Jaylon Smith Anyone?

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/2021-nfl-roster-bubble-notable-players-who-could-be-traded-or-cut

We are thin at LB. Don’t understand because I always see him flying around the field hitting people. 

I’d at least inquire.  However, he has a relatively large contract and if he’s not playing particularly well with the Cowboys under Dan Quinn, he probably won’t fair much better here, as they are very similar to us, scheme-wise.

• Upvote 2

He has a huge contract but it looks like it doesnt have any guaranteed money after 2021 and his salary this year is $7.2 million.

If they can figure out the money, he would be a really interesting player to go after as the  compensation would be really low since you would be taking him off the Cowboys salary cap and he is a good player. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rolloffjet said:

Worth a shot if his knee checks out. But I would rather offer a pick for Leighton Vander Esch. Heard he was on the block too. Cheaper and good but he also has a history of injury’s . But at least he’s in his last year and cheap.

Sign me up for both. 

Instantly improves the LB position here. 

What's up with all of this bad knee talk?

Throughout his previous 3 years Jaylon Smith has played in all 48 of his games (with 0 games missed) and he's an absolute TACKLING MACHINE.  

417 combined tackles (140 tackles per season). 

Bad knees?

What bad knees? 

• He's played a combined 3,051 snaps throughout his previous 3 seasons (95% of Dallas's Defensive Snaps). 

Yes.

I'd absolutely love this kid and have loved him since Notre Dame. He's a Pro Bowl player and would feast @ ROLB alongside of C.J. Mosley (MLB) which means that both of our Rookies in Hamsah Nasirildeen/Jamien Sherwood would compliment one another while splitting reps at LOLB. 

But why am I getting my hopes up like this? Is he even on the trade block to begin with? And why would Dallas trade him away for anything less than a 1st round pick? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  Hes knee is degenerating.  Theres a reason hes been benched in dallas.

He has never been benched in Dallas. 

Because throughout the previous 3 seasons he's played 95% of Dallas's Defensive Snaps (3,051 snaps). 

Come on man. 

It's impossible (physically) impossible to play 98% of snaps last year of 2020 (1,084 defensive plays) along with 154 Tackles....

If your knees were degenerating.

He hasn't suffered an injury to his knee dating back to his final game of college back on 12/1/2016 and over 5 years later fans are still screaming bad knees? 

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Throughout his previous 3 years Jaylon Smith has played in all 48 of his games (with 0 games missed) and he's an absolute TACKLING MACHINE.  

Bad knees?

What bad knees? 

• He's played a combined 3,051 snaps throughout his previous 3 seasons (95% of Dallas's Defensive Snaps). 

Yes.

I'd absolutely love this kid and have loved him since Notre Dame. He's a Pro Bowl player and would feast @ ROLB alongside of C.J. Mosely (MLB) which means that both of our Rookies in Hamsah Nasirildeen/Jamien Sherwood would compliment one another while splitting reps at LOLB. 

But why am I getting my hopes up like this? Is he even on the trade block to begin with? And why would Dallas trade him away for anything less than a 1st round pick? 

Because they drafted parsons who looks like a beast. Plus they signed Neal as a free agent. There cap not good so I think they are trying to unload his contract. He wasn’t as good after he signed that big contract probably just a down year last year but I’d definitely look into him with our cap situation.

Just now, Rolloffjet said:

Because they drafted parsons who looks like a beast. Plus they signed Neal as a free agent. There cap not good so I think they are trying to unload his contract. He wasn’t as good after he signed that big contract probably just a down year last year but I’d definitely look into him with our cap situation.

A down year? He had a career year in tackles. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-stock-up-stock-down-in-2021-preseason-jaylon-smith-among-several-sinking-jabril-cox-going-up/amp/
Stock down: 

Jaylon Smith, LB

It's no secret the pressure mounting on Smith to take the next step in his career is mounting. OK, that's an understatement, because the pressure is actually enough to either turn coal into a diamond or into, well, a pile of crushed coal. It's not a contract year for Smith, per se, but it can be viewed as such -- thanks to the Cowboys decision to select Micah Parsons and Jabril Cox in the first and fourth round of the 2021 NFL Draft, respectively. Prior to that, they signed Keanu Neal to convert him to linebacker and then there's the fact Leighton Vander Eschis healthy, motivated and literally in a contract year; and you're starting to understand that Smith is not only facing the wrong side of the wall, but it gets worse for him when trying to justify his salary against how he might or might not be utilized in 2021. Parsons, Cox, Vander Esch and Neal have all flashed in camp and/or preseason (as has Luke Gifford, so pencil all of them as additional "stock up" guys on this list), while Smith looks like an understudy in Year 5.

On 8/28/2021 at 6:52 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bad knees?

What bad knees? 

Yes.

I'd absolutely love this kid and have loved him since Notre Dame. He's a Pro Bowl player and would feast @ ROLB alongside of C.J. Mosley (MLB) which means that both of our Rookies in Hamsah Nasirildeen/Jamien Sherwood would compliment one another while splitting reps at LOLB. 

Much shorter post than I figured. No pictures either. Well done 

• Sympathy 1