Jets Sign OL David Moore Off Waivers

7 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

We’re cheering the fact we were granted a UDFA rookie off waivers from another bad team (Carolina) that couldn’t make it through TC?

jêzüsfuçknXrist!!! My expectations for this season are sinking lower with each passing tweet. :-(

Sorry some people liked a prospect?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Maybe.   Just seems early in camp to cut him.  Just wondering if there is a back story here.  

im mostly kidding.. But yea its very early on to cut a guy that a lot of people wanted post draft.  Gotta scour panthers info im sure theres something printed about it. 

• Sympathy 1

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 4-5
NFL Comparison
Nate Davis
Overview
Well-built guard prospect with outstanding upper-body power and a nasty streak as a block finisher. He's still a little raw from a technical standpoint and needs to play with better patience and control, but Moore has an intriguing combination of strength and quickness that should be intriguing to teams. Becoming more consistent with his footwork, leverage and hand placement will be key for him to go from prospect to starter in the future. Playing a lower level of competition and the lack of a 2020 fall season could make for an extended runway of development, but the physical gifts and toughness are compelling.
Strengths
  • Dense frame is thickly muscled from head to toe.
  • Broad through chest with well-built thighs and calves like small pumpkins.
  • Wingspan is longer than height would dictate.
  • Light on his feet and nimble out of stance and into pulls.
  • Able to unlock and unload hips into run blocks.
  • Able to dislodge the nose when he's focused on his down blocks.
  • Explosive upper-body power.
  • Carries some thunder in his punch.
  • Aggressive demeanor shows up on tape.
  • Foot quickness for important recovery steps in pass pro.
  • Has taken snaps at center during practices.
  • Traits to make noticeable jump once he tightens up his technique.
Weaknesses
  • Needs to come off the ball with better pad level to maintain natural leverage.
  • Inefficient movement into block fits.
  • Will need to upgrade hand placement.
  • Strikes land high/wide, diminishing ability to sustain blocks.
  • Movements tend to be more segmented than fluid.
  • Feet are more noisy than calm in his pass sets.
  • Wide base in pass sets and tends to lean into his punch.
  • Slow to reset hands and win back control in hand-to-hand battles.
  • Some inconsistency recognizing pressure schemes.
  • Played against lower level of competition.
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Some of  us watch these guys leading up to the draft and draw conclusions based on what we see.  Plenty of outlets had him graded as a draftable prospect and O-line depth is a good idea.

Yet he wasn’t drafted. I recognize cheap depth can be mined every few hundred moons with UDFA rookies, but extremely rare. This is the Maccaggnan method. why I’m surprised by the cheering for a guy who most probably won’t make final cuts. 

Jets could have drafted him if they really valued him, yet they traded away their last pick w/KC in a weird trade down. 

He has been cut by a team that has OLine depth issues just like us and it’s only the 2nd week of TC. 

in auditing we refer to this as a Redflag. This guy has quite a few in a short amount of time. 

To each his own …….

9 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Yet he wasn’t drafted. I recognize cheap depth can be mined every few hundred moons with UDFA rookies, but extremely rare. This is the Maccaggnan method. why I’m surprised by the cheering for a guy who most probably won’t make final cuts. 

Jets could have drafted him if they really valued him, yet they traded away their last pick w/KC in a weird trade down. 

He has been cut by a team that has OLine depth issues just like us and it’s only the 2nd week of TC. 

in auditing we refer to this as a Redflag. This guy has quite a few in a short amount of time. 

To each his own …….

To each his own indeed.  But remember, every single year we see plenty of undrafted guys playing in the pro bowl.  These guys are long shots, but there are some tools there to work with.

Edited by AFJF

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

To each his own indeed.  But remember, every single year we see plenty of undrafted guys playing in the pro bowl.  These guys are long shots, but there are some tools there to work with.

How many of those UDFA in the pro bowl played for the Jets, ever?

That type of Macaggnan mentality and Thinking has conditioned Jets fans to continue to believe that Pie in the sky dream that you can make a solid competitive roster with UDFAs and cast-offs from other teams. 

again, an udfa prospect cut in week 2 of TC by another weak team should not instill such excitement. If anything, it’s due diligence spearheaded by the economics of a dirt-cheap non-guaranteed salary on an easily expendable player you can yo-yo off the PS. 

perhaps the joy is dead within me. I’ll give you props if he makes the cut on merit and not due to injury and poor team depth 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

How many of those UDFA in the pro bowl played for the Jets, ever?

That type of Macaggnan mentality and Thinking has conditioned Jets fans to continue to believe that Pie in the sky dream that you can make a solid competitive roster with UDFAs and cast-offs from other teams. 

again, an udfa prospect cut in week 2 of TC by another weak team should not instill such excitement. If anything, it’s due diligence spearheaded by the economics of a dirt-cheap non-guaranteed salary on an easily expendable player you can to-to off the PS. 

perhaps the joy is dead within me. I’ll give you props if he makes the cut on merit and not due to injury and poor team depth 

Robby was a hell of a player who would've been a multiple time 1,000 yd receiver for the Jets if his QB's weren't trash.

Bryce Huff is going to be a player.

Isaiah Dunn might start for the Jets at some point this season and Yeboah could stick as well.

Undrafted doesn't mean you write a guy off.

I liked Moore coming out but don't think he'll stick because he isn't a great fit for this offense.

Even still, I see nothing wrong with bringing him in for a look.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Correct. 

Good ol’ cheap American labor with non-guaranteed compensation that’s expendable upon the slightest of injury. 

and all thanks to the new CBA!

Economics (especially ever-exponentially increasing QB salaries) are why most NFL teams’ depth charts are filled with interchangeable fodder two grades above fertilizer. 

• Upvote 1