Coaches know things

The Vikings took Mond ONE PICK BEFORE the Texans picked Davis Mills.

The Vikings could have potentially solved their QB long-term.  

My guess is that Davis Mills (Stanford) ends up much better than Kellen Mond.  

If I was drafting a QB, I would look for players who were smart enough to play the position excellently, and then find guys from there with bodies adequate to do the job.  That approach appears to have better results than the reverse approach taken by most teams.  

42 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I will say the book is not closed on Mond because of bad rookie year.  He did flash in college and may be developing at a slower pace 

Most of the time people talk about QBs flashing in the NFL, not in college

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

I will say the book is not closed on Mond because of bad rookie year.  He did flash in college and may be developing at a slower pace 

i thought he was a terrible Qb and terrible prospect until his last year in college where he really massively improved to the point of being a draft-able development guy.

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2022 at 11:53 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Member when the advance metrics said we lost the AVT trade? Good times 

I don't think the advanced metrics said we "lost" the trade.  Merely that AVT needed to become an elite G for the trade to end up making sense, otherwise we paid far too high a price.  So far, so good.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't think the advanced metrics said we "lost" the trade.  Merely that AVT needed to become an elite G for the trade to end up making sense, otherwise we paid far too high a price.  So far, so good.  

This nerd kept on how it was the worst trade of all time 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

This nerd kept on how it was the worst trade of all time 

I love how in an inexact science like the draft with a billion variables and head scratching decisions this dude can say there was a “21% chance or 34% chance” of anything. 

It’s nonsense but you throw around percentages with conviction and POW it’s science. 

And as we’ve now come to realize, you can’t believe the science without questioning it. 

Well, I question whatever silly made up methodology he used. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

He is right in  one thing, the jets should have drafted another olineman last year.  Just like he should have drafted another wr the year before.  If Douglas had drafted another wr later like many of us were hollering for his Mims pick might not look so bad now, If you have a real weakness double dipping can really insulate yourself.   Last years drat was deep at oline and the year before deep at Wr.

One beef with his drafting is not taking advantages of the overall strength of a draft.  I guess we can say he did that with CB last year I suppose which was good on his part.