Which QB would you start vs Buffalo?

Mike135

Which QB would you start vs Buffalo?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Zach or White? Assuming both are healthy.

15 hours ago, Larz said:

If Wilson is healthy, he starts 

White is not the next Kurt Warner, Tom Brady story, he’s just not. 

White is limited athletically compared to Wilson. White doesn’t have the touch or strength of Wilson 

White makes quicker decisions because he’s older and been around the NFL longer than Wilson 

You don’t invest in White, you invest in Wilson. 

Give NFL defensive coaches another 100 reps  on tape of White, take away the dump offs, play him inside out, make him throw outside and he’s back to the bench 

Then let’s see it happen and put it to rest.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to start Wilson vs. Buffalo. A few bad throws or god forbid a pick, he’s going to get boo’d out of the stadium.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

I find it to be absolutelty mind boggling that the Jets are actually considering Wilson to start next week vs the Bills.

#1 - his knee is not gonna be 100% after injuring it just 2 weeks earlier

#2 - Mike White is playing well

#3 - the game is against the Bills - in Buffalo no less

WTF are the Jets even thinking? 

We play the Bills at home next week

You can't start Wilson and pull him if he plays poorly.  If White comes in and plays reasonably well, that will create a huge QB controversy that will last all season and maybe offseason.  

Start White and it is much, much easier to pull him if he doesn't play well.  If he does continue to play well, then you ride him and see where it goes.  You may still end up with some controversy but with less of a media and fan frenzy.

If it was up to me, I am starting White.  I still think Wilson is the future of this team, and he should play before the season is over, but at home against Buffalo, I am starting White.  Offense has been functioning really well these last two weeks.  We have young guys who are getting better -- Moore, Carter, T Johnson, AVT.  Give them a few more weeks with the guy who is running the offense well.  And put Wilson back in later in the season when his supporting cast is lookiing good.

Also, I am concerned by the reaction if Wilson starts and goes 3 and out his first possession.  The crowd will destroy him and start chanting for White.  It will make a tough situation even worse.  When we go back to Zach, I want him to be set up to succeed.  On the road in Houston might be a better spot.

• Upvote 3

Let Wilson fully recover. 

White has been developing the offense/all of the offensive players, which is what you want.   

Even if it is explained by better coaching and scheme, when your back up QB comes in and plays that much better than the previous starter, you have to leave him in until the backup gets hurt or plays poorly.  It sends a bad message to the team.   Let them compete in camp. 

If White is healthy, I play him.

Worst case you are developing a great back up , best case , you have a QB controversy .

There are still plenty of games left and  ZW has already seen enough Rookie play , enough meaningful reps , that his first season has been productive already.

Whats the downside of finding out if White is the real deal?

Anyway, what are the chances of White staying healthy behind our OL the rest of the season? Ha,  slim and none, so if Zach sits 2-3 more games, nothing is lost and by then hopefully, Bechton is back 100% and the line is better and we can run it more also.

I’d stick with White until he is exposed or becomes a viable asset.

21 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea to start Wilson vs. Buffalo. A few bad throws or god forbid a pick, he’s going to get boo’d out of the stadium.

Unfortunately I think this is right.  
barring a 300 yard game and a win it’s  hard to see starting ZW go well.  

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, GangGreened said:

That’s what this season is about for Wilson. He should have sat behind a legit starter but it’s too late now. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they go back to Wilson, there’d be an uprising among the fan base and, it would seem, in the locker room.

Buffalo is the number one defense in the league. Zach sucking against them wouldn’t prove anything. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they go back to Wilson, there’d be an uprising among the fan base and, it would seem, in the locker room.

I think that’s really the most important reason.  The players obviously responded well to White during the Bengal game, you could see it in their reactions after plays and during their celebrations.  These players are all playing for paychecks and future earnings, don’t you think this O-line appreciates White not taking sacks and getting the ball out quickly?   They grade out better and avoid the dreaded “sacks allowed” statistic.  The WRs eat, the RBs eat, guys start filling their stat sheets.  That’s a big deal to these guys.   

• Upvote 3

Are you saying if Wilson is healthy, he’s now the backup?

based on what exactly?

white is softer 

white is a statue 

white is miles behind Wilson in arm talent 

Mirage Mike just threw to Carter and the bengals never adjusted 

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think that’s really the most important reason.  The players obviously responded well to White during the Bengal game, you could see it in their reactions after plays and during their celebrations.  These players are all playing for paychecks and future earnings, don’t you think this O-line appreciates White not taking sacks and getting the ball out quickly?   They grade out better and avoid the dreaded “sacks allowed” statistic.  The WRs eat, the RBs eat, guys start filling their stat sheets.  That’s a big deal to these guys.   

No doubt. If you polled that locker room as to who should start, White probably gets 50 votes, Josh Johnson gets 2, and Zach votes for himself. I think if you polled the coaches, it splits 50/50, but only because Zach being a dumpster fire gives cover to the defense being a tire fire.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Are you saying if Wilson is healthy, he’s now the backup?

based on what exactly?

white is softer 

white is a statue 

white is miles behind Wilson in arm talent 

Mirage Mike just threw to Carter and the bengals never adjusted 

Zach Wilson, in a dead panic all game, gets his knee twisted while trying to flee from contact on his 56th consecutive pass play, but he’s a tough guy. Mike White, stepping up into a pocket against an unblocked 6’7”, 312 lb All-Pro defensive tackle while dropping an absolute dime for a touchdown gets his wrist snapped and still tries to get back into the game and will still make his next start against a psychopathic defensive front is soft? 

White. We already started the kid too early let him sit and see how White does against our division rival. Buffalo is not the team you bring him back against. There is no rush to get this kid on the field until he is ready. Agree with above posters start him vs the Texans unless White sh*ts the bed vs the Bills.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson, in a dead panic all game, gets his knee twisted while trying to flee from contact on his 56th consecutive pass play, but he’s a tough guy. Mike White, stepping up into a pocket against an unblocked 6’7”, 312 lb All-Pro defensive tackle while dropping an absolute dime for a touchdown gets his wrist snapped and still tries to get back into the game and will still make his next start against a psychopathic defensive front is soft? 

Its simple. White got the ball out in two seconds or he got sacked/ ran out of bounds. 
Zach needs the stop light method that Sanchez had on him early in his career. 

• Upvote 2

Literally everything you said in this post is false. 

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. He lasted 5 quarters and got knocked out on a high five. 

Mirage