All Zach Wilson throws vs Jax

doitny

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I could see Gallup wanting to prove he's a #1 WR. I'd be cool signing him to a Corey Davis type deal but with the potential to get WR1 money based on performance. 

Gallup and Schultz should both be Jets if they hit free agency 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine, I’ll rephrase.  I’m totally stoked the Jets, the 31st best team in the NFL, eeked out a win over the 32nd best team in the NFL thanks to a trick play that won’t work against any other NFL team plus several SEC teams.

Better?

New Year Reaction GIF

what trick play?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, every ball he threw today was accurate and where he wanted it to go (except for the throw in the flat - and there was a guy in his face - think he tried to throw it around him...

You can watch that video and only see ONE pass that was inaccurate?

I must have clicked the wrong link.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine, I’ll rephrase.  I’m totally stoked the Jets, the 31st best team in the NFL, eeked out a win over the 32nd best team in the NFL thanks to a trick play that won’t work against any other NFL team plus several SEC teams.

Better?

New Year Reaction GIF

Don't forget the kickoff return where Jax 'forgot' how to tackle.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The one where we threw a TD to our Left Tackle?

I’ll gladly substitute “gimmicky play” if that’s a better 

Unorthodox feels like a good term. I don't think I'd consider it either a trick play or a gimmick in the general sense of the term. It felt like he was just one of the options, not the go to option. - I feel like we see similar plays like this every week to some degree with other teams too.

• Upvote 1

Thing I like about this is as we watch Zach develop and start doing some things better, we're getting little glimpses of how our King Zack will look and play in 3 years after he's put it all together. Right now we have no clue what the end product zack will look like, but as we sit back and tear apart his tape, study what he's starting to figure out and do well, study what still gives him fits and he has to work on....

Try and think what zack will look like in 5 years if he's one of the better qbs. How he runs, steps up, throws underhand, or steps back and hits the flat, will all be the 'new zack'. So much of the 'finished zack' is going to look so different to what we see when Zack is out there now running for his life.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FootballLove said:

Thing I like about this is as we watch Zach develop and start doing some things better, we're getting little glimpses of how our King Zack will look and play in 3 years after he's put it all together. Right now we have no clue what the end product zack will look like, but as we sit back and tear apart his tape, study what he's starting to figure out and do well, study what still gives him fits and he has to work on....

Try and think what zack will look like in 5 years if he's one of the better qbs. How he runs, steps up, throws underhand, or steps back and hits the flat, will all be the 'new zack'. So much of the 'finished zack' is going to look so different to what we see when Zack is out there now running for his life.

Just think.  In 5 years Zach will be regularly throwing for a whole 150 yards a game, guys. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i thought the percentages would be better but only 5 OL have receiving TDs.

seams like teams run that play every week i thought the number would be higher. 

Probably because competent teams know how to prevent those.

Plus most teams are also generally unwilling to expose their starting OTs to potential awkward injuries.  Fortunately for us, McDermott is expendable. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Our king Zach? Yikes I think that pretty much says it all. lol

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

When you have to stoop to calling a TD pass a “trick play” to dump on your team’s QB you’ve officially jumped the shark as a Jet fan. 

You whine about me in every thread.  Maybe put me on ignore or find an alternative topic to discuss other than peeing in the pool from time to time.  I’m at least entertaining.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He threw over 300 more passing yards and 3x as many passing TDs as Zach did today. 

Well I was just curious if you were upset about the trick plays then. Don’t even get me started on the screen game that was like 1/4 of his yards that day.  Sons a bitches.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Well I was just curious if you were upset about the trick plays then. Don’t even get me started on the screen game that was like 1/4 of his yards that day.  Sons a bitches.

Until Wilson can lift his season average above 200 yards per game and YPA above 6.5, I’ll continue to praise Mike White and be highly skeptical of Zach Wilson’s future.  

You have to earn the benefit of the doubt in this league.  It’s not handed to you.  With each datapoint on Zach, his chances of being successful in this league either drops or remains stagnant.  

Had Wilson performed well overall outside of about 7 or so quarters this season, I wouldn’t really even care about trick plays.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You are being incredibly generous saying 1/4. I forget the exact number but White had like 5 attempts beyond 5 yards that entire game. I was more impressed with White against the Colts than his game vs the Bengals (as fun as those 4 days were)

Until Wilson can lift his season average above 200 yards per game and YPA above 6.5, I’ll continue to praise Mike White and be highly skeptical of Zach Wilson’s future.  
You have to earn the benefit of the doubt in this league.  It’s not handed to you.  With each datapoint on Zach, his chances of being successful in this league either drops or remains stagnant. 
Thats your right ... to selectively cherry pick Mr Whites singular performance. Dude is a good guy and a good backup ... if you cant see the arm talent ZW has .. no one can help you.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Thats your right ... to selectively cherry pick Mr Whites singular performance. Dude is a good guy and a good backup ... if you cant see the arm talent ZW has .. no one can help you.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The funny thing is, he thinks he’s entertaining. 

He’s like a one man army losing badly. 

The Mike White game was fun but he’s not in Zach’s class in terms of arm talent and athleticism. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Better?

New Year Reaction GIF

Zach was accurate today, I disagree with your assessment. To me he had 2 bad throws - the sideline throw that was almost picked, and a few feet off to Kroft. He also had good passes dropped. 

The "gimmick" TD was a passing TD. He does not get credit for executing the play? If it was a WR or TE catching the pass, Wilson would deserve more credit? He did not rifle it in too hard, bounce it, or sail it. He clearly has more confidence and that is helping his accuracy. Progress. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Green hat said:

Zach was accurate today, I disagree with your assessment. To me he had 2 bad throws - the sideline throw that was almost picked, and a few feet off to Kroft. He also had good passes dropped. 

The "gimmick" TD was a passing TD. He does not get credit for executing the play? If it was a WR or TE catching the pass, Wilson would deserve more credit? He did not rifle it in too hard, bounce it, or sail it. He clearly has more confidence and that is helping his accuracy. Progress. 

Yup, he had that one missed layup to the TE and the bad pass that was almost picked. The two other “almost” picks were balls batted or head butted into the air. 

He had at least 2-3 drops on perfect passes. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green hat said:

My larger point was very little Wilson did today was sustainable.  The rushing yardage, the gimmick play, the throws into traffic he got away with…those kinds of plays won’t work against roughly 28 or 29 other NFL teams. 

He was accurate on short throws, which is certainly a step forward.  But even while having his most accurate day of the season he still couldn’t even clear 5.0 YPA against an awful defense.  That’s not encouraging.  

I don't think Zach was bad today by any means. He made the plays he was asked to make for the most part, and the Jets were running the ball really well.

I just don't understand why Zach and/or the Jets offense didn't try to open it up in this game against a bad Jaguars team. 

He averaged 4.6 YPA. The number one strength Zach has is elite arm strength, but it's like they want him to play like Chad Pennington and just dink and dunk. You could have used the number 2 pick on a different position and signed a veteran QB if this is what you want to do on offense. I get he has to crawl before he can walk and learn to do the little things well but still. 

I like Zach. I think he has all the tools to be a franchise QB. But since he has come back from injury it just feels like he is becoming a check down machine. I know we are missing players at receiver and on the O-Line but that doesn't mean you can't take some shots down the field with the guys you do have. The Jets don't throw the ball further than 10 yards down the field. 

Zach did a good job today. He's showing he can protect the football. 2 of 3 passes that were almost picked were not on Zach Wilson. I just want to see him attack down the field more. Hopefully Moore comes back next week and the Jets can open it up a little. 

• Upvote 3