Jump to content

**Jets Minicamp 6/16**


Joe W. Namath
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is the truest assessment of the likely situation we’re in this season. Can’t fix it all in one year. 

we don’t have a long term solution at TE. Ertz, or Hayden? Please…. I don’t know Joe personally but I know that’s not his MO. 

good news: next years TE class is juicy. 

It’s literally what he has done along the OL and at WR. He’s gotten stop gaps that have held the fort until he’s been able to draft players. Traded a late round pick for Alex Lewis for example. Not sure why you think it’s not part of his MO.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It’s literally what he has done along the OL and at WR. He’s gotten stop gaps that have held the fort until he’s been able to draft players. Traded a late round pick for Alex Lewis for example. Not sure why you think it’s not part of his MO.

He doesn’t over pay for the over the hill talent (Ertz), I’m sure of the that. He also doesn’t seem likely to pay for a TE who came into the league at 27, just got a new contract and has already been traded once for being outplayed by guys drafter later… Doesn’t feel like Joe  

*try dropping “literally”… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He doesn’t over pay for the over the hill talent (Ertz), I’m sure of the that. He also doesn’t seem likely to pay for a TE who came into the league at 27, just got a new contract and hasnt already been traded once for being outplayed by guy drafter later 

*try dropping “literally”… 

I'll just leave it there. Seems like my choice of words bothered you a bit. Not my intention. So, I'll just move along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Wtf. Your keyboard is starting to write checks your reputation can’t cash. Show me the footage. Bring out the Baylor films where he consistently can’t separate. 

I’ll fcking wait. Probably grab some beers cause I’m gonna be here a while.  

Look at these highlights against UTSA, the dude is big and physical, does work at the catch point, doesn’t separate. Barely gets more than a yard unless he gets a CB to slip. That’s consistent for him and you know it. 

So far the physicality of the NFL is giving him fits and causing him physical pain. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Wtf. Your keyboard is starting to write checks your reputation can’t cash. Show me the footage. Bring out the Baylor films where he consistently can’t separate. 

I’ll fcking wait. Probably grab some beers cause I’m gonna be here a while.  

Also… rich man’s N’keal Harry

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He doesn’t over pay for the over the hill talent (Ertz), I’m sure of the that. He also doesn’t seem likely to pay for a TE who came into the league at 27, just got a new contract and has already been traded once for being outplayed by guys drafter later… Doesn’t feel like Joe  

*try dropping “literally”… 

having a rough day man? he hasnt paid anything for ertz so how is he overpaying?  Also, ertz has been steady eddy as a top 5? TE in the league until he was injured last season.  JD would know him as a person but he seems like a good guy to have in the locker room at least a good person in the community.  Lastly, I think it was the PA team rep (OL) that talked about how young this team is, they can use another "old head" in the locker room this year. Oh and our current TEs are dogwater.... I been saying before the draft, Ertz lands here eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

having a rough day man? he hasnt paid anything for ertz so how is he overpaying? 

Yes, I’m about at the end my rope (I work in health care, pandemic etc) …im tired. Just really tired. 

Ertz is a shell and won’t play for league vet min. Anything more than that is overpaying. He looked utterly finished last year. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Look at these highlights against UTSA, the dude is big and physical, does work at the catch point, doesn’t separate. Barely gets more than a yard unless he gets a CB to slip. That’s consistent for him and you know it. 

So far the physicality of the NFL is giving him fits and causing him physical pain. 

There was a video of Mims' highlights from this year. He wasn't getting any YAC. Catch, tackle.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Drums said:

There was a video of Mims' highlights from this year. He got barely any YAC in 2020. 

Totally, he’s the worst. Why would we want to be optimistic about our own players. I wish I could fire him an hour ago. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Totally, he’s the worst. Why would we want to be optimistic about our own players. I wish I could fire him an hour ago. 

I'm not hating him at all actually but I am not going to be delusional about things that have happened already. Rooting pretty hard for him and it is definitely too early to say he won't be starting week 1. I was actually surprised though that he didn't break any off. 

Also read my posts. I am always hopeful and positive. No need to generalize me based on one post.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He doesn’t over pay for the over the hill talent (Ertz), I’m sure of the that. He also doesn’t seem likely to pay for a TE who came into the league at 27, just got a new contract and has already been traded once for being outplayed by guys drafter later… Doesn’t feel like Joe  

*try dropping “literally”… 

I agree with this. If the Jets add another TE, it's going to be a sleeper type. I mean I would take Ertz for the vet minimum but he would never play for that. Let's get after Moses. Much greater return on that investment!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Drums said:

There was a video of Mims' highlights from this year. He wasn't getting any YAC. Catch, tackle.  

Mims is the slowest guy to ever run a 4.38. I am beating up on the guy now but he is big and fast enough to be a good player, I just think he’s limited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Mims is the slowest guy to ever run a 4.38. I am beating up on the guy now but he is big and fast enough to be a good player, I just think he’s limited.

He didn't have an offseason and had some hammy issues. He started to come on with Flacco. I think this year is going to be a telling year for him. Can he stay healthy? Can he be consistent? I don't know know yet but Zach Wilson loves him some contested catch WRs. If Mims can consistently do that, I'd be happy. I look forward to what the competition at the position brings out of Mims. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jethead said:

I agree with this. If the Jets add another TE, it's going to be a sleeper type. I mean I would take Ertz for the vet minimum but he would never play for that. Let's get after Moses. Much greater return on that investment!

Yeah, I wouldn't waste draft picks or money on guys that won't be here for multiple years. We can't fix everything in one offseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Oh they’ll get by with Kroft/Griffin and company. Just not looking at 12 personnel packages and an uptick of 10 personnel. Why do you think we have still have Crowder?

Bc he took a substantial paycut. If he didn't, he'd be gone. Him being here still changed nothing in regards to their plans for the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Has Wilson ever had a day worse than ‘pretty good’?
 

It seems like he is doing awesome out there day in and day out

I'd like to see some joint practices this summer, preferably with a good team. See how he does against a secondary that isn't all rookies and third-tier guys.

Other teams have already accounted their joint practices for this year though, so I'm guessing the Jets aren't doing any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

 

What does that mean he held on the ball for a while? Was the play a slow developing play or was he playing backyard football running around in circles yelling "hot route". Seriously WTF. Without context I have no idea what he is talking about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...