**Jets Minicamp 6/16**

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

Here's the bad news, there is still a season this year. Jets need to close that hole at TE somehow. Kroft isn't going to cut it. 

Here’s more bad news.  They aren’t going to the Super Bowl and are unlikely to have a winning season.   Let’s hope they grow into a team that just needs a few more pieces and we can challenge for a playoff spot in 2022.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Encouraging to see Zuniga's name on there.  He's made of glass but if by some miracle he can actually stay healthy, the guy is a freak who I can only imagine Saleh would love to work with to see if he can tap into that athleticism.  Not so encouraging that Mims isnt a top 5 WR on this team.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Tampa Bay ran around with bit players in Gronk, Brate, Howard. The Saints, Packers, Seahawks, Browns, Steelers, Rams all run around without good tight ends. Having a TE is nice but should usually be acquired in efficient, low cost ways.

any of the bit jags, gronk, brate and howard would instantly be the best TE on the jets.

Tonyan for Gb would disagree with you.

Our TE;s are pure awful.  You may not need pro bowlers but our guys drop almost everything, or fumble it.  Worst Te in the league most likely.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Anything about Mims that I talked about in college is his clutch factor is Everest high. Whenever Baylor needed that 3rd and 8 conversion, Mims made it happen. He’s a grinder who makes plays when you need him to. 

we weren’t really even competitive last year. I think when the lights come on, and we’re in some dog fights, Mims will hopefully show you what I saw. 

I hope so.  He was in my top 5 WR group last year.  I still believe in him but it's concerning to hear he's not even looking like a top 5 WR.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Seems like in his mind Zach is being a rookie and holding on to the ball too long except for no one else mentions it and some marvel at how quickly he makes decisions and releases the ball. If you watch any of the clips from TC the ball gets out quick

I marvel at you, johnnysd.  I marvel at you.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

What are they saying about Wilson, Tucker, Moore and Carter?

My sources are saying that they're learning the playbook and practicing Football, preparing for the season.  I hear they're really looking forward to training camp and learning from the veterans (except Wilson) and spending more time with the coaches.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

any of the bit jags, gronk, brate and howard would instantly be the best TE on the jets.

Tonyan for Gb would disagree with you.

Our TE;s are pure awful.  You may not need pro bowlers but our guys drop almost everything, or fumble it.  Worst Te in the league most likely.

Howard isn’t even as good as Herndon. Tonyan with Aaron Rodgers was a rookie Herndon. I’m not saying Herndon is good but exceptional TEs are extremely rare. 

• Upvote 1

couple of things........

has no-one noticed that not one word has been said about vera-tucker? Is he looking like the prospect everyone says he is?

is no-one going to mention just how many of those tweets the last 2 days mentioned "pass broken up by...."?

there is a lot of praise for the young db's out there, they might be better than advertised.... or.....Z-dubs is letting a lot of guys who played (are) stiffer competition get to his balls and this is how he would have looked if they played a lot of better schools during his college career.

I know, I know...it's mini camp, he is our new savior and we all must never say a bad word about the rookie qb......I was just reading some texts from Sammy boy and thought I'd share them here. 

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

couple of things........

has no-one noticed that not one word has been said about vera-tucker? Is he looking like the prospect everyone says he is?

is no-one going to mention just how many of those tweets the last 2 days mentioned "pass broken up by...."?

there is a lot of praise for the young db's out there, they might be better than advertised.... or.....Z-dubs is letting a lot of guys who played (are) stiffer competition get to his balls and this is how he would have looked if they played a lot of better schools during his college career.

I know, I know...it's mini camp, he is our new savior and we all must never say a bad word about the rookie qb......I was just reading some texts from Sammy boy and thought I'd share them here. 

Wilson is completing more passes than not. So PBUs are noteworthy

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Z-dubs is letting a lot of guys who played (are) stiffer competition get to his balls

I'm sorry.

Look around the league - tell me Tom Brady is lights out in Mini-camp.  Are his passes not getting blocked?  Has Pat Mahomes not had any passes defended?

They're not throwing for 80% completion rates.  It's football and practice football at that.  there are missed throws, int's, and good defensive plays...

ZW looks absolutely as good as the best case scenario for him so far.  Getting a pass defended has NOTHING to do with the competition he played in college. 

We really should stop with that narrative.  

By all accounts, his arm strength and quick release are every bit as good as advertised.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Tons of guys never translate to the pro game.  Looking like Mims might be one of them.

Because a rookie Covid season under Adam Gase, coming from Baylor and having injuries - he’s looking like someone who won’t translate? 

the impatience and presumptuous-ness of some of you is disgusting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm sorry.
Look around the league - tell me Tom Brady is lights out in Mini-camp.  Are his passes not getting blocked?  Has Pat Mahomes not had any passes defended?
They're not throwing for 80% completion rates.  It's football and practice football at that.  there are missed throws, int's, and good defensive plays...
ZW looks absolutely as good as the best case scenario for him so far.  Getting a pass defended has NOTHING to do with the competition he played in college. 
By all accounts, his arm strength and quick release are every bit as good as advertised.
Lol you are beyond biased...your opinion can be taken on anything or anyone other than him and be viewed as objective.

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

I'm sorry.
And relax...I'm just speculating.

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Here’s more bad news.  They aren’t going to the Super Bowl and are unlikely to have a winning season.   Let’s hope they grow into a team that just needs a few more pieces and we can challenge for a playoff spot in 2022.

This season is not about the "team success", it's about developing a ******* rookie QB. An idea some of you seem to be allergic to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I agree.  As long as he can stay healthy, I think he will be fine.  Plenty of examples on film last year of Mims getting open but not being targeted.  He needs to get and stay healthy and I expect him to have an impact.  Not necessarily a 1,000+ yard guy, but if he plays 17 games this year, 65-70 catches, 750-800 yards and 5 or so TDs seems reasonable.  I am glad that we have him and looking forward to what he can do this season. 

A couple of underwhelming days in June is not going to change my opinion.

Totally. 

because we have sucked for so long, people have become player centered, or player focused… Because it’s been about assessing who stays and who goes…

Hopefully when we start stacking some W’s, we’ll see people become less fixated on these conversations and more about position groups gelling collaboratively and such  

Lol and like everyone forgets that Mims flashed at times when QB play permitted 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'll remind you.  No worries.  I can take being wrong.  But in the case of Mims?  I don't think I am.

I need to read up one post above, where I quoted Lith and think about that some. 

It’s time we all stopped looking at the team through that lens. Too much confirmation-bias and toxic takes.