LaFleur (thus far) is hot garbage

Is this system too finesse, our running game couldn’t punch in the 1 yard touchdown run, it seems too much scheme rather than running people over once in a while… And how come we can’t fit Mims  into a system, I like when a coach is able to take a player strengths and make it part of their system… Is this guy too stubborn, will he adapt and learn I hope so…Maybe the Shanahan offense doesn’t scare/fool  defenses like they did..I remember when he was hired, he wanted to put his own wrinkle in the system… Wrinkle it up dude…not giving up on Zach.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Forcing it to Corey Davis right away when everyone and their dog knew Belichick would be all over it was unbelievable. 

For sure, everyone knew Davis would be drawing extra coverage. Why no screen plays to the rb? Once they knew crowder was out should have had mims on the outside running slants and have berrios and Moore alternating in the slot.

• Upvote 2

Just now, dbatesman said:

That was one spot where I think ripping LaFleur is justified. I would have preferred a pass, but if you're that terrified of your QB, don't run a shotgun draw. (Did he seriously think that would fool a Belichick defense?) You want to run it, put in two TEs and a fullback and ******* run it.

It reminds me of the Sanchez and Geno years when there were moments you obviously pass but can't because you're that sure the dork is gonna turn the ball over again.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You think LaFleur forced them to throw to Corey Davis?  I mean he is the #1, he should probably be first read pretty often.  

The best running bit on this board is that Jets quarterbacks only make bad throws because the offensive coordinator told them to

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Albaniajet said:

BB always takes away the #1 WR

someone remind Lefleur

Why do they have to remind LeFleur?  Shouldn't WIlson notice the extra coverage?  Belichick is tremendous at disguising it, but the idea that LeFleur should call the play and say: "Remember, throw it to the 2nd read because BB" is among the sillier thoughts we've had around here.  Should he be screaming don't throw it to Davis into the headset while the kid drops back? 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

That was one spot where I think ripping LaFleur is justified. I would have preferred a pass, but if you're that terrified of your QB, don't run a shotgun draw. (Did he seriously think that would fool a Belichick defense?) You want to run it, put in two TEs and a fullback and ******* run it.

yep.  i'm good with just about anything then a line plunge.  maybe some play action.  it's not like they would've been out of fg range if wilson did take a sack.  and wilson runs well enough that the patsies would've had to be ready for him taking it in.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why do they have to remind LeFleur?  Shouldn't WIlson notice the extra coverage?  Belichick is tremendous at disguising it, but the idea that LeFleur should call the play and say: "Remember, throw it to the 2nd read because BB" is among the sillier thoughts we've had around here.  Should he be screaming don't throw it to Davis into the headset while the kid drops back? 

Well u are now addressing the bigger problem.  Zach Wilson never played well against a real defense in college. And now he’s stinking it up in the NFL

AE8851E3-C0B1-41EB-A3F5-57ED7532FB56.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not seeing anything creative yet. He’s struggling to get the team to execute basic stuff. We’re not at the level if exploiting matchups and tailored game plans… Zach doesn’t even know how to drop back properly.

People need to understand this. Also, it could be me, but it feels like we are keeping TEs and backs in to block at a higher rate than we did against the Panthers. While our pass protection was better, we are still sacrificing our ability to have more receiving options because the o-line is bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I am not sure where so much hate for Lafleur is coming from?  If we want progress from week to week - he seemed to make the right adjustments.  The run game significantly improved - this is what everyone was soo worried about last week.  

Protection and line blocking significantly improved as well.  Should he not get credit for that.  If we have Zack from last week, we have a really good shot to win this game.  Those INTs were not on lafleur - zack just threw some of those up hoping for a miracle. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Zack's last INT was the worst of the bunch and a complete abomination.  It was such a balloon that the Pats' defender looked like he was waiting to field a punt.

brutal dude. I can give him a partial pass for the second one since it was a good read just a little high but the rest were just really, really bad. The game is probably too fast for him right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Darnold615 said:

I am not sure where so much hate for Lafleur is coming from?  If we want progress from week to week - he seemed to make the right adjustments.  The run game significantly improved - this is what everyone was soo worried about last week.  

Protection and line blocking significantly improved as well.  Should he not get credit for that.  If we have Zack from last week, we have a really good shot to win this game.  Those INTs were not on lafleur - zack just threw some of those up hoping for a miracle. 

Trent Green seemed convinced we were still in it.  It felt like I was watching Buttle or Lyons talking about 1 score, 2 score, 3 score games for a team that had 3 points.  

1 hour ago, InstantClassic said:

Flew in for the game..my take watching this game live? The offense lacks any sort of creativity. 

In fact..I’m pretty sure we ran the same 5 plays over and over.

Stretch right

Stretch left

Bootleg left

Bootleg right

Throw down sideline and pray

No slants. No getting Eli in the slot. No runs up the middle. No regular play action.

This offense is extremely predictable and put Zach in a bad spot. His last 2 INT’s were awful throws by him..those I put on him. This scheme needs to improve if we are going to turn this thing around.

Let’s start by running some different plays. This offense is less creative than they were under Gase..let that sink in for a minute. 

Hopefully this guy has more plays to unlock..or we are screwed, and so is Zach. 

I can tell by your post you don't really understand why certain plays were called but simply ignoring that check downs that were available to him or that the play design is far superior to gase is astounding. I mean selective memory to the MAX!!  AND compared to the first game our team showed massive improvement dsespite injury also and I think this is a KEY point there was no Gase ero throws behind the link of scrimmage.

So Im not sure you know what you are talking about. 

I'm sorry I just cant agree with what you are saying in the slightest amount. I mean you can be disappointed and even argue that Zach needs to make better choices, but that is a far cry from what you are saying and it seems to me that he was testing his limits and mind you that Zach hit 50 percent of the INTs and they should have been big plays for our rookie. The other int yes bad plays but lets not pretend he didn have other options, Zach simply went for it as a rookie will and needs to to learn.

The alternative is not as good as you think it is. What happens when we need to hit something is the game is on the line and zach has no experience and has to learn then? It is ffar better than he learn right now at the beginning. Just one fans opinion - I could be wrong but Im right.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

BB always takes away the #1 WR

someone remind Lefleur

yeah except he didnt, davis our number 1 option should and coudl have been targeted. Dont throw to the number 1 wr because the other team doesnt want you to is silly. Davis is a good WR. Zach just needs to learn how to hit him that is all . 

• Upvote 1