Saleh on Sam Darnold

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There doesnt even need to be a thread about this.  Joe D and Saleh are NOT putting their reputations and jobs on the line for darnold.  

Hes awful!!!!

Saleh and Douglas are smart people.  They dont want this kid anywhere near this franchise.

The only people who think Darnold is coming back are jets fans who bought his jetsey and have his bobblehead on their dresser.

Hopefully your man enough to admit your wrong, when the time comes. Are you?????Others will disappear for a while. I'm sure.

• Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Hopefully your man enough to admit your wrong, when the time comes. Are you?????Others will disappear for a while. I'm sure.

Or just pretend our argument wasn’t what it actually was - sort of exactly like what you did with you white knighting for the guy who made John Idzik look like Ozzie Newsome.

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Or just pretend our argument wasn’t what it actually was - sort of exactly like what you did with you white knighting for the guy who made John Idzik look like Ozzie Newsome.

13 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Idzik was the worst GM the Jet's ever had. Mac wasn't that much better, but not nearly on Idzik's level of incompetence. Which was always my argument.

17 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I've been wrong plenty of times. I really stunk it up defending the Polite pick. I could go on and on. 

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

"I am looking for great coaches beyond this country"--Dan Campbell

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy is this gonna be bad

dude is looking in Nicaragua for a great OL coach.

good luck Dan!

Poor Detroit.  Not just a sh*thole city.  But does their football team EVER get anything right?

How many times have they made the playoffs in  the last 50 years? Once? How many times during Barry Sanders entire career? They got upset with him when he retired basically overnight.  Can’t blame him.  They should have felt blessed that he even played for them.

30 minutes ago, genot said:

Idzik was the worst GM the Jet's ever had. Mac wasn't that much better, but not nearly on Idzik's level of incompetence. Which was always my argument.

Idzik failed in the draft.  Macc failed in the draft and free agency, and did so for a significantly longer time, thus causing significantly more damage to this franchise.  That's why it isn't close.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Idzik failed in the draft.  Macc failed in the draft and free agency, and did so for a significantly longer time, thus causing significantly more damage to this franchise.  That's why it isn't close.

We have two 1st rd picks for Jamal. That alone evens the score.Douglas cleaned up the salary cap issue in one off season. He was a bad GM, Idzik didn't draft one good football player. Not one.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, genot said:

We have two 1st rd picks for Jamal. That alone evens the score.Douglas cleaned up the salary cap issue in one off season. He was a bad GM, Idzik didn't draft one good football player. Not one.

Jamal Adams may be the worst draft pick in this franchise's history, so I'm hard pressed to credit him for that.

Jamal Adams may be the worst draft pick in this franchise's history, so I'm hard pressed to credit him for that.

Your not serious. How old are you 18. I can spend the next hour typing all the busts we drafted. Your not calling Adams a bust are you.

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Rewatching the press conference.

Heard Saleh with Carton and Evan.

The answer to the Sam Darnold question(s) is: premeditated, pre rehearsed, calculated and strategic--all which were most likely talked through several times with Joe Douglas and Johnson.  Make no mistake about it.

Mentioning, "there's a reason he was #3 pick in the draft" aka WE WANT A HIGH PICK FOR HIM WHEN WE TRADE HIM.

Mentioning, "I will speak about how we game planned for him when I was with SF" aka I WON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIS FUTURE HERE--ONLY ABOUT THE PAST.  

Sam is a goner.  They want to trade him and they want AS MUCH FOR HIM AS POSSIBLE.

You shouldn't post this because other GM's might read it and know that Darnold isn't that good. 

MODS: Please delete thread so that GM's don't see this. 

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

No, I am not calling him a bust.  I'm calling it the worst pick potentially in franchise history.

See this helpful diagram below.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 8.44.22 PM.png

We drafted a strong safety who can't cover, over a league MVP, super bowl MVP QB, and a Pro Bowl QB.

This, then caused us to spend a high 1st round pick, and three 2nd round picks, on a player who is, in fact, a bust.

Go ahead and make an argument for a worse draft pick.  Maybe Obrien over Marino or Brady over Sapp?

Hindsight is 20/20. If we drafted them, they would not have performed nearly as well here. You better listen to Saleh on the micheal kay show. That bust is our starting QB. Next year. Like it or not.

• Sympathy 1

No, I am not calling him a bust.  I'm calling it the worst pick potentially in franchise history.
See this helpful diagram below.
1212079706_ScreenShot2021-01-21at8_44_22PM.thumb.png.9acf084a82f6f218c3e8ca440bfbcaa3.png
We drafted a strong safety who can't cover, over a league MVP, super bowl MVP QB, and a Pro Bowl QB.
This, then caused us to spend a high 1st round pick, and three 2nd round picks, on a player who is, in fact, a bust.
Go ahead and make an argument for a worse draft pick.  Maybe Obrien over Marino or Brady over Sapp?

Chad Pennington over Tom Brady

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, genot said:

Hindsight is 20/20. If we drafted them, they would not have performed nearly as well here. You better listen to Saleh on the micheal kay show. That bust is our starting QB. Next year. Like it or not.

The “no one else would be good here” argument is pitiful - a loser argument.  We’d have an elite player and 4 high picks to support them.

And yes, the bust may be starting next year.  And, I don’t like it.  Because he is very bad.  And I want the Jets to be good.

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Mentioning, "there's a reason he was #3 pick in the draft" 

Saleh was actually thinking: The reason was the dope who was GM before Douglas passed on Mahomes and Watson for an in the box safety.

Mentioning, "I will speak about how we game planned for him when I was with SF" 

Saleh was actually thinking: He's dead to me.  

He's signaling; to Kyle Shanahan. Market's open.

37 minutes ago, genot said:

This old canard, again?

I mean, sure, if you’re going to drop 5 rounds, but I was thinking more in the realm of realistic things.

You could build the best team in NFL history from the guys any GM has passed on. It’s a lidicrous argument.

He has to be neutral when it comes to Darnold, and it makes perfect sense. If they confirm he is staying, then the potential value of the #2 pick in a trade package is lower. If they say he is definitely out, then they tip their hand about their intention with #2 pick. Even worse, if they say he’s out and they are back door dealing for Watson, then his trade price skyrockets. Anything they do other than speak in very broad general terms, weakens all of their potential positions.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The “no one else would be good here” argument is pitiful - a loser argument.  We’d have an elite player and 4 high picks to support them.

And yes, the bust may be starting next year.  And, I don’t like it.  Because he is very bad.  And I want the Jets to be good.

I trust Douglas and Saleh's judgement more than i trust yours. Can you blame me. I wish i can go back and pull up the post from everybody at the end of last year. Oh, lets get Sam more weapons. He had less this year, and all of a sudden this year has him turned into a bust

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Is ur sam bobblehead on the dresser in ur room or ur office?

Is saleh's or Douglas's. If Sam is the QB next year it's because they want him to be.. Nobody is pointing a gun to thier head, forcing them to go with Darnold. Are we to believe that the collective judgement of this new regime isn't up to snuff with yours and other's

• Sympathy 2