Lith

54 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

All this good news makes me spend money:

Added Jets future bets today:

To Win East +2100:  $50 to win $1050

Saleh Coach of the Year +2000:  $90 to win $1800

Jets over 6 wins -110: $500 to win $454

Jets to make playoffs +500: $100 to win $500

Bolded seems like one of those lines that Vegas throws out there and you think it's a smart bet and then in hindsight you kick yourself for falling for it. Literally do this every boxing and MMA PPV.

Oh wow this 40 year old vet is going at +600! I HAVE to take that.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Boys, maybe it's my rose(and green) colored glasses, but this significant push to sign Moses tells me that the staff and JD think they have enough talent to be competitive this year 

Yep,  And some think they'll wait till next year to upgrade the TE position. It's happening this year.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yup and it tells us that they will be in the market for other players to fill holes (TE and CB). 

Listening to the Saleh press conference today it sounds like they're rolling with the young guys at CB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Listening to the Saleh press conference today it sounds like they're rolling with the young guys at CB.

Love it.  If nobody steps up you sign a solid vet who gets cut during camp.

But no need to bring anyone right now.  Let the young guys get all the reps in August.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Have no idea what is going to happen, but keep in mind that Fant is only guaranteed $4.5M.   

Wonder if Joe is going to try to choke a couple of million out of him?  

We'll see

Maybe?  I don't see it as a necessity.  Fant has an important role as the swing tackle (at minimum).  Next year, they'll be able to cut him, if needed, and save $9.7M (with a $1M dead cap hit).  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Yep,  And some think they'll wait till next year to upgrade the TE position. It's happening this year.

Eh.  I think they will pick up some TEs, but I don't think it's going to be some big deal like Ertz or Njoku.  I predict they will be happy enough with Kroft and will make some bottom of roster moves for athletes they like and hope to come up with a Waller type find.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  I think they will pick up some TEs, but I don't think it's going to be some big deal like Ertz or Njoku.  I predict they will be happy enough with Kroft and will make some bottom of roster moves for athletes they like and hope to come up with a Waller type find.  

Maybe I'm wrong but this entire off-season, including this possible Moses deal, has been about upgrading every position possible on offense. It was reported that they made a run at Jonnu Smith in FA so I don't think they're done upgrading the position. Why would they choose to go balls to the wall upgrading the offense in FA and the draft and then just ignore the TE position? It was literally the worst TE room in the nfl in 2020 and all they did was add a career backup who couldn't start over Dawson Knox last year. 

Yesterday, a reporter asked LaFleur about the TE position and the best thing he could say about all of them is that they're professional and you can tell they've played on Sundays. There was no talk about being excited to see how Kroft or Herndon play in this offense or anything like that. They're not satisfied with the TE room and how could anybody?

This also points to Douglas having a better feeling about this roster because

last year when he had the cap $$$ he never really went after available vets

when he had the chance (Clowney, Logan Ryan)

38 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If this goes through then Fant will be one well paid backup and that’s fine with the cap space we have + importance in keeping our rookie QB upright.

Moses will hopefully be a 3 year deal and kept for a few seasons, making Fant expendable after this season.

could they ask him to restructure? i think they have now guaranteed half his salary for this year, and he's got 0 guaranteed next year.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I also suspect, whether they admit it publicly or not, there's some concern about Becton's foot/overall health.

This is why I absolutely think Fant stays.

He is being paid too much not to start. He's an upgrade at RG over anyone else on the roster. And he can slide into either OT spots in a pinch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

could they ask him to restructure? i think they have now guaranteed half his salary for this year, and he's got 0 guaranteed next year.

I guess they could but if they’re not spending that $ elsewhere, do everything you can from him holding out