****OFFICIAL JETS V EAGLES MINSHOWDOWN THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, southparkcpa said:

I think the NEG rep is BS.  Why neg rep anyone???   

If I'm totally honest, it's one of the things here that bother me.   Other than adding a laugh (my favorite thing as I love to get or give laughs) or positive rep, I usually reserve negative retort in written form.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Sometimes they are.   Trends are trends until the player elevates.  Often, they never do.

This forum was laughing at Baltimore and the Bills for drafting who they drafted after the 2018 draft.  Straight up CHORTLING. 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If Mike White or Justin Fields had the game Zach had today there are a ton of people in this thread that would be jumping up and down.

This is 100% true.

If you put today’s stat line next to Mike White’s name there would be an overwhelming push amongst a sizable group of fans for White to continue starting the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And he did show he’s better than that, and we benched him in favor of semi-retired Joe Flacco for no reason.

He showed that he had one great game in him, that he couldn’t stay healthy, and that he would implode.  After 4 years of waiting for a chance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

He showed that he had one great game in him, that he couldn’t stay healthy, and that he would implode.  After 4 years for a chance.

One great game more than any Jets QB in over a decade. 

Jets fans love to set the bar low for young QBs here but not Mike White.  It’s strange.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Sometimes they are.   Trends are trends until the player elevates.  Often, they never do.

I just continue to see bad throws from this guy too much inconsistency. When guys are WIDE OPEN is when it shows the most doesn't it? How many missed opportunities have we seen from this kid? I'm afraid that we are seeing the beginnings of the David Carr syndrome happening to Zach Wilson. We will continue to see it for another whole year at least or until another dirty hit that the crooked officials refuse to call takes him out for the season. Woody Johnson's team are notorious for not having a starter play a whole season, only has happened 3 times since he took over.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

This forum was laughing at Baltimore and the Bills for drafting who they drafted after the 2018 draft.  Straight up CHORTLING. 

I remember.  I still recall when folks were saying Lamar would never be able to throw in the NFL.  Amazing how everybody but Harbaugh and his crew missed on Jackson.  That kid is franchise changing.  Okay, maybe not with the Jets as we'd most likely still screw the pooch.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One great game more than any Jets QB in over a decade. 

Jets fans love to set the bar low for young QBs here but not Mike White.  It’s strange.

Jets fans have an even weirder obsession with putting Mike White on some strange pedestal.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ausman said:

Sooo...

Defense very bad.  I know that key injuries and a very thin bench are a big part of the story.  But the coaches should still be able to devise a plan that responds to all that and at least gives who's left a fighting chance.  But it seems like they are committed to a program come hell or high water and are willing for it to be hell.  Kind of shows you the gap between a coach like Belichick and the rest including Saleh.  I don't think "I don't have all the right guys" is a valid excuse.  To me, you coach to the talent you have and the Jets' coaches haven't shown that flexibility, really at all.  And that explains the bloodbath week in and week out.

Apparently the defensive plan they installed earlier in the week and the practices through Friday were all geared towards Jalen Hurts.

That is not an excuse but it is a very big factor.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Jets fans have an even weirder obsession with putting Mike White on some strange pedestal.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We waited 23 years for a Jet QB to have a game like White did.  

One implosion against one of the top teams in the league should only get him benched for a healthy Wilson, not a 36-year old Flacco.  

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This is 100% true.

If you put today’s stat line next to Mike White’s name there would be an overwhelming push amongst a sizable group of fans for White to continue starting the rest of the season.

If Zach Wilson put up 400 against the Bengals, he’d be the lock starter here for the next ten years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And he did show he’s better than that, and we benched him in favor of semi-retired Joe Flacco for no reason.

While that one game of White's was certainly great and exciting, and while I would've preferred to watch Mike White over Joe Flacco, I think that one performance was closer to the exception, rather than the rule for White's ability.

Then let’s see what Josh Johnson can do since he came in for White and did the same thing without turning the ball over.  Or just stick with Flacco too.  If we’re gonna roll out a vet, roll out the ones with the least amount of turnovers.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Then let’s see what Josh Johnson can do since he came in for White and did the same thing without turning the ball over.  Or just stick with Flacco too.  If we’re gonna roll out a vet, roll out the ones with the least amount of turnovers.

Or roll with the guy who did what no Jet QB had done in 23 years.  I like that option better.

6 minutes ago, Jolot said:

He never should have been starting this year …a lot of us were saying that over the summer . It was obvious, huge mistake by JD not scooping up someone like Minshew for nothing . 

I have to agree with you there. They should've gave him the Mahomes treatment but it is what it is now. I just don't get this whole narrative by some that he is worse than Geno Smith or whatever I mean c'mon. I think the kid can be great with a better line and some playmakers that are actually 6'0'' or taller.

Or roll with the guy who did what no Jet QB had done in 23 years.  I like that option better.

F*ck it, let’s bring back the QB with the single greatest season by any Jets QB ever.  He should be available as soon as WFT finally picks a name for their team.