College coaching madness: Brian Kelly to LSU

Matt39

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Kelly has the most wins in ND history, and yet never sniffed a title. ANy ND coach has an in recruiting across the country. Kelly added nothing to that. How does LSU sell this? Good luck with that. 

Recruiting at ND is tough, Kelly has been frustrated with the tougher requirements at ND.  He finally has his best class set for 2022 and he left.   

• Upvote 3

Fickell was said to be waiting for ND, OSU, or Penn St.

Do the Irish go back to the Cincy pipeline or promote Freeman?

Freeman is going to be a star with the way he recruits and communicates with his players.  

Hopefully Kelly doesn't take too many players with him.  I was really looking forward to the 22 and 23 seasons.  The Irish were going to be loaded like they haven't been since 93.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Freeman is going to be a star with the way he recruits and communicates with his players.  

They finally have a really good class that’s coming, they would be wise to seriously consider Freeman.  

16 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

They finally have a really good class that’s coming, they would be wise to seriously consider Freeman.  

This comes a year after Kelly talked Freeman into choosing ND over LSU.

I'm feeling a bit numb.  I always thought Kelly took ND as far as he could with the requirements, but still hate seeing him go.

Will be interesting to see him operate freely in a talent rich state.   

27 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Leaving a school that has it's own network and is locked into the CFB to get your ass kicked by Alabama is not a promotion. 

LSU has won 3 championships with 3 different coaches in the last 20 years and ND had a long mediocre stretch before Kelly brought them back to relevance. LSU is a good move for him and he left ND much better than when he got there 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm feeling a bit numb.  I always thought Kelly took ND as far as he could with the requirements, but still hate seeing him go.

Will be interesting to see him operate freely in a talent rich state.   

Agreed.  ND is a tough job in today’s college football climate.  They dont have the advantages they had decades ago.  

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hopefully Kelly doesn't take too many players with him.  I was really looking forward to the 22 and 23 seasons.  The Irish were going to be loaded like they haven't been since 93.  

I don’t think you have to worry too much about the last part

kids that ND recruits aren’t going to LSU 

and kids didnt go to ND for Kelly, they go to be at one of the best universities in the country 

I would go for Fickell, and if that fails, go Freeman. Nobody else

could be funny, nd and Cincy both in playoff without coaches or coaches about to leave