Mike “Great” White

Stark

1 minute ago, Pichula said:

He is a Mac Jones clone, good processor and good decisions, accurate in short game but not one pass down field today. I really wish he could be the guy but he is too physically limited. 

Lefleur just needs to call his game with Wilson like he did today and we will be special

When have you seen guys around a QB as excited for sustained time like this.  guy did very good and the team obviously likes/respects him. 

nice job Mikey. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pichula said:

He is a Mac Jones clone, good processor and good decisions, accurate in short game but not one pass down field today. I really wish he could be the guy but he is too physically limited. 

Lefleur just needs to call his game with Wilson like he did today and we will be special

Uhhhhh, wut? 

• Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Just started reading more about him...

White’s arm talent is considered to be one of his best attributes. He can throw the ball with good zip but also with touch when required. As a former baseball player, he was apparently capable of throwing a 90+ miles per hour fastball.

During his first year at Western Kentucky, White led the nation in 30+ and 40+ yard passes, many of which came on downfield throws.

• Haha 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

White’s arm talent is considered to be one of his best attributes. He can throw the ball with good zip but also with touch when required. As a former baseball player, he was apparently capable of throwing a 90+ miles per hour fastball.

During his first year at Western Kentucky, White led the nation in 30+ and 40+ yard passes, many of which came on downfield throws.

However, he didn’t have the same kind of success when he got a chance to air it out in preseason action, as he completed just one of his 15 downfield attempts for 20 yards, with two interceptions.

Here’s an example of a deep chance he missed by throwing it too late to the open receiver. It was a common habit in college for White to rely on his arm to zip the ball to his target quickly rather than making an anticipatory throw and that’s what happened here. Obviously you can’t get away with that as often at the NFL level.

I will gladly be wrong but there is a reason we didn’t attempt a single pass down field and he overthrew a wide open Moore by 10 yards the one time he did 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Mike White answered a lot of questions today.

Was not LaFleur 

Was not the team not executing

Was not the HC

Was Not Joe Douglas

It Was a QB in over his head and Zach needs time ...that is if Mr. White lets him see the field again. 

Like I said if this kid plays like this for 4 games while Zach is out you have got to be nuts to take him out.

I'm trying not to over react here but this offense was so horribly bad with Wilson at QB you could never expected this to happen especially to a team that has not given up even 25 points in forever. Mike White is not a fluke

It wasn’t lefleur? He went to the booth and called an entirely different style of game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Pichula said:

What part did you not understand?

I’m afraid to try and understand it. Are you suggesting this is entirely do to  LaFleur coaching from the booth? You just called the best game a Jet QB has had in a very long long time basically a coincidence. Zach Wilson may be a good QB one day bit nothing he has shown so far this year it will be here with LaFleur calling plays. Mike White in the other hand? Yeah 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Pichula said:

I will gladly be wrong but there is a reason we didn’t attempt a single pass down field and he overthrew a wide open Moore by 10 yards the one time he did 

Oh, I hear ya.

Just interesting though - I never really looked up his skill-set.

Seems he has a good arm (I assumed it was weak()  but he's not athletic at all.

Let's hope he keeps playing at a high level.  

Next week coaches will have some tape on him - see if that changes anything.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mr.Carter 

hey i went in my Carter thread and gave the kid props he played a fantastic game today and did exactl;y the opposite of what I have been accusing him of for weeks . HE STOPPED DANCING and RAN HARD. Does not take away his first 6 weeks but its a great builder for moving forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

I’m afraid to try and understand it. Are you suggesting this is entirely do to  LaFleur coaching from the booth? You just called the best game a Jet QB has had in a very long long time basically a coincidence. Zach Wilson may be a good QB one day bit nothing he has shown so far this year it will be near with LaFleur calling plays. Mike shot in the other hand? Yeah 

Do you think lefleur called the same game he has all season today?

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah I don’t have a clue as to why some were knocking his arm strength.  I remember that was one of his attributes coming out of college.  Jets didn’t draft him and I never followed up on how his career was going.

I saw him throw a good number of ropes over the last few weeks.....kid has more than enough arm.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

hey i went in my Carter thread and gave the kid props he played a fantastic game today and did exactl;y the opposite of what I have been accusing him of for weeks . HE STOPPED DANCING and RAN HARD. Does not take away his first 6 weeks but its a great builder for moving forward.

Same he looked like a totally different back today...glad I was wrong about that one.  Still think we can use another bigger back but he looked like more then a jag today which is what I thought.

Mike White continues to play like this going forward. Zach Wilson comes back healthy... What does Coach Saleh do??
Go with White until he plays his way out of a job!

That was the first 400 yard game by a Jets QB since Testaverde 12/24/2000!!!! No way am I taking him out for Wilson anytime soon! IDC who was drafted where...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4