Saleh on Sam Darnold

Rewatching the press conference.

Heard Saleh with Carton and Evan.

The answer to the Sam Darnold question(s) is: premeditated, pre rehearsed, calculated and strategic--all which were most likely talked through several times with Joe Douglas and Johnson.  Make no mistake about it.

Mentioning, "there's a reason he was #3 pick in the draft" aka WE WANT A HIGH PICK FOR HIM WHEN WE TRADE HIM.

Mentioning, "I will speak about how we game planned for him when I was with SF" aka I WON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIS FUTURE HERE--ONLY ABOUT THE PAST.  

Sam is a goner.  They want to trade him and they want AS MUCH FOR HIM AS POSSIBLE.

• Upvote 10
  • Thumb Down 11
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 5

5 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

The answer to the Sam Darnold question(s) is: premeditated, pre rehearsed, calculated and strategic--all which were most likely talked through several times with Joe Douglas and Johnson.  Make no mistake about it.

Mentioning, "there's a reason he was #3 pick in the draft" aka WE WANT A HIGH PICK FOR HIM WHEN WE TRADE HIM.

Mentioning, "I will speak about how we game planned for him when I was with SF" aka I WON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIS FUTURE HERE--ONLY ABOUT THE PAST.  

Sam is a goner.  They want to trade him and they want AS MUCH FOR HIM AS POSSIBLE.

3000% agree,

IMO they wouldn’t let fans flirt with the idea of other QBs or wouldn’t want to hurt Sams confidence by letting his status remain uncertain, IF he was Franchise QB period. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Mentioning, "there's a reason he was #3 pick in the draft" 

Saleh was actually thinking: The reason was the dope who was GM before Douglas passed on Mahomes and Watson for an in the box safety.

Mentioning, "I will speak about how we game planned for him when I was with SF" 

Saleh was actually thinking: He's dead to me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

3000% agree,

IMO they wouldn’t let fans flirt with the idea of others QBs or wouldn’t want to hurt Sams confidence by letting his status remain uncertain, IF he was Franchise QB period. 

he is gone

make no mistake about it

those replies were premeditated, calculated and talked through 300x with the three of them.

that ship has sailed.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Saleh was actually thinking: The reason was the dope who was GM before Douglas passed on Mahomes and Watson for an in the box safety.

yup

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

Watching Dan Campbell press conference, this is like a confessional to a therapist...man, this is weird...really weird.

It rivalled the Gase press conference for weirdness.

And Detroit gave the guy a 6-year deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Oh and, it could be worse, we could have hired Dan Campbell.

I just saw Dan Campbell's press conference, and my god, really reminded me of Rex Ryan lol. Hopefully Campbell has better luck than he did. 

Back to the thread, yeah, it does seem that Darnold is most likely a goner based on the responses they gave, but who knows yet. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

You were correct right up until your conclusion.

They most definitely spent a lot of time on that answer.

They did so for the dual purpose of either building up his trade value if he indeed is to be traded or praising his attributes if doesn't get traded.

Why is it so hard to take JD at his word that they are working through the process and nothing has been decided? I don't get it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I just saw Dan Campbell's press conference, and my god, really reminded me of Rex Ryan lol. Hopefully Campbell has better luck than he did. 

Back to the thread, yeah, it does seem that Darnold is most likely a goner based on the responses they gave, but who knows yet. 

Rex Ryan? This guy makes Rex Ryan look like Bill Gates.

This is bad.

34 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I want your appraisal SOOOOOOO much to be correct.  Lets' hope.

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Saleh isn't trying to sell Sam to a potential trade partner. He's selling Sam to the Darnold detractors and the local press. Sam will be back

Okay and what would be the easiest way to do this? Hmmmm maybe saying something along the lines of: “Sam is the franchise QB of the NYJ”.  That would’ve been the perfect start, don’t you think?

?‍♂️

39 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Sam is gone.

There doesnt even need to be a thread about this.  Joe D and Saleh are NOT putting their reputations and jobs on the line for darnold.  

Hes awful!!!!

Saleh and Douglas are smart people.  They dont want this kid anywhere near this franchise.

The only people who think Darnold is coming back are jets fans who bought his jetsey and have his bobblehead on their dresser.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Okay and what would be the easiest way to do this? Hmmmm maybe saying something along the lines of: “Sam is the franchise QB of the NYJ”.  That would’ve been the perfect start, don’t you think?

?‍♂️

Keep people guessing. Can't hurt. If Trevor was available, i'd take your point. But he isn't. At #2, Fields and Wilson would be a bigger gamble than keeping Sam. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, genot said:

Keep people guessing. Can't hurt. If Trevor was available, i'd take your point. But he isn't. At #2, Fields and Wilson would be a bigger gamble than keeping Sam. 

So you mean to tell me a clean canvas rookie QB is more of a gamble than a injury prone, last ranked QB through 3 seasons, on the last year of his rookie contract, Sam Darnold? WOW

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

"I am looking for great coaches beyond this country"--Dan Campbell

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy is this gonna be bad

dude is looking in Nicaragua for a great OL coach.

good luck Dan!

Well fortunately there are 1,000+ streaming thru Guatemala on their way to the southern border. He'll have 100 days to do the interviews!!
200.gif

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

So you mean to tell me a clean canvas rookie QB is more of a gamble than a injury prone, last ranked QB through 3 seasons, on the last year of his rookie contract, Sam Darnold? WOW. No

We've been through this before. He's 23 yrs old . was the youngest QB ever to start in NFL history. He has had no dedicated QB coach since he's been here. When you think about that, it's mind boggling. Our new HC is the real deal. No more weirdness.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Mentioning, "there's a reason he was #3 pick in the draft" 

Mentioning, "I will speak about how we game planned for him when I was with SF" 

UmmHmm :)