NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This story is about Manish getting credit for somebody else’s works since losing his credentials, not for his entire time on the beat.

If you thought he had no sources that whole time, it’s okay to admit you were wrong. He had them.  It’s in this story that you’re using to support your incorrect assumption.

You are unwell.  Seek help.

Hope the two extra clicks were worth your integrity as a person and as a contributer to this website.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

All I’ve ever said is he has sources.  
I know this for a fact and have for years.

How did he get them?  Totally different conversation.

Fair, I see we are going in circles here. I would be interested in your opinion on the following questions:

-Do you believe that Mehta writes some stories based upon personal vendettas about whom he is writing?

-If we are to believe some of what has been written about Mehta here, would that make you believe that Mehta often slants articles he writes based upon the relationship that he has about whom he is writing?

-If you believe any of these things to be possible, does that not then paint everything that Mehta writes with a skeptical stroke? 

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Hope the two extra clicks were worth your integrity as a person and as a contributer to this website.

Jets podcast has Jets bear writer on to talk about Jets.

Oh, the humanity! 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Fair, I see we are going in circles here. I would be interested in your opinion on the following questions:

-Do you believe that Mehta writes some stories based upon personal vendettas about whom he is writing?

-If we are to believe some of what has been written about Mehta here, would that make you believe that Mehta often slants articles he writes based upon the relationship that he has about whom he is writing?

-If you believe any of these things to be possible, does that not then paint everything that Mehta writes with a skeptical stroke? 

He certainly does, just as Costello has been doing for Gase since around the middle of last season.

This doesn’t bother me a great deal because I’ve talked to some of the beat guys about how the landscape has changed in recent years.  The way things are set up, 99% of stories go to Schefter and Rapoport.  

The beat guys are left to fight over the crumbs and might have to sell their souls a bit in order to get a story.

It certainly seems Manish took it way too far.  It’ll be interesting to see if Manish keeps his job.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Love this.

When I was growing up in Inwood there were guys that would show up at Little League games. They would sit just behind the left field fence drinking and betting on the games.

My first game in the "majors" at 10 years old, I batted 2nd and struck out my 1st at bat. I remember going back to the bench not worried about what my coach thought but being afraid of the gamblers.

It builds character.

71D0432C-DF50-4D77-916A-D9F96A8F5B56.jpeg

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I keep checking back on this thread every couple hours for updates. Continues to put a smile on my face. 

I'm SO curious what Manish does now lol. 

Based on past history, he probably takes candy from a toddler or punches a puppy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I keep checking back on this thread every couple hours for updates. Continues to put a smile on my face. 

I'm SO curious what Manish does now lol. 

Who knows? He may have been given instructions to get as many "clicks as possible. The DN is in that deep of trouble. Journalism integrity be damned.

Written on this thread earlier that in 2019 the DN fired their Sports Editor and replaced him with a Director of Digital Audience Development (see below and link). That should have given everyone the clue what was coming.

Manish very well may have been given the go-ahead to write whatever he needs to get those clicks, to spur revenue. Let everything else take care of itself.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Manish now gets fired after doing what he was told to do, and now will be basically unemployable in this field? I would not feel badly for him.

https://www.poynter.org/business-work/2019/new-york-daily-news-fires-sports-editor/#:~:text=The Daily News sports section,of the paper%2C was fired.&text=Kyle Wagner%2C formerly of Deadspin,to the New York Post.

The Daily News sports section suffered another major blow Thursday when sports editor Eric Barrow, a 15-year veteran of the paper, was fired. What made the news especially stunning was Barrow telling his staff that he was not being replaced.

That’s true. Sort of.

Kyle Wagner, formerly of Deadspin and 538, will run the department with the title of Director of Digital Audience Development for Sports, according to the New York Post.

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Who knows? He may have been given instructions to get as many "clicks as possible. The DN is in that deep of trouble. Journalism integrity be damned.

Written on this thread earlier that in 2019 the DN fired their Sports Editor and replaced him with a Director of Digital Audience Development (see below and link). That should have given everyone the clue what was coming.

Manish very well may have been given the go-ahead to write whatever he needs to get those clicks, to spur revenue. Let everything else take care of itself.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Manish now gets fired after doing what he was told to do, and now will be basically unemployable in this field? I would not feel badly for him.

https://www.poynter.org/business-work/2019/new-york-daily-news-fires-sports-editor/#:~:text=The Daily News sports section,of the paper%2C was fired.&text=Kyle Wagner%2C formerly of Deadspin,to the New York Post.

The Daily News sports section suffered another major blow Thursday when sports editor Eric Barrow, a 15-year veteran of the paper, was fired. What made the news especially stunning was Barrow telling his staff that he was not being replaced.

That’s true. Sort of.

Kyle Wagner, formerly of Deadspin and 538, will run the department with the title of Director of Digital Audience Development for Sports, according to the New York Post.

"Formerly of Deadspin" lol

• Upvote 2

I still read the morning newspaper (digital version) and I stopped reading the Daily News because of his one sided dribble.  The NY  Post has a way more sports coverage daily.  I'm actually surprised with the decline of local newspapers that they have so many sports articles.

52 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

So when is he gonna be on the podcast again

We decided not to invite him on again after he lost his credentials.  He may have still had sources, but we knew that there had to be something very real going on behind the scenes for him to have lost his credentials without him acknowledging or fighting it.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Geat job, jetsbabe.

I am so glad he's done with no chance of coming back.  That guy undermined our team for the better part of a decade and cost us free agents and coaching candidates through his constant badmouthing and unfair narratives.  Never want to hear his name again.

SAR I

If the Johnson family made decisions about who our HC should be based on stuff written by Manish then the issue is with them.   Who are you referring to btw?  Doug Marrone?

33 minutes ago, shevys said:

https://twitter.com/NYJ_Matt/status/1331708672649605121?s=20

Craig Carton (@craigcartonlive) on the WFAN: Manish Mehta texted Joe Douglas describing the type of ice cream his son was eating at a Phillies game #Jets

(Sure wish I knew how to embed the tweet better)

Wtf. This is like something a serial killer does in a movie while he is watching your family and about to kill them. 

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, shevys said:

https://twitter.com/NYJ_Matt/status/1331708672649605121?s=20

Craig Carton (@craigcartonlive) on the WFAN: Manish Mehta texted Joe Douglas describing the type of ice cream his son was eating at a Phillies game #Jets

(Sure wish I knew how to embed the tweet better)

At this point the police should probably have gotten involved.

• Upvote 3