College coaching madness: Brian Kelly to LSU

Matt39

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Wasn’t Orgeron banging coeds? Or waitresses?

That’s why he was fired/separated, right?

It was kind of strange his wife left him so abruptly after he had all that success.  Orgeron coached with Pete Carroll at USC.  It was well known Carroll was banging coeds at So Cal.  Not that far fetched to believe Ed learned from his old boss.

Just now, Sam_S said:

It was kind of strange his wife left him so abruptly after he had all that success.  Orgeron coached with Pete Carroll at USC.  It was well known Carroll was banging coeds at So Cal.  Not that far fetched to believe Ed learned from his old boss.

Look, if you can’t bang coeds at USC, why coach there. Was never a Bill Clinton fan but BJs in the Oval Office? Why be President if you can’t do that. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Look, if you can’t bang coeds at USC, why coach there. Was never a Bill Clinton fan but BJs in the Oval Office? Why be President if you can’t do that. 

Agree- but i'm sure the coeds Carroll was banging at SC were not fat and ugly like the chick in DC.

3 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

Coach O was a god in Baton Rouge after he won his Championship.   There was probably a line around the block waiting to f**k him.  

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I didn't dislike Clinton for what he did rather who he had do it to him....i mean, c'mon man!!!

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

personally I’m shocked that the guy who sent a kid onto a scissor lift in a hurricane and stonewalled a rape investigation until the victim killed herself turned out to be a major-league sh*theel

Also, didn't he do the same thing to Cincy? Am I remembering that right? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

For the same reason Kelly left LSU, Riley left OU.  Riley’s deal is 10 years around $11.5M per year with escalators for each season.  They bought him a house that’s about $6M and bought his house in OU for a half million over market value.   

USC bought two houses for him in addition to 11m a year? Holy sh*t 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Life said:

LSU has won 3 championships with 3 different coaches in the last 20 years and ND had a long mediocre stretch before Kelly brought them back to relevance. LSU is a good move for him and he left ND much better than when he got there 

And unlike Reilly he wasn't afraid of the competition in the SEC.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ZachWilsonSupporter said:

It depends on your definition. I think it’s a very difficult job having to deal with Bama every year. 

The path to the CFB playoff is far more direct in South Bend than in Baton Rouge. 

I don’t really think you know what you’re talking about.  You’re all over the place now.  

The nice thing about college football is there's no salary cap or draft.  It's actually made the game better because there is less good talent spread out diluting the product.   Imagine if they had a draft and salary cap.   Harvard Yale might be the National championship game.  

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The nice thing about college football is there's no salary cap or draft.  It's actually made the game better because there is less good talent spread out diluting the product.   Imagine if they had a draft and salary cap.   Harvard Yale might be the National championship game.  

True, but with the new transfer rules you do have a quasi free agency now.   It used to be you had to do what you had to do to get the kid on campus, then he’s yours.   Now you have keep these kids happy for 3-4 years or else they’ll transfer out.  It’s changing the way these schools manage their rosters.  

• Upvote 2

People trashing Brian Kelly don’t seem to realize how impressive the job he’s done at Notre Dame. That’s not an easy job. The academic standards to get (and keep) kids in school there are different than most places and there’s no local talent base to draw from. They were dead before he got there and he’s got them back to a top 10 program.

Is he worth whatever preposterous contact he’s getting? Probably not. But Woodward went big game hunting and after striking out on Jimbo, Riley, and Dabo he went after the next big thing. They weren’t gonna hire a coordinator.

The sell is simple — he’s going to the playoff with Notre Dame kids, let’s see what he can do with a team full of future NFL players.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

People trashing Brian Kelly don’t seem to realize how impressive the job he’s done at Notre Dame. That’s not an easy job. The academic standards to get (and keep) kids in school there are different than most places and there’s no local talent base to draw from. They were dead before he got there and he’s got them back to a top 10 program.

Is he worth whatever preposterous contact he’s getting? Probably not. But Woodward went big game hunting and after striking out on Jimbo, Riley, and Dabo he went after the next big thing. They weren’t gonna hire a coordinator.

The sell is simple — he’s going to the playoff with Notre Dame kids, let’s see what he can do with a team full of future NFL players.

A always felt watching SEC football completely debunked the idea of the smart football player.   Maybe the NFL should should stop giving the Wonderlic test.  

12 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

They finally have a really good class that’s coming, they would be wise to seriously consider Freeman.  

The other name that wants the job extremely bad is Matt Campbell.  Widely known that he was only leaving Iowa st. for two openings.  One was Michigan, the other was ND.  Interesting to see if he gets into the mix. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

The other name that wants the job extremely bad is Matt Campbell.  Widely known that he was only leaving Iowa st. for two openings.  One was Michigan, the other was ND.  Interesting to see if he gets into the mix. 

He’s definitely in the mix.  Given the state of the Big12 and that his stock is probably as high as it’s going to get at Iowa State, I think he would take the job in a heartbeat.  Swarbrick is holding a press conference at 10am this morning, mostly to calm everyone down and try to convince current commits everything is going to be fine.  

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s definitely in the mix.  Given the state of the Big12 and that his stock is probably as high as it’s going to get at Iowa State, I think he would take the job in a heartbeat.  Swarbrick is holding a press conference at 10am this morning, mostly to calm everyone down and try to convince current commits everything is going to be fine.  

yeah i mean im sure everyone is shocked.. This caught me completely off guard.  Now all we need is Kingsbury to leave the cardinals and go to Oklahoma and the madness will be complete lol