zacherle showed on his fourth interception why he is the guy we've all been praying for

hmhertz

On that throw he was falling away yet the ball went 50 to 55 yds with no use of his legs.

More importantly the play showed what a competitor the baby faced bastid is.

After moving in the wrong direction the kid got on a horse and beat everyone down

the field to make the tackle.  I've seen every NY AFL/AFC game since 1960, from

Al Dorrow  to present  his competitive instincts are at the top. Looks like he ran 4.4

chasing the interceptor

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

On that throw he was falling away yet the ball went 50 to 55 yds with no use of his legs.

After moving in the wrong direction the kid got on a horse and beat everyone down

Al Dorrow  to present  his competitive instincts are at the top. Looks like he ran 4.4

chasing the interceptor

Idk about you, but I dont ever want my QB in a position to have to tackle anyone. 

Usually means it's for a bad reason... usually. 

Idk just spit ballin here. 

• Upvote 4

FWIW, it was speculated on twitter by the Russian dude that Moore stopped his route, and Zach was trying to throw it up to at least give him a 50-50 ball.  Moore stopped, so it became a 0-100 ball.

I'm not going to say this is at all positive, just that it might not be as bad as it looked live.

Tim Jenkins also said Moore ran the wrong route on the 4th pick - but still a bad throw.  See around the 10 minute mark in the video below.

If you wanted to choose a pick that showed potential, I"d say the 2nd one actually did.  In particular, he turned down the easy throw in the flat to make a great tight window throw, which was only a slightly difficult catch for Davis.  To me, I want my FQB to turn down the easy throw to make the big chunk play.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thshadow said:

FWIW, it was speculated on twitter by the Russian dude that Moore stopped his route, and Zach was trying to throw it up to at least give him a 50-50 ball.  Moore stopped, so it became a 0-100 ball.

I'm not going to say this is at all positive, just that it might not be as bad as it looked live.

You know who wouldn’t stop his route dominates and turns 50/50 balls into his bitch!?  I do!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Tim Jenkins also said Moore ran the wrong route on the 4th pick - but still a bad throw.  See around the 10 minute mark in the video below.

If you wanted to choose a pick that showed potential, I"d say the 2nd one actually did.  In particular, he turned down the easy throw in the flat to make a great tight window throw, which was only a slightly difficult catch for Davis.  To me, I want my FQB to turn down the easy throw to make the big chunk play.

So Moore doesn’t know the playbook either. Know who wise doesn’t know the playbook? I do!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Idk about you, but I dont ever want my QB in a position to have to tackle anyone. 

Usually means it's for a bad reason... usually. 

Idk just spit ballin here. 

I like his competitiveness, my mistake, I've got to do somethin about it.

Like a qb who blocks and fights for an extra yard for a first down and

for a score. You can keep your chicken sh*ts like Sanchez who looked

for the safest route to the sideline, where he can enjoy a Nathan's hot dog. Believe me his team mates take note the kid is not trying to save

his ass, but risking his body to make a play

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

People can keep saying that he will run a 4.4.  It will not make him a 4.4.  Believe me.  I tried it. 

Plus- like Sam before him.. He never tucks it and takes off. If he wants to succeed- he may want to think about that. There are a handful of quarterbacks putting up very good numbers doing this now.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

So this is the greatest interception in team history.

SAR I

Namath has the top 10 INT's in Jets history.  Every one of them was a result of a combination of skill, courage and alchol.  Watching a Namath INT was way more exciting than watching Gore running up the ass of a guard.  

15 hours ago, hmhertz said:

chasing the interceptor

can't say arm strength is all a qb needs.  it's one thing but more important that the guy has what it takes between the ears.  and it was pretty amazing that he did tackle the guy.  not exactly something the jets want their qb to do but he showed quite a bit of speed and maybe he needs some designed runs or at least know that running for a gain is better than launching a bad ball.