All Zach Wilson throws vs Jax

doitny

3 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Zach was accurate today, I disagree with your assessment. To me he had 2 bad throws - the sideline throw that was almost picked, and a few feet off to Kroft. He also had good passes dropped. 

The "gimmick" TD was a passing TD. He does not get credit for executing the play? If it was a WR or TE catching the pass, Wilson would deserve more credit? He did not rifle it in too hard, bounce it, or sail it. He clearly has more confidence and that is helping his accuracy. Progress. 

Btw, there’s a reason why the NFL has a term/rule called “Tackle Eligible”. 

He’s a receiver. He even has to report in to the ref about it. 

A TD pass to an eligible receiver counts even if some want to dump on it. For obvious reasons. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This really isn’t opinion based.  Show me which ones? Where he threw the ball and it wasn’t on target to where he was trying to throw it? 

Yeah, it is opinion based. I considered many passes off target and I only saw ONE pass that was anything close to special. That's just my opinion.

I'm not going to subject myself to watching that again.

• Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't think Zach was bad today by any means. He made the plays he was asked to make for the most part, and the Jets were running the ball really well.

I just don't understand why Zach and/or the Jets offense didn't try to open it up in this game against a bad Jaguars team. 

He averaged 4.6 YPA. The number one strength Zach has is elite arm strength, but it's like they want him to play like Chad Pennington and just dink and dunk. You could have used the number 2 pick on a different position and signed a veteran QB if this is what you want to do on offense. I get he has to crawl before he can walk and learn to do the little things well but still. 

I like Zach. I think he has all the tools to be a franchise QB. But since he has come back from injury it just feels like he is becoming a check down machine. I know we are missing players at receiver and on the O-Line but that doesn't mean you can't take some shots down the field with the guys you do have. The Jets don't throw the ball further than 10 yards down the field. 

Zach did a good job today. He's showing he can protect the football. 2 of 3 passes that were almost picked were not on Zach Wilson. I just want to see him attack down the field more. Hopefully Moore comes back next week and the Jets can open it up a little. 

I feel like  they got so spooked about his short misses that they made it all that he focuses on to get it down. Risky but maybe necessary with how bad things were getting. However his deep capability makes him such a greater threat and I want to see some shots with hopefully Moore back next week.

• Upvote 3

He had a solid game. I counted one bad decision (second pass that was nearly intercepted) and 1 inaccurate pass (missed receiver in the flat - he should have lobbed it over the defender).

The passing numbers weren’t there but this is close to the blueprint we need to have success until Zach is ready to carry the team. Focus on having a strong running game, have Zach make easy throws and allow him to use his legs. I don't think he’ll be ready to carry a team next year. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Assuming this is the 2nd throw he made? I didn't capture a good view of it but it looks like the ball was hit causing it to wobble short. I might be mistake though.

Ya. I don’t think it was tipped, I think he just fired it low and wide. Actually a better pass probably does get picked. But it was to Mims, quite possible he ran the wrong route. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, undertow said:

The birth of a legend....the greatest 100 yard passing game in history!

Didn’t Wilson put up about 200 yards in less than a quarter in Carolina Week 1 after looking totally overmatched in his first game.

Apples and Oranges.

He has yet to put together a total complete game, but today he actually was close.  Taking advantage of everything that was given to him.

Next year he’ll take the next step.

He already looks more comfortable and control than at any point this year where much of it he has looked frazzled.

He actually looks more in control now than Darnold does in his 4th year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I forgot all about that.  The “streak” continues for Lawrence.  What is that 1 TD pass in his last 10 games? Haha...Jeez.

But I’d never write Lawrence off at this point in the same way I wouldn’t Wilson.

That’s something that any rational-headed football fan believes.  Unfortunately, around these parts it’s a hot take

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Gun to your head and you need a first down to live, which duo do you trust?  Tavon Austin and Marvin Jones or *checks notes* DJ Montgomery and Jeff Smith?

Marvin Jones is a nice player, but the Jets had their two best backs, along with Keelan Cole and Berrios. Neither QB was playing with an All Star group, but once James Robinson went down, Lawrence was playing with one target. Also is a fact that Lawrence looked like ass 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Marvin Jones is a nice player, but the Jets had their two best backs, along with Keelan Cole and Berrios. Neither QB was playing with an All Star group, but once James Robinson went down, Lawrence was playing with one target. Also is a fact that Lawrence looked like ass 

This isn’t helping your argument.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This isn’t helping your argument.

Cole had 55 catches for 642 yards and five TDs last year playing with Gardner Minshew.

Berrios went 37/394/3 tds last year under Gase with a combination of Sam Darnold and Joe Flacco.

Tavon Austin had 39 catches, combined, over the last four seasons

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Cole had 55 catches for 642 yards and five TDs last year playing with Gardner Minshew.

Berrios went 37/394/3 tds last year under Gase with a combination of Sam Darnold and Joe Flacco.

Tavon Austin had 39 catches, combined, over the last four seasons

That “nice player” (Marvin Jones) is having a down year, even as an old vet, and he still almost has the combined yardage of both of these guys (Cole and Berrios).  Cole is not good dude.  He’s made that abundantly clear this year between the lack of separation, drops, bad routes, etc. regardless of who is under center.  Him and Gardner connected a bunch of times in garbage time last year and they padded stats.  Call it the Breshad Perriman effect, if you will.  

Lawrence also had the privilege of going against the guys we picked up off the street this week to play for our already depleted and struggling defense.  Honestly, I still love Trevor and he’s probably going to be just fine, but the dude hasn’t accounted for a TD since November 28th.  He has 1 TD in 8 Games.  First people told me it was Urban Meyer (after they initially told me Urban was a “winner”).  Then Urban got fired.  If Zach Wilson went an entire month accounting for 0 points this forum would be up in flames, nevermind accounting for one TD in 8 games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1