All Zach Wilson throws vs Jax

doitny

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think if Moore's back you'll see more of it.  There's just no one that can beat anyone...These guys have to be schemed open.  Tough to push the ball down the field.

It'll come.

your right. thats why my stomach turns when people talk of using the Seattle pick on a OL. we need to get the best WR in this draft. in about a month or so someone will emerge that will look like a top guy. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, docdhc said:

1 bounced off a helmet and 1 was a clear drop. The ball placement was good on all of them. The first one that was trapped was a good play by the safety. I think he played well with what the offense was trying to do which was mostly to run the ball. I really didn’t see any bonehead throws like early in the year. I think there has been major improvement. 

Yes, every ball he threw today was accurate and where he wanted it to go (except for the throw in the flat - and there was a guy in his face - think he tried to throw it around him...

.Go watch again and find a throw that was off....

Huge improvement...swing passes were hitting guys in stride.  side arm throws and touch passes - And boy did he look much more relaxed in the pocket.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Having a run game and manageable down and distance helps ALL QBs. Game managers, gun slingers, don't matter. 

This is an ironic response because Wilson is the furthest thing from a game manager by nature and he has specifically been criticized for NOT being a game manager and taking too many risks. Today he literally took what the opposition gave him as people have been asking all year for him to do. 

The result isn't vindicating or distinguishing, but certainly that he's cut down on his turnovers in recent games by not forcing things and is adding some mobility to his game are positives, imho. 

That’s certainly one way of looking at the situation.  Here’s another:  The Jets coaching staff has effectively neutered Zach Wilson, at least in part because they don’t believe in him.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Having a run game and manageable down and distance helps ALL QBs. Game managers, gun slingers, don't matter. 

This is an ironic response because Wilson is the furthest thing from a game manager by nature and he has specifically been criticized for NOT being a game manager and taking too many risks. Today he literally took what the opposition gave him as people have been asking all year for him to do. 

The result isn't vindicating or distinguishing, but certainly that he's cut down on his turnovers in recent games by not forcing things and is adding some mobility to his game are positives, imho. 

Absolutely 

15 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah thats been bothering me since he came back. its like there forcing him to be Mike White. he doesnt throw it deep anymore. hel he doesnt throw it middle anymore.

there going to have to get him to throw it like that again. we cant win that way.

To be fair all the intermediate over the middle stuff gets dropped 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

your right. thats why my stomach turns when people talk of using the Seattle pick on a OL. we need to get the best WR in this draft. in about a month or so someone will emerge that will look like a top guy. 

There are so many good WRs in FA, while I wouldn't hate drafting a WR in the first, I think we'd be shorting ourselves.

Michael Gallup

Allen Robinson

Mike Williams

Juju Smith Schuster

Devante Adams

That's without really getting into any of the meh options as well. Gallup is the one I want, if Cooper is cut then I could get down with him instead.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

There are so many good WRs in FA, while I wouldn't hate drafting a WR in the first, I think we'd be shorting ourselves.

Michael Gallup

Allen Robinson

Mike Williams

Juju Smith Schuster

Devante Adams

That's without really getting into any of the meh options as well. Gallup is the one I want, if Cooper is cut then I could get down with him instead.

I always get my hopes up over FA WRs and they either get re-signed by their teams or quickly scooped up by other teams, usually ones with HOF QB’s.  I’m not going to emotionally invest in any FA WRs this time around.

But yes Gallup seems like a reasonable request if I was going to pick one realistic one that might spring loose. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s certainly one way of looking at the situation.  Here’s another:  The Jets coaching staff has effectively neutered Zach Wilson, at least in part because they don’t believe in him.  

A balanced view would see coaches working with Wilson to have more discipline and understanding that playing with out twenty players, your HC and your three best receivers you probably challenge your rookie QB to protect the ball and take what the defense gives you. 

They put the ball in his hands on key third and fourth downs, which doesn't feel like a trust issue. 

Its definitely a balance they will need to find with him - I'll be curious to see if he pushes it more if we get Moore back but really with Mims ineffective and Davis out for season - I'm not sure. I'd like to see him test more to Cole in meantime. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Michael Gallup

Allen Robinson

Mike Williams

Juju Smith Schuster

Devante Adams

If Adams actually becomes a FA we need to be all in.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, docdhc said:

1 bounced off a helmet and 1 was a clear drop. The ball placement was good on all of them. The first one that was trapped was a good play by the safety. I think he played well with what the offense was trying to do which was mostly to run the ball. I really didn’t see any bonehead throws like early in the year. I think there has been major improvement. 

your talking about that low throw to Mims that almost got INT. 00:30

he made a perfect throw on that. the Jax player had to go full stretch to even put hands on it. if hes not there that hits Mims in the hands. he couldnt go higher cause that would be an INT for sure.

you know we have been hearing all year how Zach shouldnt have started, or even sat for the year. how this would have been his senior year if he stayed. 

well we have seen improvements. they have been small steps but still there there. and now today he is learning how to run with it and right away, not wait and run towards the sidelines.

so here said he was a project. well maybe thats true. he is learning on the job and i think were heading in the right direction.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Michael Gallup

Allen Robinson

Mike Williams

Juju Smith Schuster

Devante Adams

there not coming here pal. Zach averages 4 yds per pas or something low like that the last few weeks. they want money but they also dont want to see there receptions go down to 40-50 for the year.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets coaching staff has effectively neutered Zach Wilson, at least in part because they don’t believe in him.  

I can understand not fully trusting your rookie QB, from a small school, without his top 3 WRs, the majority of his OL, without his HC. 

I do think they protect Zach with some play calling but today didn't feel like that. There was no reason to throw the ball today.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If Adams actually becomes a FA we need to be all in.

Packers are set to be $18m over the salary cap (after trading Rodgers, $40m over if they keep Rodgers) I'd be pretty surprised if they were able to keep Adams and managed to create an additional $10m on top of that needed just to sign their draft class.

Wilson finished with a 92.5 QBR this week. The highest in the NFL (which admittedly is flawed because Burrow threw almost a perfect game with 500 yards) but still. 

His last two weeks he's a combined 27-45 with 375 total yds and 3 TDs. Compared to just the Texans game this is a large improvement. 

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah thats been bothering me since he came back. its like there forcing him to be Mike White. he doesnt throw it deep anymore. hel he doesnt throw it middle anymore.

there going to have to get him to throw it like that again. we cant win that way.

The Jets don’t have any players that can stretch the field except Moore.  

I thought Cole could, but he really hasn’t been used that way.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of his 19 throws that weren’t throwaways, I counted 5 bad passes, 2-3 of which were interceptable.

Better, but still not very good. 

And contrary to popular opinion, it looked to me the OL was better than the complainers were saying.  Certainly he wasn’t “running for his life” despite the COVID impact.

Wait, people are complaining about the pass protection today? He had plenty of time in the pocket in that video. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

there not coming here pal. Zach averages 4 yds per pas or something low like that the last few weeks. they want money but they also dont want to see there receptions go down to 40-50 for the year.

I could see Gallup wanting to prove he's a #1 WR. I'd be cool signing him to a Corey Davis type deal but with the potential to get WR1 money based on performance. 

Just now, maury77 said:

Wait, people are complaining about the pass protection today? He had plenty of time in the pocket in that video. 

Of course they are.  A handful of plays where Zach’s throws are rushed a bit and that translates to Zach “running for his life all day.”

Its the way of JN.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Michael Gallup

Allen Robinson

Mike Williams

Juju Smith Schuster

Devante Adams

The only way Davante Adams signs with the Jets is if he wins a Super Bowl this year with the Packers and the Jets give him an ownership stake in the team along with naming rights to the stadium. It isn't happening. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course they are.  A handful of plays where Zach’s throws are rushed a bit and that translates to Zach “running for his life all day.”

Its the way of JN.

That's horsesh!t. He played fine today but if he needs more time in the pocket than what he got, he should go back to playing at BYU. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

The only way Davante Adams signs with the Jets is if he wins a Super Bowl this year with the Packers and the Jets give him an ownership stake in the team along with naming rights to the stadium. It isn't happening. 

The New York Davante’s at Davante Adams Stadium

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Douglas wouldn't go after Adams, I just felt wrong leaving off the top WR on my list of FA WRs haha

• Upvote 4