**** Bucs v. Boys ~ NFL sucks thread ****

Integrity28

The sad truth is that Fantasy football is more popular than NFL football. The NFL was smart enough to realize this and changed the rules to make the game more fantasy friendly.

Dont believe me? Read the posts where guys talk more about their fantasy picks than the game they’re watching, or root for an injury so their fantasy pick can get more touches.

• Upvote 2

The sad truth is that Fantasy football is more popular than NFL football. The NFL was smart enough to realize this and changed the rules to make the game more fantasy friendly.
Dont believe me? Read the posts where guys talk more about their fantasy picks than the game they’re watching, or root for an injury so their fantasy pick can get more touches.
I played FF whebit was first incepted ... live drafts keeping players etc. I loved it in the early 90s ... once it became commercialized and the game became a shadow of what it once was ... i lost interest.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Very entertaining first game.  We saw it last year before he got hurt.  Dak has gone to another level.  I hate Dallas, but was actually hoping Dak would get the win last night.
Based on the defenses i saw last night ... there is no reason Zach should not excel very early.

• Sympathy 1

Brady is not the Goat because he is the most skilled QB or the most dynamic game changer at the QB spot.  He's considered the best because of his consistent high level of play in big games and big spots coupled with his longevity.  There is no QB in the history of the game who has his overall productivity. There have been plenty of NFL QB's who are more dynamic and have more impact on individual games.

It's a team game.  Brady and Montana have been blessed with great surrounding talent coupled with great coaching.  They have had opportunies to compete on the big stage numerous times.  Brady has had better longevity over other QB's for lots of reasons.  Surrounding cast.  Commitment to his own performance which has included a commitment to a lifestyle of conditioning and protecting his health.  Modern day rules that protect the QB's and give them a better shot at more productivity in their prime.  Advances in the science of training, surgery and recovery that puts today's athlete at a huge advantage over yesterdays athlete for more productivity.

In 10 years when Brady is gone training will be better, surgery will be better, nutrition and recovery techniques will improve along with equitment.  Rules are likely to continue to evolve to protect players.  

The NFL has evolved from a game of uncontrollable violence to controlled violence.  A huge advantage to the modern day player who's skill set isn't dependent on violence at the point of contact.  

Brady is also considered the GOAT because the NFL is bigger than ever and the hype surrounding the game simply gives him a bigger stage than anyone who came before him.  

The GOAT is always going to favor the next guy because the conditions will always improve for the next guy.  He's amazing but is he better than Rodger Staubach or even Otto Graham.  I don't think so.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Brady is not the Goat because he is the most skilled QB or the most dynamic game changer at the QB spot.  He's considered the best because of his consistent high level of play in big games and big spots coupled with his longevity.  There is no QB in the history of the game who has his overall productivity. There have been plenty of NFL QB's who are more dynamic and have more impact on individual games.
It's a team game.  Brady and Montana have been blessed with great surrounding talent coupled with great coaching.  They have had opportunies to compete on the big stage numerous times.  Brady has had better longevity over other QB's for lots of reasons.  Surrounding cast.  Commitment to his own performance which has included a commitment to a lifestyle of conditioning and protecting his health.  Modern day rules that protect the QB's and give them a better shot at more productivity in their prime.  Advances in the science of training, surgery and recovery that puts today's athlete at a huge advantage over yesterdays athlete for more productivity.
In 10 years when Brady is gone training will be better, surgery will be better, nutrition and recovery techniques will improve along with equitment.  Rules are likely to continue to evolve to protect players.  
The NFL has evolved from a game of uncontrollable violence to controlled violence.  A huge advantage to the modern day player who's skill set isn't dependent on violence at the point of contact.  
Brady is also considered the GOAT because the NFL is bigger than ever and the hype surrounding the game simply gives him a bigger stage than anyone who came before him.  
The GOAT is always going to favor the next guy because the conditions will always improve for the next guy.  He's amazing but is he better than Rodger Staubach or even Otto Graham.  I don't think so.  
Took me 19 years to come around to the idea of him surpassing Montana ... but watching him play ... he is absiolutely the GOAT.

Absolute Command of the system he is running.

Master of how to use the clock.

Impeccable accuracy, velocity and timing.

Uncanny ability to drive the defense with his eyes.

Unmatched ability to deliver the ball to his playmakers.

Amazing presnap awareness.

C l u t c h.

Absolutely the GOAT .. enjoy the swansong of his career.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Took me 19 years to come around to the idea of him surpassing Montana ... but watching him play ... he is absiolutely the GOAT.

I never considered Montana better than Staubach or Otto Graham either.  

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Based on the defenses i saw last night ... there is no reason Zach should not excel very early.

Dallas D was awful, especially in the first half.  Any kind of effort and they could have put that game away by halftime.

Only question for Zack excelling will be his ability to read NFL defenses.  None of us will know (including Saleh and Zack himself) until he faces live action.  Let's hope.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Gambling has taken over, and really fantasy is gambling in another form. 

Finally watched the second half.  Turned out to be a great game!  Dallas impressed!

The end was predictable, you just don't give 12 that sort of time, b/c he wins that exercise basically every... single .... time.

TB is probably the favorite to win everything again, as they have a juggernaut of a team.  They actually were unlucky with a lot of the turnovers, yet still managed to win.  Their only achilles heal is their 2nd CB is basically an easy target. 

And now, I have Dallas winning their conference.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

C l u t c h.

People always consider the most recent to be the GOAT

The game has changed so much, it is impossible to compare different generations.   Brady has never had someone literally break his jaw, or taken the punishment Johnny U took.

That being said, Brady is 100% the best of this generation.  At this point, he has seen every defense, every blitz, he works non stop, he makes those around him work non stop.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Brady must be taking hgh. I refuse to believe you can be this old and not have some kind of fall off.

I suppose it does help when you basically don't get hit anymore 

Brady is on a ton of PEDs.  You cant compare him to Montana because of that.  If Montana was taking what Brady is, he might have been much better then Brady.

Its like comparing larry bird and lebron james.  Lebron James is on a ton of PEDs.  You cant compare the 2.

Its laughable that Tom Brady is going to throw 50 this this year at the age of 45 and people think its because he eats avacados and no gluten.  

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Brady is on a ton of PEDs.  You cant compare him to Montana because of that.  If Montana was taking what Brady is, he might have been much better then Brady.

Its like comparing larry bird and lebron james.  Lebron James is on a ton of PEDs.  You cant compare the 2.

Its laughable that Tom Brady is going to throw 50 this this year at the age of 45 and people think its because he eats avacados and no gluten.  

Its part of why you can't compare generations.

Guys in the 60s and 70s would kill each other, go home, pound some beers, and go back at it.  

The head shots, the way qbs were hit has changed.   All I cam say is Joe was the king of the 80s, 90s.   Brady is the king of the 2000s.   From what I've seen and read, Staubach may have been the best of the 70s.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Fantasy football and gambling are keeping the NFL relevant.  I can’t complain.  Millennials don’t have the attention span to watch sports 

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Biggs said:

I never considered Montana better than Staubach or Otto Graham either.  

As some other poster stated you cannot compare QBs of earlier generations to now. The football that Otto Graham Norm Van Brocklin Charley Connerly were more like beachballs than the more streamlined ball of today 

• Upvote 1