Hey, if you give me some info, I will do the dirty work in the press for you. Doesn't matter if  what you provide me or what I write infringes upon the truth. Truth is just collateral damage at that point.

What we don't know exactly, is what are these backroom deals that Manish has brokered and with whom? Exactly how much is he being used to spread disinformation?

Has Manish broken stories? Sure.But by what means? Once you have shown to be dirty, everything else that you touch becomes dirty as well. Just the way it goes.

All I’ve ever said is he has sources.  
I know this for a fact and have for years.

How did he get them?  Totally different conversation.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Actually, if everything here is accurate, Manish not only fabricates half the sh*t he writes nowadays, Charles was the only one with sources while Manish was getting credit for it, and any source Manish DOES have is built on a disgusting foundation of “give me information or I’ll make your life miserable”, but, hey, continue defending people who stalk others, including their children, because he did your podcast a favor once, it’s a really good look Glenn! ??

This story is about Manish getting credit for somebody else’s works since losing his credentials, not for his entire time on the beat.

If you thought he had no sources that whole time, it’s okay to admit you were wrong. He had them.  It’s in this story that you’re using to support your incorrect assumption.

You are unwell.  Seek help.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4