Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh drafted us the (Defensive) steal of 2021's draft class.

That interview (above) was post ACL injury. This kid is humble. He's hungry. Determined. He's focused. And he craves the game of Football. He's fearless on the field; and has already been through a lot (I'm so happy to have him as a Jet). 

image.png.a52241f184337dcc21a1a0190dc45b5a.png

As an FSU fan I absolutely loved this kid while a Seminole and I promise you JetNation (right here-right now); you're going to absolutely love Hamsah Nasirildeen. 

(as a Queens native, I call him 'Nas'). 

He's one of my top 10 favorite FSU Defensive Players of All-Time because of the excitement level that he plays with on the field and @ 6'4 215-220lbs he's an absolute freak of nature out there (you'll see). 

So much so that immediately after trading away #33 Jamal Adams, as a Jets fan; I immediately began to scream the name... "Hamsah". 

He plays with an extreme and I mean an extremely physical style of play, has top notch ball skills, plays with a super high I.Q, posseses rare versatility and is without question a born leader (by example). 

Most FSU players historically speaking are born and raised in Florida (sometimes Georgia) but it's very rare to send our scouts out to the Carolina's and actually walk away with an impact recruit however with Nas, this kid was different; an NC product. 

To understand my excitement, just know that...

He was even more of an absolute tackling machine for FSU, than Jamal Adams was for LSU (imagine that). 

Jamal played 36 games for LSU and recorded 209 tackles (128 solo).

5.8 tackles per game. 

Career high season(s) of 67 and 76 tackles. 

Top 5 single game cares high's of 10, 10, 11, 11 and 13 tackles. 

Vs...

• Nas played 35 games for FSU and recorded 233 tackles (139 solo).

6.6 tackles per game.

Career high seasons of 91 and 101 tackles. 

Top 5 single game career high's of 12, 15, 17 and 22 tackles. 

✓ That's the type of prospect we're receiving; He's an absolute animal out there. 

And yes, I'm (now) thankful he fell to us within the 6th round (miracle) but it still pisses me off to this day that he suffered an ACL injury because if not he was a guaranteed 1st/2nd round pick; just like the likes of Jaylen Ramsey, Derwin James, Xavier Rhodes, Lamarcus Joyner (2nd round 41st overall), Ronald Darby, Patrick Robinson, Antonio Cromartie and Bryant McFadden (2nd Rd) were, who've all recently came into the league before him etc along with 2021's Asante Samuel, Jr (who just went 47th overall).

Hamsah Nasirildeen is that type of FSU Defensive Backfield, talent.

(PS: I disagree with how he's currently being labeled an "LB" because imo he's going to fly all around the football field - as Jamal Adams once did for us). 

He'll be an NFL & Jets household name before you know it!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 6

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Is there anybody you DONT have an over exaggerated hard on for?

I'm a longtime FSU fan (since age 15 over 20 years) and I have the same type of "hard on" for Nas as I once did for Dalvin Cook (if only Maccagnan would've listened to DWC as I was pounding the table for my #4!). 

???

But to answer your question there's a good 20 players who I'm really looking forward to watching play this year and Nas is without question one of them. 

PS: It's pretty cool when your GM actually drafts the player who you were talking about literally months before ever being drafted... Ever tried it? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm a longtime FSU fan (since age 15 over 20 years) and I have the same type of "hard on" for Nas as I once did for Dalvin Cook (if only Maccagnan would've listened to DWC as I was pounding the table for my #4!). 

???

But to answer your question there's a good 20 players who I'm really looking forward to watching play this year and Nas is without question one of them. 

Just busting those balls brother. I truly do appreciate your enthusiasm... even though I still blame you for jinxing our Trevor Lawrence dream ?.

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Just busting those balls brother. I truly do appreciate your enthusiasm... even though I still blame you for jinxing our Trevor Lawrence dream ?.

I guess everyone (at least 99.9% of us) on JN is considered a Jinx. 

Because we've posted here for so long. But yet. Our favorite team hasn't won a SB since 1968-1969. 

???

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I hope I am not getting too far ahead of myself but I am super excited about this player and others that we have drafted and signed . Like a kid in a candy store.

He was the best value pick on day three by a mile.  He had a solid third round grade despite the injury.  He fell to the sixth due to the injury which left teams unable to judge his health.  He was also hurt by the lack of a combine and shrine game.  A lot of the underclassmen - who do not get senior bowl invites - make their bones during shrine week.  Like the senior bowl, it is an entire week of practice leading up to the game.  Every year players emerge as NFL prospects when scouts are able to see them practice against other top talent.  This year it was Quinn Meinerz who came out of nowhere to go in the third. 

I love his length and long strider speed.  While Ourlads was unsure of which position best suited him (Safety or WILL), they were sure his skills translated well to the pros.  I expect him to carve out a role in the defense even if he is unable to beat out Sherwood for the job at WILL.  Along with right guard, It is the biggest battle for a starting job on the Jets this season.   While there are many battles for roster spots, this one is for the JOB.  Sherwood is more rugged and more of a finished product with better technique that keeps the blocker's hands off him.  Nasirildeen has much better speed and is coming off the injury.   It will be an all-out-war.  Here's looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

He was the best value pick on day three by a mile.  He had a solid third round grade despite the injury.  He fell to the sixth due to the injury which left teams unable to judge his health.  He was also hurt by the lack of a combine and shrine game.  A lot of the underclassmen - who do not get senior bowl invites - make their bones during shrine week.  Like the senior bowl, it is an entire week of practice leading up to the game.  Every year players emerge as NFL prospects when scouts are able to see them practice against other top talent.  This year it was Quinn Meinerz who came out of nowhere to go in the third. 

I love his length and long strider speed.  While Ourlads was unsure of which position best suited him (Safety or WILL), they were sure his skills translated well to the pros.  I expect him to carve out a role in the defense even if he is unable to beat out Sherwood for the job at WILL.  Along with right guard, It is the biggest battle for a starting job on the Jets this season.   While there are many battles for roster spots, this one is for the JOB.  Sherwood is more rugged and more of a finished product with better technique that keeps the blocker's hands off him.  Nasirildeen has much better speed and is coming off the injury.   It will be an all-out-war.  Here's looking forward to it.

Nasirildeen was at the senior bowl. He did not have good senior bowl practices. It hurt his stock and so then he had a bad pro day and that’s why he fell.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Nasirildeen was at the senior bowl. He did not have a good senior bowl. It hurt his stock and so then he had a bad pro day and that’s why he fell.  

His ACL injury was the only reason he EVER dropped out of the 1st round. 

All GMs feared his injury come draft day; only Joe Douglas had the courage to (finally) pull the trigger. 

In 2020 he only played two games. And he came back not missing a single beat; against Duke he recorded 9 tackles (1 for loss) and an INT and damn do I wish I could find his game film from that game because he was down right dominant. 

We got a good one and as long as his ACL injury didn't steal his talents he'll become a great one. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Nasirildeen was at the senior bowl. He did not have good senior bowl practices. It hurt his stock and so then he had a bad pro day and that’s why he fell.  

I just checked and this is correct.  Thanks.

It is my hope that his ACL injury will be fully healed and was part of the issue.  That and his skill set is in Zone, not man to man.  The senior bowl review said as much as did Ourlads. 

57 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

His ACL injury was the only reason he EVER dropped out of the 1st round. 

All GMs feared his injury come draft day; only Joe Douglas had the courage to (finally) pull the trigger. 

In 2020 he only played two games. And he came back not missing a single beat; against Duke he recorded 9 tackles (1 for loss) and an INT and damn do I wish I could find his game film from that game because he was down right dominant. 

We got a good one and as long as his ACL injury didn't steal his talents he'll become a great one. 

I read this all the time ans while on one hand it seems like we have a steal in the 6th round but on the other hand could someone with a 1st round grade drop all the way to the 6th round with "only" an ALC injury that is recoverable? Seems like a large gap and its something more than just the injury. No? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

He’s 6’4” 215-220 lbs. While Jamal Adams is 6’1” 215 lbs. If he’s not some sort of speed demon who intends to be a Cover Safety, he’d better have a frame you can put at least 30 more lbs of muscle on if he plans on having any success as a Box Safety or LB. Football IS physics and 6’4” 220 is not the body of a player who typically succeeds in the NFL playing close to the line of scrimmage. 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Same with Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yup. Bryce Hall too. 

Bless Austin (2019 6th rounder). 

Bryce Hall (2020 5th rounder). 

Hamsah Nasirildeen (2021 6th rounder). 

Throughout back to back to back drafts we've drafted 3 100% 1st round draft talents during the later rounds (due to college injuries). 

I'm psyched for this upcoming Defense just as much I am our Offense. 

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup. Bryce Hall too. 

Throughout back to back to back drafts we've drafted 3 100% 1st round draft talents during the later rounds (due to college injuries). 

I was going to ask how much of a look does a 6th round draft pick gets in a year when we have a lot of rookies. History you site shows he’s got a shot. 

28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup. Bryce Hall too. 

All 3 were there due to having injuries... they were all projected higher... Hopefully they all heal well & don't have any nagging/recurring injuries & perform exceptionally well for the Jets & exceed their non-injury projections. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Dupe said:

I was going to ask how much of a look does a 6th round draft pick gets in a year when we have a lot of rookies. History you site shows he’s got a shot. 

I'm hoping he's a clone of Jamal Adams 2.0 on an NFL level @ SS for us (in the Box) because if so we walked away with...

Nas + Vera-Tucker + 2022 1st round pick. 

If he's our day 1 starter he'll pull a #33 and give us an All-Rookie Team Selection. 

We're going to love this kid. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What we have here is three in the bush and none in the hand.  I like it.  If JD gets it right just 1/3 of the time and we get a starter we're gold. Or if 2/3 turn out to be long term depth then that is gold as well.  

We have what appears to be a dynamic a CS to improve JD's odds.  .      

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That interview (above) was post ACL injury. This kid is humble. He's hungry. Determined. He's focused. And he craves the game of Football. He's fearless on the field; and has already been through a lot (I'm so happy to have him as a Jet). 

image.png.a52241f184337dcc21a1a0190dc45b5a.png

As an FSU fan I absolutely loved this kid while a Seminole and I promise you JetNation (right here-right now); you're going to absolutely love Hamsah Nasirildeen. 

(as a Queens native, I call him 'Nas'). 

He's one of my top 10 favorite FSU Defensive Players of All-Time because of the excitement level that he plays with on the field and @ 6'4 215-220lbs he's an absolute freak of nature out there (you'll see). 

So much so that immediately after trading away #33 Jamal Adams, as a Jets fan; I immediately began to scream the name... "Hamsah". 

He plays with an extreme and I mean an extremely physical style of play, has top notch ball skills, plays with a super high I.Q, posseses rare versatility and is without question a born leader (by example). 

Most FSU players historically speaking are born and raised in Florida (sometimes Georgia) but it's very rare to send our scouts out to the Carolina's and actually walk away with an impact recruit however with Nas, this kid was different; an NC product. 

To understand my excitement, just know that...

He was even more of an absolute tackling machine for FSU, than Jamal Adams was for LSU (imagine that). 

Jamal played 36 games for LSU and recorded 209 tackles (128 solo).

5.8 tackles per game. 

Career high season(s) of 67 and 76 tackles. 

Top 5 single game cares high's of 10, 10, 11, 11 and 13 tackles. 

Vs...

• Nas played 35 games for FSU and recorded 233 tackles (139 solo).

6.6 tackles per game.

Career high seasons of 91 and 101 tackles. 

Top 5 single game career high's of 12, 15, 17 and 22 tackles. 

✓ That's the type of prospect we're receiving; He's an absolute animal out there. 

And yes, I'm (now) thankful he fell to us within the 6th round (miracle) but it still pisses me off to this day that he suffered an ACL injury because if not he was a guaranteed 1st/2nd round pick; just like the likes of Jaylen Ramsey, Derwin James, Xavier Rhodes, Lamarcus Joyner (2nd round 41st overall), Ronald Darby, Patrick Robinson, Antonio Cromartie and Bryant McFadden (2nd Rd) were, who've all recently came into the league before him etc along with 2021's Asante Samuel, Jr (who just went 47th overall).

Hamsah Nasirildeen is that type of FSU Defensive Backfield, talent.

(PS: I disagree with how he's currently being labeled an "LB" because imo he's going to fly all around the football field - as Jamal Adams once did for us). 

He'll be an NFL & Jets household name before you know it!

6thbrounder? Hard to believe he is the second coming

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Good call. Kid’s gonna be a player. But you could make a devout Irish-Catholic grandmother root against the Pope. 

1186562718.jpeg

I'm sorry you feel that way and my best advice for you is to put me on ignore moving forward in order for you to not root against this kid (because I'm not going to stop raving about him). 

And that's because I've been watching FSU football for 21 years now (since 15 years old when I went to my 1st FSU game in Florida and became hooked) and he's by far my favorite FSU Defensive Player of All-Time and not only because his 192 combined tackles during 2018/2019 were unreal but also because he's the most physical FSU Defensive Player of All-Time.

His leadership ability is 2nd to none and his character is A+ (better person than football player). 

I craved for this kid to become a future Jet (so bad) to the point of immediately after trading away Jamal Adams JN began to see words 'Hamsah Nasirildeen' around here and that's because I was begging for him (due to being 2x the tackling machine Jamal Adams was while coming out of LSU) to become a future Jet (as I was Elijah Moore back in December of 2020 too).

zc7mmimiej3le8noxrvy

He's going to record over 100+ tackles as a ROOKIE here in 2021 and that's because 5.8 tackles per game is absolutely nothingness to him.

(and his game changing forced fumble inside the red zone was only a sign of things to come because he hits like a Mack Truck and now playing at OLB within a 4-3 and closer to both the L.O.S and ? and alongside of C.J. Mosley @ MLB too? Forget about it).