Shark out of water. Anyone else??

Jets0712

I’ve read these threads, a lot of Jet fans with very strong opinions about a variety of topics I’ve commented on some, liked others. I go back to say the early to mid 80s and I’ve always had a strong opinion on what they need to do to get better or what needs to be for fixed, what coach to hire, what players they should go after in free agency, draft... etc...for the 1 st time in my life I am so confused, wishy washy, on EVERYTHING that’s going on with our team..I have absolutely no conviction on anything about what’s going on.my opinions on who I want to be head coach, who to draft. Keep it,or trade back. I’m being influenced by so many of you guys/girls on a topic and then being swayed the other direction by the others who disagree. Just wanted to know if anyone out there can relate

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Draft Fields. He’s as good as Trevor. 

Wilson is better than Fields, hands down. 

Fields had one bad game, that’s all. 

You don’t draft two LTs in top half of first in back to back years.

Trade for Stafford.

Travor is God. 

Wilson sucks. 

You play to suck in the game. 

Earth is flat. 

Unicorns are really just horses that have an extra boner, even the female ones. 

JN mods have a secret thread where they share their nudes all the time. 

Hope that clarifies the confusion. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

I’ve read these threads, a lot of Jet fans with very strong opinions about a variety of topics I’ve commented on some, liked others. I go back to say the early to mid 80s and I’ve always had a strong opinion on what they need to do to get better or what needs to be for fixed, what coach to hire, what players they should go after in free agency, draft... etc...for the 1 st time in my life I am so confused, wishy washy, on EVERYTHING that’s going on with our team..I have absolutely no conviction on anything about what’s going on.my opinions on who I want to be head coach, who to draft. Keep it,or trade back. I’m being influenced by so many of you guys/girls on a topic and then being swayed the other direction by the others who disagree. Just wanted to know if anyone out there can relate

This is just a place to talk about the team.  Some here have very strong opinions, and some will call you names if you don't  agree with them but there is a saying about opinions being like a butt crack, that everyone has one. 

Feeling numb after what the Jets just put their fans through I think is the normal response. I'm with you on that. I do have my opinion on who I want tke coach to be but at this point I woukd be happy if we just conduct a proper search. Whatever happens after that will be what it will be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

2020 was one long existential crisis that burned everyone out and revealed sports to be the trifling nonsense it’s always been. Being passionate about the goddamn Jets was a massive luxury borne of being relatively comfortable in the world and unchallenged by bigger things. You’ll know life is good again when you‘re screaming at the TV for the Jets to fire Marvin Lewis in two years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Trade for Stafford.

Travor is God. 

Wilson sucks. 

Earth is flat. 

I was about to completely destroy this post, but then I saw the bold and realized that you do actually have some solid inside sources. Thanks for the info! 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Trade for Stafford.

Travor is God. 

Wilson sucks. 

Earth is flat. 

marvin powell and chris ward were taken a year apart and both with the 4th pick of the draft.  but yes there is quite a bit of confusion.

58 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

I agree with you.  There is no clear cut answers to the coach or QB situation.  I would just say that Douglas seems to be an excellent football guy with a good resume and has made solid decisions so far.  I m glad he is making the decisions (I hope)

• Sympathy 1

I agree with you.  There is no clear cut answers to the coach or QB situation.  I would just say that Douglas seems to be an excellent football guy with a good resume and has made solid decisions so far.  I m glad he is making the decisions (I hope)

That’s the only constant. Is Douglass.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets0712 said:

I think I we will be fine with any of the coaches that we are interviewing.  Everyone should rank them according to who you believe is best to worst but I think whoever is in last will be fine too.  

There are no clear cut "absolutely not" candidates so I think we are set up nicely for next year with a coach.  

For a QB its all up in the air with no clear answer.  At this point we would have to put faith in JD and the new coaching staff to make the best decision for the club.  It may not be right but weighing the pros and cons of which direction to go in is what they get paid to do.  The big mystery is where does JD stand on Darnold right now.  Is he hoping a new coach will help him make that decision or is he selling the #2 as a point of a new fresh start with a QB?  He has enough info on Darnold.  Gase is an idiot but I'm sure they have discussed in detail Darnold's skill set and ability to QB a team.

For me, I am excited for what's ahead.

• New coach
  • Cap space
  • Draft capital 
  • New QB?
  • Trade down scenarios for more picks
  • FA's and draft picks to help Sam be more successful.

Although the Jets always find a way to make you shake your head, I do not believe it can get any worse than it has the last few years. And I say that knowing that it can very well happen,  lol

JET UP my friend!!  Get ready for a bumpy and exciting of season.

• Sympathy 1

There's 100 roads to a championship. 95 start with a good QB. Out of the last 20 SB champions, 16 were won by teams with HOF or HOF-bound QBs. 19 of 20 by QBs who made at least one pro bowl -- ironically the only exception is currently a Jet. That's where it starts, and so should we.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

Trade for Stafford.

Travor is God. 

Wilson sucks. 

Earth is flat. 

yeah 

this kind of stuff bothers me

all these keyboard warriors working on the Best Buy Geek Squad have ALL the answers around here.

That's the nature of the internet.

1 hour ago, Jets0712 said:

Part of  the "problem" is that we are actually in a really good position with too many good options.

If we had 1 first round draft pick and were sitting at 8 life would be simpler. Now we have the choice of sticking at 1 and either taking a generational Tackle or a generational WR or the 2nd best QB prospect OR we can trade down. 

There are also a good amount of quality options for Head Coach but no clear #1 so no one really knows if there is a significant difference in our future if we pick Saleh or Daboll or Smith or Pederson or Brady or the other 4-7 guys who have been linked to the Jets. 

Part of  the "problem" is that we are actually in a really good position with too many good options.
If we had 1 first round draft pick and were sitting at 8 life would be simpler. Now we have the choice of sticking at 1 and either taking a generational Tackle or a generational WR or the 2nd best QB prospect OR we can trade down. 
There are also a good amount of quality options for Head Coach but no clear #1 so no one really knows if there is a significant difference in our future if we pick Saleh or Daboll or Smith or Pederson or Brady or the other 4-7 guys who have been linked to the Jets. 

Very true. We do have a lot of options out there. And I believe that we have hit rock bottom and things are looking up..def excited for what’s coming

I think what bothers me most about the coach search is the way the NFL sets the rules.  Like I am on board with Saleh.. I was a little disappointed when he left without a contract.. then I forgot about Dabol.  I just started realizing how messed up that is that you cant choose between 2 guys because only 1 is available to interview.  In the meantime, some other team can jump the gun and take Saleh off the board.  Then you interview Dabol and realize that Saleh was better.. but now he is gone.  Dont like it.

4 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Trade for Stafford.

Travor is God. 

Wilson sucks. 

Earth is flat. 

That secret thread doesnt exist. (It's a group text now)

I’m the same way. I think this is why I’m enjoying this offseason more than others. Plus, I’ve convinced myself Douglas knows what he’s doing.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing to not have a strong opinion. The reality is most of don’t even know these guys. Stay informed on what the team is doing but don’t get too emotionally attached to stuff.

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

marvin powell and chris ward were taken a year apart and both with the 4th pick of the draft.  but yes there is quite a bit of confusion.

Yep, and that kicked off a string of powerful teams 

77--3-11

78--8-8

79--8-8

80--4-12

81--10-5-1

82--6-3

83--7-9

84--7-9

I'll go with a QB

38 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yep, and that kicked off a string of powerful teams 

77--3-11

78--8-8

79--8-8

80--4-12

81--10-5-1

82--6-3

83--7-9

84--7-9

I'll go with a QB

Don’t forget that they were also in a tough division. The doltfins were rising again after the wfl nonsense and the colts, bills and patsies were also good. Todd wasn’t exactly a great QB. And they made an error in drafting Jones .  Once Walton took over things started to regress.

6 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Don’t forget that they were also in a tough division. The doltfins were rising again after the wfl nonsense and the colts, bills and patsies were also good. Todd wasn’t exactly a great QB. And they made an error in drafting Jones .  Once Walton took over things started to regress.

And they are in a tough division again.  The Bills are for real, and have an excellent QB.

IMO the Fish are a good, well coached team, with lots of draft capital.  To me, they are a QB away from being a very strong team, and they hold the #3 pick in the draft.

Lil Bill is still in NE, we'll see where that goes.  This is an excellent OT draft.  The Jets have almost $100M in cap.  Suspect they  can find some interior OL with that.

it would be mismanagement to take an OT, who hasn't played in a year at #2, when there will be a couple of, what looks like, good QB's there.  The Jets have 0 at QB right now.  if they don't take one it will be another sad repeat of the past.

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

And they are in a tough division again.  The Bills are for real, and have an excellent QB.

IMO the Fish are a good, well coached team, with lots of draft capital.  To me, they are a QB away from being a very strong team, and they hold the #3 pick in the draft.

Lil Bill is still in NE, we'll see where that goes.  This is an excellent OT draft.  The Jets have almost $100M in cap.  Suspect they  can find some interior OL with that.

it would be mismanagement to take an OT, who hasn't played in a year at #2, when there will be a couple of, what looks like, good QB's there.  The Jets have 0 at QB right now.  if they don't take one it will be another sad repeat of the past.

I’m not advocating them taking a tackle with the two pick.  They need skill players more and I hope they check out the QBs , wrs, edge and cb first.