The difference between Saleh and Bellichick.....

NYJ1

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

What does this mean?

A lot of stupid sh*t gets said around here, including thinking there's anything noteworthy about the fact that our HC doesn't look like a 6 time super bowl winning coach who will likely be widely considered the greatest ever, in his first game.

But, for years - as long as I've posted here - people say we've "come out flat" and "been unprepared."  It's one of JN's dumbest memes.  Jet Nation rarely, if ever, accepts that we lost a game on merit, we simply "weren't ready to play."

So far as I can tell... It doesn't actually mean anything.  It's just words.

We are a bad football team.  The Panthers are better than us.  They have better players.  That's why we lost.  Not because of made up nonsense.

It means the team was not ready to play.  The bare minimum for a HC should be having the team ready to play.

• Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, SAR I said:

gase_banner.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Only 3 weeks to go.  

SAR I

Gase was already a known quantity that 90% + of the fanbase never wanted hired in the first place, so I'm not sure why you are expecting a similar amount of animosity toward Saleh.  We actually want to give him a real chance.  I wanted Gase to miss the limo at the airport.

17 minutes ago, Origen said:

Gase was already a known quantity that 90% + of the fanbase never wanted hired in the first place, so I'm not sure why you are expecting a similar amount of animosity toward Saleh.  We actually want to give him a real chance.  I wanted Gase to miss the limo at the airport.

The Jets fanbase wanted Gase gone after 4 games with a 3rd string quarterback.  I expect these same fans to fly the same planes, print the same t-shirts, and buy the same billboards if Saleh loses 4 games with a 1st string quarterback.  

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets fanbase wanted Gase gone after 4 games with a 3rd string quarterback.  I expect these same fans to fly the same planes, print the same t-shirts, and buy the same billboards if Saleh loses 4 games with a 1st string quarterback.  

SAR I

Because Gase was horrible 

wonder why he’s still unemployed?

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Because Gase was horrible 

Did Saleh look like a well-prepared head coach on Sunday?  Did Gase's OL play extra super-special hard for him on Sunday?  You have no idea if Saleh is a good head coach or not.  Considering the Jets hit rate with rookie head coaches, I can tell you now, he sucks and won't make it to the end of his contract.

4 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

wonder why he’s still unemployed?

No.  

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Did Saleh look like a well-prepared head coach on Sunday?  Did Gase's OL play extra super-special hard for him on Sunday?  You have no idea if Saleh is a good head coach or not.  Considering the Jets hit rate with rookie head coaches, I can tell you now, he sucks and won't make it to the end of his contract.

No.  

SAR I

Not defending Saleh either but your boy Gase is the worst coach the NFL has seen since Kotite

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

You wonder when the Jets will get their act together? I wondering when people on this board will get their takes together. Good lord, Some of yall need some Mary Jane. 

Mary Jane is a gorgeous stewardess I know. She likes to come and spend the night at my house whenever she's in Portland. It's been a while since she came to visit. Perhaps I should call and ask her?

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Never.  Wanted.  Him.  Hired.  vs. YES! Exciting change!

No chance in hell you will see the same reactions or vitriol from any fans.  Nobody wanted Gase, it was a mistake from Day 1 and everybody screamed about it.  So far after preseason and 1 game we know pretty much nothing about Saleh other than that first play looked as bad as any play last year, but by the end of the game, they were still in it, whereas last year it would have been over after the interception.  I think by game 4 this will be a vastly different team as they all find their stride.  I hate sounding reasonable like this but we should actually see how this plays out before wanting to be the first to declare the season over.

8 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Not defending Saleh either but your boy Gase is the worst coach the NFL has seen since Kotite

Doesn’t matter.  He’s not here.  This is the Bob & Joe Show now, and they just lost a game that Adam & Mike won in 2019 with a lesser roster and a lesser quarterback. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I really dont think it took anywhere near 4 games.  

Gase had the most undisciplined, poorly coached, inept team in the history of THIS organization.

Do you realize how low you have to go to get to that level? 

That you actaually believe your one man movement to fire Saleh will lead to anything is kind of comical.  

Stuck to deciding which railbirds, dockers and shirts youre wearing Sunday.  I

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s sad when our fan base makes excuses for the very minimum coaches should be able to do IE have their team ready to play, it did not look like the Jets were ready to play Sunday at 1:00.

So every loss means the team losing wasnt ready to play?  Whats your proof, they fell behind in the first?  When the Jets closed the gap to one score in the 2nd, when their defense and offense started playing better was that because the Panthers weren't ready to play the 2nd half?  

This is a pretty simplistic line of thinking, the kind of thing you say just to say something without a shred of evidence to back it up

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s sad when our fan base makes excuses for the very minimum coaches should be able to do IE have their team ready to play, it did not look like the Jets were ready to play Sunday at 1:00.

i guess the bills weren't ready to play either.  i kind of get your point.  the team coming out in disarray is about the same as we've seen from the jets coaches going back to who knows when.  but then there's also the way they stepped it up in the second half and made a very respectable showing.  as they say you gotta crawl before walking and walk before running. 

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

Sooo ... if / when we do win some games with inferior talent, it'll be down to better coaching, right? ;-)  

Quite possibly. Remember this is a new group of young players that in this case has very little, if any chemistry amongst them. The ding dongs claiming I'm comparing two coaches are just that. I see a slightly more talented team than for the last 5 years. When this team finally gets going like they're capable of, it'll be because Salehs CS is finally getting the players to understand their responsibilities. They clearly do not right now.

Quite possibly. Remember this is a new group of young players that in this case has very little, if any chemistry amongst them. The ding dongs claiming I'm comparing two coaches are just that. I see a slightly more talented team than for the last 5 years. When this team finally gets going like they're capable of, it'll be because Salehs CS is finally getting the players to understand their responsibilities. They clearly do not right now.
Could be a difference between knowing it and "knowing" it. They have in their heads what they need to do, but they're still having to think about it so are not reacting quick enough.

After enough reps this will hopefully become more instinctive and they can "play fast" ... the old adage of the game needs to slow down for them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I sometimes wonder if some posters here have kids ... like, if their kid falls off their bike when they're learning to ride, do they immediately proclaim they suck at parenting? "I didn't have him ready to ride"

You can know and understand in your head all the different things you need to do - but your body has to work at that repeatedly before it can do them over and over without fail. Some people can get there faster than others. Plus it depends on the task - some tasks are easier than others to assimilate. Our O line were in a man blocking scheme last year, this year we're in a different scheme. They had to take a step back before they could move forward.

And, at the end of it all, some people just can't do it. You can train 100 people to run 100m in a straight line as fast as they can, it doesn't mean you'll turn out any Olympic athletes as a result. If the talent isn't there to begin with, it'll limit your results. Like is often said, you can't coach fast.

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

Could be a difference between knowing it and "knowing" it. They have in their heads what they need to do, but they're still having to think about it so are not reacting quick enough.

After enough reps this will hopefully become more instinctive and they can "play fast" ... the old adage of the game needs to slow down for them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure it's that simple Jamesr? If the OL had been correctly getting in front and engaging the defenders but still losing those battles because they were a little tentative? I would understand.

However, in this case the OL simply had no idea what their assignments were and many of those defenders were coming in completely untouched. Like they had no idea whose responsibility that guy was? I just get the impression the Panthers threw something at the Jets offense they just haven't seen before and they just didn't figure out how to address it. Like the coaching staff got outcoached. And really that's what this feels like? 

My biggest fear of Saleh is he seems to embrace positive reinforcement and practice gratitude.   BB clearly has lived his entire life on the abyss.  He looks in the mirror and sees a dirty, deshevaled guy who's mumbling to himself who can't find his house.  He is terrified of failure and has embraced preperation to the extreme to protect himself from his fate.   

I just can't believe Saleh will every be as manic about preparation as BB.  Saleh sees success around the corner and doesn't fear failure.