Thoughts on UDFA LB Milo Eifler....

I'm with you, I really like this guy he can lay the lumber!!  Is there anyone else at Middle LB besides Mosely?  I know from what I have read Saleh is planning on moving some Safeties like Sherwood and Hamsah to LB...what about Brendon White??  Is he more of a Safety or MIKE???

• Upvote 1

Hits hard but not enough film to determine his lateral pursuit.  I doubt he would be a MLB in 

the defense with Mosley & Davis already there so he would have to be a OLB.  And in this

defense he'll have to be able to go sideline to sideline

• Upvote 2

On 5/20/2021 at 10:47 AM, kdels62 said:

56800DBE-8E3A-4A8B-9565-11D758A90EEA.thumb.png.b12afcf70ee5c3aba9351ac7262e8e07.png
Not great laterally but explosive and fast. Fits with what I’ve seen on YouTube. I think he projects as a SAM, his athleticism doesn’t seem to work with a Mike or Will.

I have not actually watched this kid at all, so take what I say with a grain of salt... 

Some Chiefs review says:

Eifler's physicality projects well as a SAM, although his athleticism makes him more of a WILL right now. He's a perfect developmental linebacker — a ball of clay that defensive coordinators can mold into whatever they want.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/draft/kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-draft-scouting-report-illinois-linebacker-milo-eifler

FWIW, I saw him listed as 34" arms, but you show sub-33". This stuff was always sketchy, but in 2020-2021 it's even worse.

43 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

56800DBE-8E3A-4A8B-9565-11D758A90EEA.thumb.png.b12afcf70ee5c3aba9351ac7262e8e07.png
Not great laterally but explosive and fast. Fits with what I’ve seen on YouTube. I think he projects as a SAM, his athleticism doesn’t seem to work with a Mike or Will.

Yet another entry in the “This UDFA LB had better Combine metrics than Jamal Adams, who went sixth overall” genre.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Did Carlos Santana write a song about you?

Cliff Richard...

She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you from behind
Stay away, look out

If you're out on a moonlit night
Be careful of them neighborhood strays
Of a lady with long black hair
Tryin' to win you with her feminine ways

Crystal ball on the table
Showing the future, the past
Same cat with them evil eyes
You'd better get out of there fast

She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Cliff Richard...

She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you from behind
Stay away, look out

If you're out on a moonlit night
Be careful of them neighborhood strays
Of a lady with long black hair
Tryin' to win you with her feminine ways

Crystal ball on the table
Showing the future, the past
Same cat with them evil eyes
You'd better get out of there fast

She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you

???

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yet another entry in the “This UDFA LB had better Combine metrics than Jamal Adams, who went sixth overall” genre.

This is this guys problem isnt metrics, its he just doesn't make plays while Adams, like him or not, plays all out.  Regardless of his dificiancies 

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is this guys problem isnt metrics, its he just doesn't make plays while Adams, like him or not, plays all out.  Regardless of his dificiancies 

Some of the things Jets fans still say about Adams is absurd. Was he over-drafted, sure. Was it the right move to trade him for the haul JD got, yes. Would the Jets love to have him back on the team right now. Absolutely. He would fit just fine on this defense and be monster at the SS/LB position. Assuming Maye stays at FS, no UDFA or current safety on the team would come close to the numbers Adams would put up at the SS position. Any comparison is absurd. Adams is in a different stratosphere. 

• Post of the Week 1

Sadly not many Illinois games to watch him in full but aside from the punishing hits, what jumped out at me was him over-pursuing guys and missing opportunities to make plays in the backfield.  Not quite as bad as but in the ballpark of Aaron Maybin.

That being said, has a good shot as a special teamer who can work on getting better.  Seems like the type of guy Saleh would like to have around as a tone setter if he cleans things up.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, PepPep said:

Some of the things Jets fans still say about Adams is absurd. Was he over-drafted, sure. Was it the right move to trade him for the haul JD got, yes. Would the Jets love to have him back on the team right now. Absolutely. He would fit just fine on this defense and be monster at the SS/LB position. Assuming Maye stays at FS, no UDFA or current safety on the team would come close to the numbers Adams would put up at the SS position. Any comparison is absurd. Adams is in a different stratosphere. 

And so would his soon to be bloated contract that will set the Seahawks way back. Not worth the Benji’s.

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2021 at 12:12 AM, PepPep said:

He's a WLB who can't cover anybody, only gets empty sacks, and gets hurt constantly when forced to be a pass rusher because he's undersized.  He's not in any different "stratosphere".  At his best in NY, he was a slightly rich man's Joe Schobert.  Meanwhile, it's like you didn't pay attention to his play in Seattle at all last year, where his play took a severe downturn from even that.

Does he have use to any team, including ours?  Yes.  But what is the pricetag for such a skill set, and a guy who even now is hurt and is pushing back his current team's decision to pay him entering a contract year?  I'd give up a 3rd round pick at most for his services.  How do you value him?

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2021 at 9:54 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

He's a WLB who can't cover anybody, only gets empty sacks, and gets hurt constantly when forced to be a pass rusher because he's undersized.  He's not in any different "stratosphere".  At his best in NY, he was a slightly rich man's Joe Schobert.  Meanwhile, it's like you didn't pay attention to his play in Seattle at all last year, where his play took a severe downturn from even that.

Does he have use to any team, including ours?  Yes.  But what is the pricetag for such a skill set, and a guy who even now is hurt and is pushing back his current team's decision to pay him entering a contract year?  I'd give up a 3rd round pick at most for his services.  How do you value him?

Thats the thing. I dont value him THAT highly. The Hawks got completely fleeced with what they gave up for him. But Jet fans are comparing him to UDFAs like this guy Milo. Its not even close. I'm not talking about contract, that has nothing to do with it. In the end, Jamal will get paid based on what team decides his value is to them and based on market value. He won't be getting the massive contract he was asking for when a Jet. Is he great in coverage, no. Is he awful in coverage, no. He's a box SS who's superb at reading and reacting, superb against the run, versatile in that he can play some coverage, be a very effective blitzer and in general be a really smart defensive player who you can use in a variety of ways. Take that for what you will as far as value. If I was the Jets would I trade a 3rd rounder for him? No. I don't want to have to get in another contract dispute with him and the Jets already have a bunch of safeties/LBs on the roster. But if he was cut and looking for a home, I'd at least sniff around to see what the price tag was, DESPITE having a bunch of safeties/LBs on the roster. If I was a competitive/win now team in need of a SS who plays at the line of scrimmage, yes, I would give up a 3rd rounder and more for Jamal.