Latest patience narrative

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Jets first quarter futility is also unbelievable. Hard to believe they practiced all week and that's the best they got when the game starts. Mike Lafleur had 2 weeks to prepare for the Patriots in a rematch of week 2, and the results from two drives by our AGNB offense was 41 total yards and 0 points.

0 points in 1st quarter and 0 INT's is hard to do after 6 games. It just shows the ineptitude of this team on both sides of the ball. This is the worst Jets team I have witnessed and that includes the Rich Kotite teams. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

0 points in 1st quarter and 0 INT's is hard to do after 6 games. It just shows the ineptitude of this team on both sides of the ball. This is the worst Jets team I have witnessed and that includes the Rich Kotite teams. 

Myself back then would never have believed it could get worse than that, but here we are.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

Myself back then would never have believed it could get worse than that, but here we are.

How about the fact that we are only 6 games into 2021 and this already feels like it can get worse than 2020!!! 

2020 was supposed to be us bottoming out . . . 

Only the Jets

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I wonder about the importance of that stat.  At first glance it seems horrible and it seems to indicate that the script isn't working.  OTOH, looking deeper, maybe not. 

They seem to defer whenever they win the toss.  That means they get less opportunities in the 1st quarter.  For instance, in the 1st Pats game, I think they scored on a possession (their 3rd) that began in the 1st.  They also scored on their first drive in the 3rd quarter the past 2 games.  So right out of he lockers.  

Is this because they are already way down?  Not sure.  Maybe.  Personally, I would take the ball when I got the opportunity.  That would give the opportunity to end this horrid streak and probably let the QB be a little calmer and ready to run his script without worrying about what has already happened.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

OOoooh statistics!   Historically bad!  It's the second worst start in the past two years!!!!  We aren't cherry picking things by posting this sh*t after the Pats almost dropped a double nickel, are we?  I mean if they lost all their games by 40 that would be the worst ever!

I don't know why you're saying this like it makes it any less damning.

They aren't cherry picked - The include the same same timeframe for every season ever, they show how prepared we were to compete when the off-season preparation is most paramount, when the teams are their healthiest and every game matters - And it shows that this has been a theme of the franchise for three years.

There's no great recent performance the data has been skewed to omit. Obviously it's made worse by the Pats but we hadn't scored a first quarter point before that sh*tshow either - We are dead last in every category that takes into account garbage time statistics, we're in dead last in most regardless. We are as bad as the stats say we are and have been for years.

You don't put three all time bad starts to the season together unless something is seriously wrong structurally with the franchise. To stay so consistently bad is almost difficult to do if it were by design. 

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I don't know why you're saying this like it makes it any less damning.

They aren't cherry picked - The include the same same timeframe for every season ever, they show how prepared we were to compete when the off-season preparation is most paramount, when the teams are their healthiest and every game matters - And it shows that this has been a theme of the franchise for three years.

There's no great recent performance the data has been skewed to omit. Obviously it's made worse by the Pats but we hadn't scored a first quarter point before that sh*tshow either - We are dead last in every category that takes into account garbage time statistics, we're in dead last in most regardless. We are as bad as the stats say we are and have been for years.

You don't put three all time bad starts to the season together unless something is seriously wrong structurally with the franchise. To stay so consistently bad is almost difficult to do if it were by design. 

And they are literally better than last season. 

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yes our 1-5 starts are/were slightly better than the 0-6 season that came between them.

It's the 2-16 that's the problem. Season over before Halloween. Jets football!

They are terrible.  Did you need a statistic to tell you that?  Do we have to hear that they are "historically bad" under a statistic where they have actually improved?   The got destroyed Sunday.  It was an embarrassment.  Before that game nobody was ranting about point differential.  There are a million problems.  If you needed that stat to tell you they have been awful, have at it.   

I have always been pretty patient as a fan.  Understood the need to rebuild and I liked the fact that we were finally making a commitment to a true rebuild.  Getting rid of veterans that are not part of the future for high draft picks.  Making a commitment to youth.  It was going to be ugly and I thought I was prepared for it.  But man, I am running out of patience this year.  I was thinking this year, maybe have our QB, we take a step forward, win 5 or 6 games, play competitively and next year we can contend.

Now, I feel like earliest we can contend is 2023, and even that may be optimistic.  Maybe part of it is the weight of the last 10 years (and most of the 40 before that).  Not going to quit on the team, but I need to see something over the next 11 games.  For the last few years, every time we think we hit rock bottom as a franchise, it gets a little worse the next season.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have always been pretty patient as a fan.  Understood the need to rebuild and I liked the fact that we were finally making a commitment to a true rebuild.  Getting rid of veterans that are not part of the future for high draft picks.  Making a commitment to youth.  It was going to be ugly and I thought I was prepared for it.  But man, I am running out of patience this year.  I was thinking this year, maybe have our QB, we take a step forward, win 5 or 6 games, play competitively and next year we can contend.

Now, I feel like earliest we can contend is 2023, and even that may be optimistic.  Maybe part of it is the weight of the last 10 years (and most of the 40 before that).  Not going to quit on the team, but I need to see something over the next 11 games.  For the last few years, every time we think we hit rock bottom as a franchise, it gets a little worse the next season.

I feel the exact same way.  I think what hurts the most is I can take the losing if the QB or offense didn't look so bad.  So far Zach looks like a repeat of Darnold.  Flashes of good throws, but a lot of bad.    Outside of Brett Farve for a 1 year rental and the Fitzmagic year, the Jets QBs haven't just been bad, they have been league worst bad.  Seems like there is no hope.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I feel the exact same way.  I think what hurts the most is I can take the losing if the QB or offense didn't look so bad.  So far Zach looks like a repeat of Darnold.  Flashes of good throws, but a lot of bad.    Outside of Brett Farve for a 1 year rental and the Fitzmagic year, the Jets QBs haven't just been bad, they have been league worst bad.  Seems like there is no hope.

Absolutely.  And this was the year it was supposed to change.  JD was the well respected football guy we needed to oversee the rebuild.  Saleh was the hottest young coaching candidate available in the offseason.  In 2019, we got the GM everyone said we needed and I was thrilled.  In January, we got the HC everyone said we needed, and I was thrilled.  I was not completely sold on Zach, but people who know way more about this than I do said that we got the QB we needed, and I bought in. 

We sure have the tear down part right, still waiting to see about the rebuild.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Not that I wouldnt welcome Robinson but IMO the weaponz, are not the problem.  Davis, Cole, Crowder, Moore, Mims is a solid WR core and many QBs would love to have type of supporting cast.  Remember, prior to the season everyone's narrative was, Zach has been surrounded with weaponz, there is no excuse. 

that receiving group is okay, but adding Robinson would allow those guys to be what they are... Davis is a #2 not a 1. Crowder Moore slot guys... Mims should be a #2 type guy with Cole filling in where necessary. 

you are right this is mostly on a rookie QB though.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

@Integrity28

Would  arguing be appropriate here? Is this not a generalized attack. 

3rd thread started this morning Ali e attacking for no other Reston than to instigate.  

Pro-tip: Arguing here would be “biting” on a blatant trolling post.

I mean, you’re very committed to making everything an argument and then being absolutely terrible at arguing. So, you do you.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

That’s where I get uncomfortable. So many throw away years towards a result that never comes. Say you start following the Jets at 10 and you pass in your 80s. How many Jet season you get? Around 70? I’m tired of not even competing. 

Im a young man in many respects but I feel even more from some of you guys in 50a and 60s. Don’t you want more from this team? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

That’s where I get uncomfortable. So many throw away years towards a result that never comes. Say you start following the Jets at 10 and you pass in your 80s. How many Jet season you get? Around 70? I’m tired of not even competing. 

Im a young man in many respects but I feel even more from some of you guys in 50a and 60s. Don’t you want more from this team? 

Do I want more from this team?  Yes, absolutely, 100%.  As fans, we have given far more than we have received in return.

But I think realistic view, heading into this season, we were not a contender.  Rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie QB, youngest roster in the league.  I just did not see this team as a contender in 2021.  To use your words, I was willing to throw away a year if it meant contending for a playoff spot in 2022.  That is what I expected coming into the season.   5-7 wins this year.  9-11 and contend for a playoff spot next year.  I don't expect that anymore.

I may have changed my expectations, but it does not mean I am happy about it.  As for screaming for the GM or HC or OCs head, I am willing to wait to see how the rest of the season plays out first.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Pro-tip: Arguing here would be “biting” on a blatant trolling post.

I mean, you’re very committed to making everything an argument and then being absolutely terrible at arguing. So, you do you.

Amateur tip here:

If your only argument is "you're terrible at arguing" you probably shouldn't throw stones.

With that said, this back and forth is silly and childish, I suspect we're both above it.  

Going forward, I'm leaving it alone.  Good luck.  Continue doing your thing, I won't respond anymore.

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I wonder about the importance of that stat.  At first glance it seems horrible and it seems to indicate that the script isn't working.  OTOH, looking deeper, maybe not. 

They seem to defer whenever they win the toss.  That means they get less opportunities in the 1st quarter.  For instance, in the 1st Pats game, I think they scored on a possession (their 3rd) that began in the 1st.  They also scored on their first drive in the 3rd quarter the past 2 games.  So right out of he lockers.  

Is this because they are already way down?  Not sure.  Maybe.  Personally, I would take the ball when I got the opportunity.  That would give the opportunity to end this horrid streak and probably let the QB be a little calmer and ready to run his script without worrying about what has already happened.

I don't know. I think its a bad and telling stat. No other team can say they haven't scored in the 1st quarter at this point in the season and really no other team is as bad offensively. When the other team wins the coin toss they usually defer to us so we get more 1st quarter touches when that happens. I think it shows just how unprepared and inept this coaching staff is. They don't even have sustained drives and are usually 3 and outs. Usually by halftime they are down by 2-3 Td's so maybe the other plays back a little. Even the horrible Adam Gase teams would score on the first drive and then sh*t the bed. 

57 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't know. I think its a bad and telling stat. No other team can say they haven't scored in the 1st quarter at this point in the season and really no other team is as bad offensively. When the other team wins the coin toss they usually defer to us so we get more 1st quarter touches when that happens. I think it shows just how unprepared and inept this coaching staff is. They don't even have sustained drives and are usually 3 and outs. Usually by halftime they are down by 2-3 Td's so maybe the other plays back a little. Even the horrible Adam Gase teams would score on the first drive and then sh*t the bed. 

Fair enough.  IIRC they only had the ball to open the game twice.  The opener against the Panthers and the Titans game.

10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Jets first quarter futility is also unbelievable. Hard to believe they practiced all week and that's the best they got when the game starts. Mike Lafleur had 2 weeks to prepare for the Patriots in a rematch of week 2, and the results from two drives by our AGNB offense was 41 total yards and 0 points.

What makes it worse is that the first quarter futility is equally bad on both sides of the ball.  Last three games, we have allowed points on each of the opponents first three drives.  On the first three drives of the last 5 games, 15 drives total -- we have given up points on 13 of those drives.  Both sides of the ball no show until the 2nd quarter.  We are constantly down double digits and asking a rookie QB to lead us back.

Only reason we were close enough to come back against Tennessee is the defense stiffened in the red zone and we were down 9 instead of 17 like the last two games.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Amateur tip here:

If your only argument is "you're terrible at arguing" you probably shouldn't throw stones.

With that said, this back and forth is silly and childish, I suspect we're both above it.  

Going forward, I'm leaving it alone.  Good luck.  Continue doing your thing, I won't respond anymore.

Therein lies my point. I’m not having an argument. You are an awful debater and I’m giving you feedback on why. 

You reduce everything to a simplistic argument and out words in people’s mouths. You should stop doing that, instead of acting ‘above it all’.