Anybody ever go to training camp?

It's a lot of fun but you do need to get tickets as its not unlimited, and with (potential) restrictions there may be fewer tickets available this year.  Season ticket holders get priority as do PSL owners who get perks like VIP access, lunches, meet and greets, etc.  Player interaction is very limited, they don't stay long for autographs, it's not organized in that manner, you need to know where to stand.

The Jets will email and Tweet when the time comes; be on the lookout and sign up as soon as allowed.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

When it was at Hofstra i use to go every season. It was open to the public and no ticket purchases. If you stood near where the players would exit the field, you could get autographs  but usually  from a second or third string guy. The players I have met were much more approachable in public than a team setting. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If anyone has any extra passes for training camp they are not using please  PM me I would like to attend. 

A great person and poster helped me out the last time camp was open to the public. 

THANK YOU 

If they cannot attend, PSL Holders should give them to other PSL holders, and season ticket holders should give them to other season ticket holders.   

Do NOT encourage non-paying fans to dream of attending.  These events are not for them. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If they cannot attend, PSL Holders should give them to other PSL holders, and season ticket holders should give them to other season ticket holders.   

Do NOT encourage non-paying fans to dream of attending.  These events are not for them. 

SAR I

@SAR I

SHUT UP 

Are you going to sell yours on StubHub like you do game tickets. 

I paid in the 20+ years I had season tickets at Giants stadium. (never sold a game) 

joewilly12

• Sympathy 1

I went to Bears training camp as a kid several times.  Was always fun, especially as a kid.  

Random memory.  There was always this "odd" dude there.  Name was Rambo.  Had a custom made Bears Jersey with Rambo on the back.  #1.  Wore that jersey and bears Zubaz pants.  Big black sunglasses and a Walter Payton "Sweetness" headband.  He would heckle Dave Wanstead a lot.  He'd shout cadence all day.  Red 33, Green 18 etc etc.  He'd throw passes to himself.

One time this somewhat elderly lady fell down this small side hill and Rambo helps pick her up and says "Now go out for a 90 yard bomb".  For real.  I was probably around 10 years old at the time.  I will never forget that.  Or Rambo.  And subsequently Bears training camps in Platville, Wisconsin.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I went to Cortland when Rex took them to the boonies. It was fun and you’d even see some players in the restaurants at night as the town was real small. Ive also been to Hofstra and Florham Park. It’s always fun to see the players up close and they usually sign autographs. It’s a good experience for the kids. My son has a football signed by Chrebet and Pennington from one of Chad’s last practices before being released when they got Favre. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

When it was at Hofstra i use to go every season. It was open to the public and no ticket purchases. If you stood near where the players would exit the field, you could get autographs  but usually  from a second or third string guy. The players I have met were much more approachable in public than a team setting. 

Went a few times at Hofstra myself it was a great experience just good vibes all around cool to see the players up close 

Looks like it’s back open to the public this year. Has anyone ever gone? How is it? Easy to meet players/get autographs? Do you need to buy tickets?
Used to be amazing before the masses started attending and the team saw an opportunity for publicity and monetization. (Jets shop etc)

That being said ... even now it's an outstanding opportunity to sit closer to the player and relax and watch practice... if you get lucky the action isn't taking place a mile from the sideline.

That being said.. I miss the days of hanging at Hofstra with all but 12 other people.and chatting casually with ronnie lott and the old guard with no organized autograph lineup.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I

SHUT UP 

Are you going to sell yours on StubHub like you do game tickets. 

I paid in the 20+ years I had season tickets at Giants stadium. (never sold a game) 

joewilly12

PAY UP 

It's been 20 years since you had season tickets in Giants Stadium!  It doesn't count any more!  You haven't spent a dime on a Jets game in this century!

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

PAY UP 

It's been 20 years since you had season tickets in Giants Stadium!  It doesn't count any more!  You haven't spent a dime on a Jets game in this century!

SAR I

Thats a lie. 

I have purchased many single game tickets throughout the years at MetLife. 

See you at training camp. 

Thats if you even go too hot, too long of a drive, the scheduled time doesn't fit in your busy schedule, you have a previous engagement. 

joewilly12 

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This went way up the I am a privileged piece of ? meter. People like myself can afford to but season ticlets and pay for a PSL. I choose not to because i don't  have time to go to the games. The few times I do I normally have to clear that Sunday so i can.

Give tickets ,parking passes, or any other Jet related things to anyone you want to. This thing about only getting them to and from other like customer is absurd because 50% of season ticket holders sell there tickets to opposing fans. I don't  think that is exaggerating.  I am always sitting in a sea of fans from other team at every game. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, GQMartin said:

Yes I’ve been every year since they started at Atlantic health.

autographs almost guaranteed. 

tickets are free now. Just look out for the dates and snag them. 

We better be getting some trainning camp reports then.  :) 

I went to camp at Hofstra years ago during the Herm Edwards years. You were able to get real close to the players over there. I remember Chester McGlockton was on the team, and I saw him up close. Biggest human being I've ever seen.

I also went to Cortland once for Rex's last season before he was fired. My first born was only six months old, and I got a great pick of her with Tommy Bohanon. Also got Geno Smith to sign her outfit. Despite both not being very good players, they seemed like really nice guys.

The last time I went to camp was at Florham Park back in 2017. Got a ball that Bryce Petty sailed over a receiver's head, and bounced right into my hands. Normally they don't allow you to keep the balls, but they let us have it because they felt bad seeing my kid holding onto it. LOL

That day at Florham Park, I also got a nice shot of us with Sheldon Richardson (another seemingly nice guy despite his rep). He was traded a few weeks later.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This thing about only getting them to and from other like customer is absurd because 50% of season ticket holders sell there tickets to opposing fans. I don't  think that is exaggerating.  I am always sitting in a sea of fans from other team at every game. 

That is not season ticket holders selling to enemy fans.  

That is an absence of season ticket holders, people like you, that are letting enemy fans buy unsold seats directly from the Jets.

What is missing is you.  Get season tickets.  Solve the enemy fan problem yourself. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Just the worst.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, you won't, because you can't have tickets.  They are for fans who are more dedicated.  They are perks for season ticket holders.

SAR I

More than likely you won't be there. 

I will  look for you though short guy glasses wearing the white tube socks dad sneakers khaki cargo shorts and a polo shirt carrying a man purse right.

joewilly12

• Haha 1

I have two great memories from Hofstra. When my son was young he waited by the slat fence for autographs. It was always a mob and not all kids got signatures. At one point as the players were starting to leave my son lept up straddling the fence and basically barked an order “SIGN THE HAT!!” and a laughing Jerald Sowell did just that.

We were also there the day Herm briefly invited Captain Jet onto the field.

Good times. I can imagine a good atmosphere at a Saleh camp.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That is not season ticket holders selling to enemy fans.  

That is an absence of season ticket holders, people like you, that are letting enemy fans buy unsold seats directly from the Jets.

What is missing is you.  Get season tickets.  Solve the enemy fan problem yourself. 

SAR I

BS. The majority of season ticket holders sell their seats to ticket to brokers at a profit who in turn sell them on stubhub to anyone who will pay for them. 

57 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

BS. The majority of season ticket holders sell their seats to ticket to brokers at a profit who in turn sell them on stubhub to anyone who will pay for them. 

I wouldn't say majority but definitely him. 

The thing is that market is dried up you can purchase single game or multiple game packages directly from the NY Jets in PSL seating areas without paying the PSL fees. 

Reduced PSL's available at https://www.pslsource.com

It was home grown and great at Hofstra. You could hangout eat your food and drink your beer out of your cooler. The players were always cool you could hear the coaches talking on the field. Those were great times!

I haven't been to the new digs but I make sure I go whenever they hold it at the Stadium across the street from Hofstra.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I’ve never been but definitely will try to get a day out there this year. I’m a season ticket holder so I guess im one of the privileged ones who get to attend ??‍♂️… lol if any of you guys go this year update this thread would love to have a beer with you while out there 

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Brokers?  What is this, 1990?

The majority of season ticket holders can't give them away let alone sell them on Stubhub.  We'd rather just eat them than be bothered to chase the $25 or whatever the Geno Smith/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Bryce Petty/Sam Darnold Jets were getting on the aftermarket.

Enemy fans buy unsold tickets from the Jets via Ticketmaster or Stubhub.  The very seats someone like you could be sitting in.  But you don't.  So they get them instead.  And then you try to blame season ticket holders like it isn't your fault.  We're not falling for it.  Show up or shut up.

SAR I