CMC out for the season

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Especially when you get the kind of touches he does.

He had a high of 24 carries, his 7, 14, 13, 10 and 10 in his last 5 games with a high of 10 receptions in the 13 carry game

Thats the bad part, he hasnt had an over abundance of touches 

30 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Giants looking at a really bad hand. 

Extend Barkley or let him walk. 

It's a no brainer for whichever of Mr Mara's Friends gets the job next. Dude seems like a nice guy but he's always hurt and isn't particularly good when he's actually on the field. 

I hope they give him an 8 year extension.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

It's a no brainer for whichever of Mr Mara's Friends gets the job next. Dude seems like a nice guy but he's always hurt and isn't particularly good when he's actually on the field. 

I hope they give him an 8 year extension.

Front loaded with a lot of guaranteed money. 

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Since I expect Gettleman to be gone, you can be sure Barkley will follow. Maybe they let him play on the franchise tag, but no way a new GM will want to invest a large chunk of their cap on a RB, let alone, an injury prone RB. 

I'm not sure many would also want judge and Jones as well, but I bet judge stays. 

Doesn't help me in the cash money dynasty league (though I drafted Hubbard as a handcuff this season). Sucks for CMC and for Carolina. At one point, he was the best player in football, the season he had 1300+ rushing yards and 1000+ receiving yards. Also sucks for fans who like to watch good football players but it seems like he is basically done at 245.

Good for the Jets though.

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Giants looking at a really bad hand. 

Extend Barkley or let him walk. 

Giants will likely go with 5th year option and then franchise tag (and that is best case for Saquon). Sucks for the player but there is nothing Barkley could ever do the next year and change that would warrant investing a multi year contract in a injury plagued RB. 

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least in Kamara's case, he was a 3rd round pick.  Outstanding value can be found in Rd 3 at RB.

Remember when Macc balked at drafting Kamara because to jump ahead of the Saints because he didn’t want to part with an additional late round pick? Even when Macc correctly identified a home run talent he still let himself get psyched out.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can kind of get that mentality late in the 1st round, but you'd better be damn sure that the RB you're taking is going to end up elite.  Otherwise you're burning a 1st on a RB who is good, at best, AND only available to you cheaply for 4 years, with an expensive 5th year option.

Ideally, you should  be using late 1st round picks on guys you'll WANT to give a 2nd contract to.  Guys like, say, a Nick Mangold type, who can give you return on investment for a decade.  

Ironically I think the opposite in that one instance. A high 2nd rounder is a guy you'd like to pay big on a 2nd contract. A late 1st is not only cheap, but you also get a cheap 5th yr option, and (if desired) another 1 yr tag if you feel a 2nd contract with multiple guaranteed seasons isn't warranted or is a poor bet. 

But often it's a better bet for teams already picking that low because they don't have as many (or as serious) holes as those picking up top. 

I'd still rather take our RBs a bit later, like where MC1 came or even lower sometimes, but I think late 1 is perfect for a guy you don't want to have eating up lots of cap room and you don't really see the team extending with a long 2nd contract. To me, that screams RB (but doesn't scream it enough to trump so many other building block positions we've needed lately). 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Remember when Macc balked at drafting Kamara because to jump ahead of the Saints because he didn’t want to part with an additional late round pick? Even when Macc correctly identified a home run talent he still let himself get psyched out.

Didn't Bowles really want Kamara? 

Just sad

• Upvote 1