Jags are a Better Team

JetBlue

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So I'm watching the Jags versus the Cardinals and damn if the Jags don't actually look like an NFL team.   They have a running game, solid receivers in Shenault, and Chalk,  Lawrence showed promise.  Sure he had a couple of ints, one was on the receiver who practically handed it to the defensive back and the other was a just a rookie mistake that he should learn from.  He made some really nice throws especially on the run.   There defense is not bad either.   I mean don't get me wrong, they will probably lose 12 games but at least they look competitive and give their fans some hope for the future.   

Meanwhile I don't see anything that makes me optimistic about the future.  Actually let me take that back, I think Zach can be good but we are doing nothing to help him and I am concerned he develops some bad habits.   

I see Shenault developing as a receiver and yet our top receiver from the same draft is not even active on game day.   They lose their Ettiene for the season and don't miss a beat as UDA Robinson picks up were he left off from last season (Another reason why it rarely pays to take a running back in the first round...but I digress) and our healthy rookie running back despite having shown flashes, does not get enough touches to get rhythm despite playing with a bunch of JAGS (to be fair, he has no almost no where to run.. still I want to see him getting the lionshare of the carries as a well finding ways to get the ball to him in space.)  Our top rookie receiver has looked very pedestrian so far and now he has a concussion....  

It's funny everybody expects Urban Meyer to fail and get fired yet, he has the Jags ready to play; something we can't say about Saleh at least so far.   

Look it is still very early in the season and there it time to get this thing turned around.  The problem I see very little signs that they know what they are doing.   The very fact that they have refused to activate Mims when they need all the help they can get, does not give me any confidence that they will figure things out.   

Now that Moore is concussed, what excuse will they use this week for not playing him?  Especially if he has another "great" week of practice. 

I don't know how many games the Jags will win but I can tell you right now they are definitely more entertaining to watch then the Jets. 

Agree fully.  Still wondering who got the better QB, though.  Lawrence or Wilson...  How can either one be judged considering the state of their respective teams ??? Both have flashed, but Wilson has made the bigger blunders thus far. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We r now opening threads to gloat about an 0-3 team.  My goodness.

Who is gloating?  Why is making a comparison to a team we are very similar too, gloating?  Both teams have first year HC, finished with worst records in the league a year ago and took quarterbacks 1-2 in the draft.  Both teams had multiple picks in the early rounds of the draft and went heavy on offense.  Why is comparing the play of these teams an issue for you?  I swear some of you really need to get laid, high, take up yoga etc.   Anything to give you some perspective. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JetBlue said:

So I'm watching the Jags versus the Cardinals and damn if the Jags don't actually look like an NFL team.   They have a running game, solid receivers in Shenault, and Chalk,  Lawrence showed promise.  Sure he had a couple of ints, one was on the receiver who practically handed it to the defensive back and the other was a just a rookie mistake that he should learn from.  He made some really nice throws especially on the run.   There defense is not bad either.   I mean don't get me wrong, they will probably lose 12 games but at least they look competitive and give their fans some hope for the future.   

Meanwhile I don't see anything that makes me optimistic about the future.  Actually let me take that back, I think Zach can be good but we are doing nothing to help him and I am concerned he develops some bad habits.   

I see Shenault developing as a receiver and yet our top receiver from the same draft is not even active on game day.   They lose their Ettiene for the season and don't miss a beat as UDA Robinson picks up were he left off from last season (Another reason why it rarely pays to take a running back in the first round...but I digress) and our healthy rookie running back despite having shown flashes, does not get enough touches to get rhythm despite playing with a bunch of JAGS (to be fair, he has no almost no where to run.. still I want to see him getting the lionshare of the carries as a well finding ways to get the ball to him in space.)  Our top rookie receiver has looked very pedestrian so far and now he has a concussion....  

It's funny everybody expects Urban Meyer to fail and get fired yet, he has the Jags ready to play; something we can't say about Saleh at least so far.   

Look it is still very early in the season and there it time to get this thing turned around.  The problem I see very little signs that they know what they are doing.   The very fact that they have refused to activate Mims when they need all the help they can get, does not give me any confidence that they will figure things out.   

Now that Moore is concussed, what excuse will they use this week for not playing him?  Especially if he has another "great" week of practice. 

I don't know how many games the Jags will win but I can tell you right now they are definitely more entertaining to watch then the Jets. 

Zach can’t fairly be evaluated atm and Trevor looks like Winston 

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Who is gloating?  Why is making a comparison to a team we are very similar too, gloating?  Both teams have first year HC, finished with worst records in the league a year ago and took quarterbacks 1-2 in the draft.  Both teams had multiple picks in the early rounds of the draft and went heavy on offense.  Why is comparing the play of these teams an issue for you?  I swear some of you really need to get laid, high, take up yoga etc.   Anything to give you some perspective. 

I did all three today :)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I legit want to know and I'm too lazy to look but has any team in the last 20 years started the first 3 games with just 20 overall points?

The Jags scored 21 in their first game of the season.

At this rate we may be asking if any team has started the first 4 games with just 20 overall points.... 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, doitny said:

honestly. this offense scheme is too complicated for a team with all these rookies. 

and the zone blocking isnt working for this line. but idk if they could change that into the season and not have to redo the whole offensive scheme. probably cant be done now.

Thats something the staff should of picked up on before the season started...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Agree fully.  Still wondering who got the better QB, though.  Lawrence or Wilson...  How can either one be judged considering the state of their respective teams ??? Both have flashed, but Wilson has made the bigger blunders thus far. 

As poor as the Jags Oline has been, ours has been that much worse, however to his credit, Lawrence has taken it upon himself to get out of the pocket and try and make something happen with his legs, whether trying to buy more time or taking off to get yards himself.  It seems that Zach has been reluctant to do that and I can understand not wanting to run and risk injury, but with this Oline it seem that he is just as likely to get injured in the pocket.  I hope they have a few designed run plays for him to try and shake things up (just slide Zach, slide), a boot leg here or there  might loosen things up a bit in the "phonebooth" (I still think this is a stupid scheme, but what do I know...)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Blunders? They have the same amount of INT’s

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I legit want to know and I'm too lazy to look but has any team in the last 20 years started the first 3 games with just 20 overall points?

There were some bad teams historically. The Bucs likely own a lot of these types of records. Just looked up their 1977 season and they scored 13 points total in their first 4 games. They exploded for 23 in game 5 though.

Probsbly a better way to gauge our ineptitude is avg points vs league avg for that year. 

• Upvote 1

jaqs are way better and it is not close  and they will beat us in our match up later this year

their qb is better than ours

their rbs are WAY better than ours

their line is better than ours

their WRS are better than ours

their coach is better than ours

their defense and special teams are better than ours

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

This isn’t exactly what you’re asking, but I saw this earlier. I hate this ******* team so much

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

This isn’t exactly what you’re asking, but I saw this earlier. I hate this ******* team so much

What am I not understanding about the ranking of this tweet? 

Why is he showing it in order by year? Who cares about that? 

If that data shows me anything, it shows me the last 2 years havent been NEARLY as bad as a lot of those other teams. 

2019 Dolphins, 2011 Chiefs, 2008 Rams. 

All far far worse. 

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

In 2000, the Akili Smith-led 4-12 Bengals scored just 7 points in their first 3 games.  The Bengals were shut out in their 2nd & 3rd games that season.  They went on to average just 11.6 points per game that year, the 16th worst output by any team since the merger.

The other 2 teams were the ones @dbatesman listed, the 2019 Dolphins (16) and 2018 Cardinals (20).  The '19 Dolphins finished 5-11 and averaged 19.1 points per game.  The '18 Cardinals finished 3-13 and averaged 14.1.

No other team since 2000 scored 20 or fewer in their first 3.  These were other teams who came close, with their final record and final points per game included:

• 2009 Rams (1-15, 10.9 ppg):  24 points in first 3 games
  • 2007 Bills (7-9, 15.8 ppg):  24
  • 2002 Texans (4-12, 13.3):  25
  • 2007 Chiefs (4-12, 14.1):  26
  • 2008 Browns (4-12, 14.5):  26
  • 2006 Buccaneers (4-12, 13.2):  27 
  • 2011 Chiefs (7-9, 13.3):  27 

Note:  The 2007 Chiefs were led by none other than Herm Edwards.

• Upvote 2