Media Round Up: Zach Wilson

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Cowherd and most of them are just provocateurs. Just looking to generate controversy and nothing else. He’s pushing the same Manziel comparisons he did with Mayfield because it gets clicks.

Anyone listening to a word that clown says is wasting their time. He doesn’t even believe it himself.

It’s entertaining to hear about our QB nonetheless. People coming here for some sort of positive fulfillment via the media will never be satisfied on a week to week basis because everything is an extreme over reaction in sports journalism.

• Upvote 1

Wdf was Sam Acho talking about in that clip with Orlovsky? Glad Dan wasn't letting him get away with his awful takes. With nonsensical takes like that, I don't foresee a very long media career in his future 

Loved watching Cowherd look a bit uncomfortable there, he went out of his way saying Wilson would be a bust so how much more of a tool will he look like if he ends up going the complete opposite direction and becoming a great QB? We can only hope

• Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He said he was going thru some things. Not that he wasn’t playing well. That’s you speculating, not word for word truth. Becton looked fine on Saturday and he looked fine the Saturday before that.

He actually did comment on his play. He said he wasn’t at his best 

why is this triggering you so much?

the likely explanation is he botched his rehab on the foot and is out of shape. 

thats why Lawson was his daddy 

handling backups for 15 reps won’t expose this obviously 

the concern is at the end of a 10 play drive or the 4th quarter that he whiffs on a rush and bad things happen 

that’s a very reasonable concern 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

why is this triggering you so much?

Pause. I’m sorry, triggering me? Never that. Him saying he wasn’t at his best isn’t saying he’s out of shape either. This isn’t word for word truth either way you slice it. Interpret the quote how you please, It certainly doesn’t bother me.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pause. I’m sorry, triggering me? Never that. Him saying he wasn’t at his best isn’t saying he’s out of shape either. This isn’t word for word truth either way you slice it. Interpret the quote how you please, It certainly doesn’t bother me.

Please enlighten me and take a stab at it. Why did Lafleur say that he wasn’t at his best?

Skip Bayless is literally just making stuff up.  He's tough to listen to normally but this was just bizarre.  He's saying the exact opposite of what's happening.  Very strange these guys can get away with that...

Like the only time he's ZW is accurate is when he's on the move - That's CLEARLY not the case - he barely left the pocket in his two appearances.  Tt's like he had to say something bad, so just made up what he wanted to be the case.

How that can be on TV and no one calls him on it is just strange and I guess why I stopped all of these guys years ago.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Please enlighten me and take a stab at it. Why did Lafleur say that he wasn’t at his best?

My guess is personal issues. He mentioned that he was going through some things before that main quote. None of us know for sure, I do know what the quote stated though & that is my own interpretation into what was said. I also know he looked fine in live action two Saturday’s in & I have no reason to believe his foot is in bad shape considering his movement out there recently. Looks fine. Doesn’t look gimpy. Doesn’t look slow out of his stance. I don’t get it. You are more than welcome to have your own theories on what it might could be though. No one is mad about that.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Skip Bayless is literally just making stuff up.  He's tough to listen to normally but this was just bizarre.  He's saying the exact opposite of what's happening.  Very strange these guys can get away with that...

Like the only time he's ZW is accurate is when he's on the move - That's CLEARLY not the case - he barely left the pocket in his two appearances.  Tt's like he had to say something bad, so just made up what he wanted to be the case.

How that can be on TV and no one calls him on it is just strange and I guess why I stopped all of these guys years ago.

I was waiting to see if Shannon was gonna correct him there, but he didn’t.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

My guess is personal issues. He mentioned that he was going through some things before that main quote. None of us know for sure, I do know what the quote stated though & that is my own interpretation into what was said. I also know he looked fine in live action two Saturday’s in & I have no reason to believe his foot is in bad shape considering his movement out there recently. Looks fine. Doesn’t look gimpy. Doesn’t look slow out of his stance. I don’t get it. You are more than welcome to have your own theories on what it might could be though. No one is mad about that.

Yeah that’s certainly very possible.   The thing that jumped out to me is how unique Lawson is, he’s compact and not very tall   That combined with Bectons comments on how Lawson made him better got me thinking that Becton not being able to bend and get strength it might even be a shoulder issue. 

im his height and I can tell you I hated boxing out shorter guys because they could get their hip on my thigh and if my foot wasn’t anchored drive me a foot or two until I could recover. 

He has 3 weeks to figure it out wherever it is. 

43 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He said because he wasn’t able to participate in OTA’s…

“Mekhi’s going through some things right now. He’s not playing at his best and he knows that. He didn’t have a training camp last year. He didn’t have OTAs last May and June. I’ve got all the confidence in the world in Mekhi because, one, I know how talented he is and, two, he’s a good dude and he’s going to work through all this stuff."

Next catastrophe…..

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I cut off the Herd video really early. As soon as he said we have a left tackle who’s out of shape. I wanted to finish listening but I just couldn’t.

I will continue to listen to Richie and Jake from JetsMedia, Ryan from Jets24/7, Matt O'Leary, and GreenBean 1000x over these corporate guys who only speak for cliche bait..... 

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

It amuses me that all the same folks who were bashing him pre-draft are now hopping on the train based on the tape of his two preseason games, even though it looks just like his college tape.

Yes! And I would add that equally amusing is the false narrative that Zach has looked terrible during camp. He did not have a great night at the green/white scrimmage. Jeeez...........

• Upvote 1

They can all have hot takes and then pretend they didn’t when they were wrong. When they are right (like Simms) they will trot it out like a prized pony. Charles Barkley kept saying the bucks will win… cue the montage. 

I skipped all the videos and the only one I watched was the Chris Simms one. He's the best Rookie  QB evaluator out there and he's absolutely in love with Zach Wilson.  

@Patriot Killa I'm so pissed Zach Wilson went 2 picks before I was going to draft him because I'd so be trading away Lamar Jackson for a beast RB right now if not. 

Thnx for this thread I enjoyed Simms gushing over our kid QB.

LMAO, Skip Bayless (and Shannon Sharpe agreeing). " Wilson is better on the move, off platform, throwing the ball then when he is in the pocket, when he's on platform he's just not that accurate?" What? According to what evidence? Again, give me  Richie and Jake from JetsMedia, Ryan from Jets24/7, Matt O'Leary, and GreenBean any day of the week over these guys

25 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Simms starts out with a shot at lazy media lol.  He's not wrong - "he's too small" and "small school competition" are now toast.  

It was fun while it lasted.   I got some good laughs when people said the competition bit, then raved about Lance lol.  

Just look around the league. Start with Patrick Mahomes and end with Ben Roethlisberger.

Barely any of them played @ "Alabama".