Trade Scenario That Gets the Jets Russell Wilson

PepPep

We just witnessed a 43 year old QB win a super bowl and we’re complaining about Wilson’s age? Lmao 

Jets fans are on crack. They’re like the fat girls with absolutely zero personality yet they’re more picky than anyone else. It’s ridiculous. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

I really hope Joe Douglas is just laughing down the phone and then hanging up whenever anyone suggests giving up multiple picks, for anyone, when the No 2 overall is in play....I really hope he’s saying to people that as far as he’s concerned that pick is worth 3 first rounders to him because he absolutely adores...not loves...but ADORES the top 2 QB’s in this draft and frankly he also loves Sam too so if anyone wants to prize that No 2 pick from us they are going to have to be the ones ponying up a heist of players and picks, not the other way around.....we’re talking your FQB, your draft picks, your wife, daughters and possibly a couple of lower level limbs (conditional on Darnold starting 16 games). Royally sick of everyone chucking the No 2 overall pick around like it’s a late first or early second rounder!....we suffered damn hard for that pick, that’s years of ineptitude right there.....anyone wants that No 2 they are bending over for us, not the other way around

Douglas is keeping everyone guessing. He's already made a decision on who he'll go with next year. Watson threw a little wrench into it. Its obvious though the Texan's will hold on too him until they feel they have no other choice but to trade him. Probably after the season starts.

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

We just witnessed a 43 year old QB win a super bowl and we’re complaining about Wilson’s age? Lmao 

Jets fans are on crack. They’re like the fat girls with absolutely zero personality yet they’re more picky than anyone else. It’s ridiculous. 

Would Brady being on the Jets have brought us to the SB? Brady would be 46 when we’d be ready to compete. Russell Wilson would fare better due to his mobility but he’ll be 34 by the time we’re ready to start competing. Watson will be 27/28 when we are ready to compete. Big difference 

1 hour ago, genot said:

Douglas is keeping everyone guessing. He's already made a decision on who he'll go with next year. Watson threw a little wrench into it. Its obvious though the Texan's will hold on too him until they feel they have no other choice but to trade him. Probably after the season starts.

You may well be right, who knows?......the thing is, the Texans are the team with a problem, they have a disgruntled star player and are in all sorts of turmoil, sure he’s a desirable asset and there will be lots of interest but with Watson having the no-trade clause their options are limited....we hold by far the best cards, play it cool and make it come to you......anything else is Maccagnan level ‘shiny-syndrome’ panic and totally goes against the train of JD’s insistence on following a plan built around sustainable success built largely through the draft 
just my opinion 

1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

You may well be right, who knows?......the thing is, the Texans are the team with a problem, they have a disgruntled star player and are in all sorts of turmoil, sure he’s a desirable asset and there will be lots of interest but with Watson having the no-trade clause their options are limited....we hold by far the best cards, play it cool and make it come to you......anything else is Maccagnan level ‘shiny-syndrome’ panic and totally goes against the train of JD’s insistence on following a plan built around sustainable success built largely through the draft 
just my opinion 

I agree with you about Douglas, and his approach. I doubt, he would be willing to expend that much draft capital for any player. That 2nd pick to me is off limits until draft day. It allows him too work out a deal with any team looking for a QB, and not only get more picks, but perhaps a olayer they might covet that fit's our new defensive scheme.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, genot said:

I agree with you about Douglas, and his approach. I doubt, he would be willing to expend that much draft capital for any player. That 2nd pick to me is off limits until draft day. It allows him too work out a deal with any team looking for a QB, and not only get more picks, but perhaps a olayer they might covet that fit's our new defensive scheme.

Agreed, that No 2 pick is just so valuable and we have options. If we are trading that pick for a player then any team thinking they are getting 3 draft picks will need to get them elsewhere or accept that theNo 2 IS the 3 draft picks, or 2 at the very least depending how the rest of any compensation in the deal. Bottom line we have worked hard for that 2nd overall pick ?there needs to be a haul off that back of it  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Agreed, that No 2 pick is just so valuable and we have options. If we are trading that pick for a player then any team thinking they are getting 3 draft picks will need to get them elsewhere or accept that theNo 2 IS the 3 draft picks, or 2 at the very least depending how the rest of any compensation in the deal. Bottom line we have worked hard for that 2nd overall pick ?there needs to be a haul off that back of it  

All of these trade proposals seem off base to me because people can't seem to grasp the concept that all 1st round picks aren't equal.  That number 2 pick is worth about 3 mid to late firsts especially when a QB is involved.  Anything more then the 2nd pick and 2 more for Watson should be off the table.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Would Brady being on the Jets have brought us to the SB? Brady would be 46 when we’d be ready to compete. Russell Wilson would fare better due to his mobility but he’ll be 34 by the time we’re ready to start competing. Watson will be 27/28 when we are ready to compete. Big difference 

I’m not disagreeing with you but having to choose between Watson and Wilson is a great problem. We should be thankful for either of those QBs. 

Wilson is not known for being a pocket passer because you constantly see him running for his life. Protect him and he would only run when he has to. 

We haven’t had a QB in 50 years. A 32 year old Wilson will be the greatest thing to ever happened to this franchise. 

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Posted by @K_O_Brien in another thread 

EuCtu9gU0AElTuE.png

Been meaning to say this since it broke, what an utter half-ass way to put this info out.

No info on WHO is giving up all those #1 and 2nd Round Picks.  

From this chart, I can presume we only give up Darnold, and that the 49'er are giving up 5x 1st rounders and a 2nd. 

After all, the god damn chart doesn't tell me.

/endrantingandraving

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Been meaning to say this since it broke, what an utter half-ass way to put this info out.

No info on WHO is giving up all those #1 and 2nd Round Picks.  

From this chart, I can presume we only give up Darnold, and that the 49'er are giving up 5x 1st rounders and a 2nd. 

After all, the god damn chart doesn't tell me.

/endrantingandraving

9 minutes ago, kelly said:

tenor.gif

@K_O_Brien  posted this in another thread I only copied and pasted dudes/dudettes. 

Don't shoot the messenger. 

On 2/13/2021 at 4:11 PM, nycdan said:

So...we trade Darnold, three 1st rounders and one 2nd rounder.  And end up with Russell Wilson.

Yeah.  That's logical.

I guess they think that Joe Douglas is stupid, since he took the Jets job.  He will just sell away our best chance for the best receiver in the draft, our 23rd pick, any chance of getting a blue-chip player for next year, and a second round pick, all for a 32 year old QB that Seattle no longer wants on their team.

Part of the reason Watson is so appealing is that he's an elite, top 5 type of QB -- and he's only 25 years old. That's a huge factor in why you go all in to make it happen.

Russell Wilson is great, and has several more good years in him -- but I don't think you can justify that type of haul for a guy who is 32. Forget Brady, the guy is an anomoly -- Wilson has been, what, the most sacked QB in the NFL over the last several years? You probably have him for 6 or 7 years and we're probably at least two away from really competing for anything.