LaFleur (thus far) is hot garbage

13 hours ago, varjet said:

LaFleur’s initial game plans/prep for both games were terrible.  I would put equal blame on him for Wilson’s performance against the Patriots.  

He has improved in the second half’s of both games, and the OL improved in game 2.  

He “improved” because his scripted game plans were thrown out the window after we went down multiple scores

Same exact thing happened with Schitt for brains

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, what scared back foot throwing?   When did he almost get a concussion?  Now we're guessing hits we see on TV were close to causing concussions?  

He wasnt throwing off his back foot in Carolina and now, not getting hit against NE he started because of Carolina? 

Go back and watch the tape, most if his throws were off his back foot and as for the concussion, there wasn't one recorded but he took a helluva hit on the last sack resulting n his head hitting the ground hard.  He even stated he thought he had whiplash.  . 

1 hour ago, SOJ said:

Go back and watch the tape, most if his throws were off his back foot and as for the concussion, there wasn't one recorded but he took a helluva hit on the last sack resulting n his head hitting the ground hard.  He even stated he thought he had whiplash.  . 

Watch Rodgers and others.  QBs throw off their back foot all the time.  Especially QB who attempt a lot of off platform passes

He did take a shot, i get that

On 9/20/2021 at 12:50 PM, munchmemory said:

Always a great idea to draft a rookie, then align him with a first time HC and especially novice OC.    Sounds like it might be a recipe for disaster.  But as long as the OC has a brother, or other close relative, who has had some success in the NFL then it should be fine.

Why Robert Saleh, as a rookie head coach, didn't decide to hire an ex head coach on his staff is beyond me. Say what you want about Bowles, at least he had the good sense to hire an ex head coach as his coordinator. Saleh is an arrogant fool. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So we move the ball with the passing game to score a TD.

next two drives, run on 1st and 2nd down.  It's like he so glued to the system and simply isn't flowing with the game.

"Shanahan system says I have to run - I don't care if they're not stopping the passing game"

Hes incompetent. 

• Thumb Down 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, InstantClassic said:

Flew in for the game..my take watching this game live? The offense lacks any sort of creativity. 

In fact..I’m pretty sure we ran the same 5 plays over and over.

Stretch right

Stretch left

Bootleg left

Bootleg right

Throw down sideline and pray

No slants. No getting Eli in the slot. No runs up the middle. No regular play action.

This offense is extremely predictable and put Zach in a bad spot. His last 2 INT’s were awful throws by him..those I put on him. This scheme needs to improve if we are going to turn this thing around.

Let’s start by running some different plays. This offense is less creative than they were under Gase..let that sink in for a minute. 

Hopefully this guy has more plays to unlock..or we are screwed, and so is Zach. 

Wish I would’ve been wrong on this one. While he did get more creative..he remained predictable. I think ultimately that was his downfall. It was so clear from the start.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, InstantClassic said:

Flew in for the game..my take watching this game live? The offense lacks any sort of creativity. 

In fact..I’m pretty sure we ran the same 5 plays over and over.

Stretch right

Stretch left

Bootleg left

Bootleg right

Throw down sideline and pray

No slants. No getting Eli in the slot. No runs up the middle. No regular play action.

This offense is extremely predictable and put Zach in a bad spot. His last 2 INT’s were awful throws by him..those I put on him. This scheme needs to improve if we are going to turn this thing around.

Let’s start by running some different plays. This offense is less creative than they were under Gase..let that sink in for a minute. 

Hopefully this guy has more plays to unlock..or we are screwed, and so is Zach. 

As someone who has defended him in past I guess I have evolved my position, like most I rationalize the offense because of like the play you described where Wilson just played bad or missed the open guy. But really his game plans were terrible. Talented guys like Garrett Wilson breece hall can get open make play etc and yeah wbs shot throw the ball to them but that is not the role of the off coordinator. 

He role is to make it easier on the players to make plays. Getting Wilson extra blockers , calling quick passed. The game scripted firs free drives etc. They all sucked. He never helped take advantage of scheme any other teams weaknesses aside from our own. I mean game on the line gimmick plays to berrios out at best 4th WR...no quick qb sneaks for the first, etc you get the idea. 

No I have. No doubt la fleur sucked and was very predictable. 

Glad he is gone. Hope the systems stays . The system is good. But you call the same 3 plays no matter what system it will take good team maybe 1 drive to figure it out. A bad team takes them maybe one of two games of film to game plan it.

You saw that all year with def playing surprisingly well against us. Bad teams have good players and everyone watches tape. Not hard to diagnose out crap plays. 

Anyway rant over. Thank you Saleh for picking our team over some misguided thoughts of you need to keep your friends employeed. I for the record don't think Saleh thought he needed to keep la fluer. I think he was honest with him both saw it coming all season. It's just business

I bet la fluer feels terrible for letting his friend down

• Upvote 1