2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

Mike Silver on Watson:

"He's getting traded."

"The Jets I think will poke around but I also believe they'll draft Zach Wilson and trade Sam Darnold."

"I wonder about the New England Patriots ... Nick Caserio and Bill Belichick could probably get on the phone and have some creative conversations."

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

I wonder about the New England Patriots

The AFC East would be the toughest and most talented division in the NFL. 

The NY Jets would have their work cut out for them. 

Most of us would probably never see a division title or a Super Bowl win before we die. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Mike Silver on Watson:

"He's getting traded."

"The Jets I think will poke around but I also believe they'll draft Zach Wilson and trade Sam Darnold."

"I wonder about the New England Patriots ... Nick Caserio and Bill Belichick could probably get on the phone and have some creative conversations."

image.png.ba2fdf2184d660a9d7c5b9f6462f3c81.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Mike Silver on Watson:

"He's getting traded."

How in the world can you talk to your old team and make them a Super Bowl contender? Fans would run them out of town so fast. Hope DeShaun says fuk no to the Patriots. 

Just now, Cbucco19 said:

Bob Wischusen who is pro Darnold says he is hearing some people like Sam but don’t love him !!! He says most likely they will be drafting a QB :)

IF Sam Darnold was decent imagine the possibilities with that #2 pick we could draft a damn good superstar  player. 

• Sympathy 1

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is “Plan A, B and C” for the Panthers, according to Joe Person of The Athletic (on Twitter). So far, the Texans have been unwilling to budge and the Panthers have been noticeably quiet in the early stages of the offseason. That could all change soon if owner David Tepper gets his man.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Has there been even one credible source to suggest the Jets are even interested in watson at all?

I think the credible sources that have referred to the Jets interest have described it along the lines of “Douglas will inquire...but...ultimately won’t end up with him.”

Which seems about right.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Lets just trade the whole damn team away why don't we, all draft picks for the next 2 years and have Watson play offense and defense.  

Agreed.  I don’t care how good of a QB you are if you have nothing around you you aren’t going anywhere.  Look at the Texans this past season with Watson.  Why not just draft a QB then use all the extra picks to build around him seems like a better plan

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Mike Silver on Watson:

"He's getting traded."

Nobody knows anything about where he will go or what teams are willing to give up for him there just throwing sh1t against the wall

I doubt Silver knows exactly what the Jets are thinking 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, bitonti said:

not that people should care what I think but these are frugal and good (young) signings 

they were never going to get an Arob or a Thuney i've said this for months

they won't spend all the way to the cap... maybe one day when they are ready for a super bowl

the Johnsons do a dance with the cap floor not the cap ceiling 

Corey Davis and Carl Lawson is a Best case for this franchise, what's good about them and Jarrad Davis too is age they are all going to be 26 this season.  Between those three signings they likely filled WR, DE and OLB starting positions

there's not going to be a Watson or a Zach Ertz deal 

this team is focused on installing a new system, switching to a 4-3 it's not really a contending situation as much as Jets fans like to pretend. 

what this is really about is fans having high expectations 

if Zach Wilson and Justin Fields require 80 million dollars of offensive FA to survive the season they are better off going with the crash test dummies 

#morgantruther 

No team spends to the cap.  All leave a cushion.  I posted the numbers for you last month or so.  The Jets were no where near the cap floor.  No team was.  Nor will any be....  ever.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is “Plan A, B and C” for the Panthers, according to Joe Person of The Athletic (on Twitter). So far, the Texans have been unwilling to budge and the Panthers have been noticeably quiet in the early stages of the offseason. That could all change soon if owner David Tepper gets his man.

Lol Panthers ready to risk it all. 
Theyre def gonna offer all their draft picks for next 3 years. 

Just now, Dcat said:

No team spends to the cap.  All leave a cushion.  I posted the numbers for you last month or so.  The Jets were no where near the cap floor.  No team was.  Nor will any be....  ever.

So the NY Jets being $50 million dollars under is acceptable for a 2-14 team. 

• Post of the Week 1