Fowler: Jets and Moses making progress

Lith

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets are not being used for anything.  We are not desperate for a RT.  George Fant is fine there.  The Jets have given Moses and fair offer and a deadline for him to take it or it gets pulled.

Just like with Crowder.  He had until Mandatory mini camp to accept or he got cut.  He accepted.

The days of the jets front office getting pushed around and paying too much because they are desperate or over.  We control what happens with Moses on our terms.  Patience is key and Joe D has a ton of it.

You have a link to these terms and conditions? I never read anything like this

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That I do not know.  Obviously there is no rush over the next 5 weeks.  

Moses is probably going to wait a few weeks into camp and see if anyone gets hurt and a desperate team now overpays for his services.

That doesn' t mean there's a deadline then for him to accept an offer unless you actually saw this in an article. There may well not be a deadline then.

IMO, JD should just give him his best offer and give him a firm deadline to sign by the end of the week or the offer will be withdrawn. No sense in dragging this out and possibly another team swooping in at the last second. Sign him by the end of the week, or look to sign someone else.

On 6/21/2021 at 6:27 PM, billo83 said:

That doesn' t mean there's a deadline then for him to accept an offer unless you actually saw this in an article. There may well not be a deadline then.

IMO, JD should just give him his best offer and give him a firm deadline to sign by the end of the week or the offer will be withdrawn. No sense in dragging this out and possibly another team swooping in at the last second. Sign him by the end of the week, or look to sign someone else.

I was thinking same thing but JD has the patience of a saint. He wasn’t impulsive with Adams or Darnold. Just isn’t his style.  It’s a big decision and a lot of money. It will definitely impact how JD approaches the draft next year so look for JD to get Moses for his classic $5M per year contract ? Seriously though if he gave Fant an average of 10 per year, he’s got to go higher with Moses say 12 per for 3 years with an out after 2. 

• Upvote 1

why give him a deadline? is there an alternate path we would go if he does or doesnt sign?  maybe incentivize the contract for an earlier signing to get him into the system and offseason program but a deadline seems to just for pleasing fans(and jets brass).

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

I was thinking same thing but JD has the patience of a saint. He wasn’t impulsive with Adams or Darnold. Just isn’t his style.  It’s a big decision and a lot of money. It will definitely impact how JD approaches the draft next year so look for JD to get Moses for his classic $5M per year contract ? Seriously though if he gave Fant an average of 10 per year, he’s got to go higher with Moses say 12 per for 3 years with an out after 2. 

I would be shocked if he paid that much.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I would be shocked if he paid that much.

If Moses is signed he’s replacing Fant at RT. Fant’s earning an average of 9-10M a year. Just seems reasonable Moses would be signed for a bit more unless JD can squeeze him in for less.

4 hours ago, Drums said:

JD has a number. If we sign Moses, it will be at a good price. If we don't, we will survive. 

Hold up is probably on Moses' side. Makes sense for him to bide his time. I'd guess Jets have the current best offer on the table. If I am correct, that's a positive sign that JD doesn't resort to the bush-league tactic of placing artificial time limits on offers. Whenever the other side tries to put a time-constraint on a settlement offer that has no logical reason (i.e., before the court hearing), I know I've got 'em and can squeeze because they are more afraid of you not accepting than you are of "missing out." I make em pay for their desire to get it done quickly.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hold up is probably on Moses' side. Makes sense for him to bide his time. I'd guess Jets have the current best offer on the table. If I am correct, that's a positive sign that JD doesn't resort to the bush-league tactic of placing artificial time limits on offers. Whenever the other side tries to put a time-constraint on a settlement offer that has no logical reason (i.e., before the court hearing), I know I've got 'em and can squeeze because they are more afraid of you not accepting than you are of "missing out."

JD operates like a professional. I trust him with this.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hold up is probably on Moses' side. Makes sense for him to bide his time. I'd guess Jets have the current best offer on the table. If I am correct, that's a positive sign that JD doesn't resort to the bush-league tactic of placing artificial time limits on offers. Whenever the other side tries to put a time-constraint on a settlement offer that has no logical reason (i.e., before the court hearing), I know I've got 'em and can squeeze because they are more afraid of you not accepting than you are of "missing out."

RIght.  What's the big ******* deal?  Is he missing any practice?  Did he sign elsewhere? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

RIght.  What's the big ******* deal?  Is he missing any practice?  Did he sign elsewhere? 

Make a fair offer with confidence and don't sweat if the player's agent wants to shop it around.