Morgan Moses visits Jets

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but isn’t the point to zone blocking quick having quicker athletic lineman. Now off course I’m a mass man myself but that’s what I hear about zone blocking, 

Honestly, I have no idea if Moses fits the system.  I do assume that if they brought him in for a sit down (Italian mafia inference) that he fits the system. 

Or Im wrong.  Again

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like the line as presently constructed.  Obviously we could upgrade at RG but that will be done in round 1 of next years draft.

Fact that they let him out of the building to talk to other teams tells me the interesting isnt huge and he will probably play elsewhere.

?? I think it’s a bit premature to already declare who our first round pick next year will be LOL 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Fact that they let him out of the building to talk to other teams tells me the interesting isnt huge and he will probably play elsewhere.

Or Moses wants to hear what others are offering before signing with a team

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like the line as presently constructed.  Obviously we could upgrade at RG but that will be done in round 1 of next years draft.

I don’t see the Jets using a first round pick to upgrade RG next year. Sure, they have four picks in the first two rounds and I expect one of them to be used on the Oline, but probably a center or maybe RT. You should be able to find a talented RG in a later round. It is arguably the least premium position of all 11 guys on offense. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No way in hell should we draft a RG in the 1st round next year.

We’ve already invested 1st round picks in the OL in back to back drafts.

Jets fans have allowed Macc’s neglect of the OL to make them think we have to totally overcompensate and build some kind of super unit.

EDGE, CB, TE, and LB are all bigger priorities over RG. Hell, I’d add WR to the mix as well if Crowder and Cole leave and Mims fails to make a big jump this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No way in hell should we draft a RG in the 1st round next year.

We’ve already invested 1st round picks in the OL in back to back drafts.

Jets fans have allowed Macc’s neglect of the OL to make them think we have to totally overcompensate and build some kind of super unit.

EDGE, CB, TE, and LB are all bigger priorities over RG. Hell, I’d add WR to the mix as well if Crowder and Cole leave and Mims fails to make a big jump this year.

If u dont think the jets r addressing the right side of the line in rnd 1 of the draft, i dont know what to tell you.

Its a 100% certainty.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If u dont think the jets r addressing the right side of the line in rnd 1 of the draft, i dont know what to tell you.

Its a 100% certainty.

If they fall in love with a center like Linderbaum, who is a picture perfect fit for the wide zone scheme, then maybe he’s a possibility with the latter 1st rounder.

But they sure as hell aren’t drafting a RG on Day 1.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but isn’t the point to zone blocking quick having quicker athletic lineman. Now off course I’m a mass man myself but that’s what I hear about zone blocking, 

Becton, as soon as he heard we hired a zone blocking coaching staff:

sweating key and peele GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If they fall in love with a center like Linderbaum, who is a picture perfect fit for the wide zone scheme, then maybe he’s a possibility with the latter 1st rounder.

But they sure as hell aren’t drafting a RG on Day 1.

Exactly.  Why MUST it be a RG?  If McGovern is better at G than at C I would think it would make more sense to take a C.  

Douglas loves versatility on the line so adding a guy like Moses, who apparently could handle G or RT duties, makes perfect sense.  After all, you can't count on all 5 of your starting OL staying healthy for a full season.  There's no need to wait until the 2022 offseason to add more OL.

• Upvote 1