2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

16 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

There are actually a lot of good WRs in the NFL right now and more on the way.  Just because the Jets have been underwhelming at the position doesn't mean there's a lack of talent.  Many teams have had WR3's better than the Jets WR1 last year.

With lots of FAs still out there, a big number of impactful WRs who just came into the league in the 2020 Draft, and a loaded class again this year I don't think many teams are itching to sign older guys for $10+M per season.

The Jets might get a real steal at WR as this week moves on, and say goodbye to Crowder (sadly).

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

This is what happens when you're f*cked for Cap Space like the Rams are I think.

A 2023 7th rounder for a pretty good player.  The Lions are taking his salary so that the Rams can free up space.  The Cap hit for releasing Brockers would have been pretty bad for the Rams.  They found a taker.

23 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’d rather just draft Wilson if we are going in a different direction.  I’m not keen on giving up a ton of firsts 

Couldn't agree more.  This team needs a lot of players and needs the extra money provided by playing a QB on a rookie contract.  And even though the new allegations against Watson could prove to be BS, imagine trading all that capital and then finding out that the NFL suspends him for six games or a season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Fixed for you Paradis!

the whole "be patient" thing is bullsh*t.... but contrary to millennial-pop-cultural, that doesn't mean be foolishly aggressive... Like most things in life - there's this sweet spot called being prudently assertive.

This isn't like waiting for microwaves to go on sale at Walmart. There's a psychological component not much different then when realtors want to move on offers. Agents come from the same cloth. You wait around for this or that.. you miss out - end of story

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

The way this WR market is shaping up, I think the Jets have to release crowder. No way he gets 11 mill per on the open market right?

We've got the cap room and he will be a great help to a rookie QB.  Maybe try to restructure him?  He's been pretty much our best offensive player.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I’m hoping Douglas was right on this one. The contract and APY is solid (which Douglas uses as his primary buy or sell point), and the guarantees indicate that he feels really good about the player. 

There’s a lot to like about Davis. Young, team player, looks the part, clearly talented, has the attributes of a No. 1 receiver... I just wonder how the Jets plan to maximize the production of both he and Mims

This was my question as well as you would think that they both are viewed for similar roles in the offense.  It makes me wonder if we will see a passing game more reminiscent of what youre seeing in GB where they have multiple bigger WR's that can work the middle and deep parts of the field, rather than SF which is more movement and YAC based.  

Everything I had heard is it would be modelled after SF but this may be an indication of a shift in thinking towards the passing game. 

8 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

This was my question as well as you would think that they both are viewed for similar roles in the offense.  It makes me wonder if we will see a passing game more reminiscent of what youre seeing in GB where they have multiple bigger WR's that can work the middle and deep parts of the field, rather than SF which is more movement and YAC based.  

Everything I had heard is it would be modelled after SF but this may be an indication of a shift in thinking towards the passing game. 

I hit on this yesterday - but I think you two are looking at this too rigidly - and being a Jets fan, you’re not used to having nice things/options. 

firstly it’s smart to hedge your bets and have more than one player that can play the perimeter. Most teams do this, we’re just not used to it here. Secondly both are capable of playing split ends and flanker in traditional two wide receiver sets. Denzel did a lot more then I think you guys are aware of at Baylor. He wasn’t strictly a corner and post guy

• Upvote 1

Are the Jets going to spend too little money?

Would the Jets trade for Watson now?  

JD's strategy does not work unless he drafts better than he did last year.  

Someone disposable needs to play QB in 2021, because the Jets cannot do to a rookie QB what the Bengals did to Burrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Are the Jets going to spend too little money?

Would the Jets trade for Watson now?  

JD's strategy does not work unless he drafts better than he did last year.  

Someone disposable needs to play QB in 2021, because the Jets cannot do to a rookie QB what the Bengals did to Burrow. 

No strategy works if you don't draft well. 

• Upvote 2