“Sources” Confirm what many speculated about Becton

Guys like Benton should not even be on an nfl roster.

sorry, just filling in for bornjets until he joins.

I think Becton is going to be ok and I do think the coaching staff he has around him will be a big part. 

he gets healthy and works on his conditioning and he will be back.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Exactly. He just doesn’t care. And thinks he can go out and perform without doing the work. 
You can be hurt and still eat properly and watch your weight. 

He’s a huge mess.  I’d trade him while you can. 

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I think Becton is going to be ok and I do think the coaching staff he has around him will be a big part. 

My hope is that this year humbled him in a big way.  I also hope that having a kid on way causes him to mature in the ways that he needs to.  It’s not about him and only him now.

That being said, I’m not believing it until I see it.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Nominee, 2022 Most Confusing Post

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Nominee, 2022 Most Confusing Post

It was an attempt at the 23 page berrios thread hence the reference to bornjets. 

it failed and I apologize. 
for the record I support and believe in Benton and think he will be fine next year.

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

It was an attempt at the 23 page berrios thread hence the reference to bornjets. 

it failed and I apologize. 
for the record I support and believe in Benton and think he will be fine next year.

No worries, man.  Just some silliness from me.  

I apologize as well.  I had no idea who bornjets was.   Thanks for clarifying.  

44 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Because the organization is not going to put out through the media that he was lazy?  Believe what you want, but teams put out messaging like this constantly and it’s usually not as cut and dry as the wording they feed to reporters.

Also, he had his knee scoped.  That’s about as minor as knee surgery gets.  

Who saiid the source was the organization?  

Only you have called him fat and lazy, the video you cut and pasted didnt come close to saying that.  My point

And his knee wasnt scoped, he had a dislocated knee cap, the patela tendon was injured along with it.  A patela dislocation isnt a minor knee scope.  Thats a 3 week injury at best.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I told you this over the phone the other day:

Mekhi Becton made multiple posts on social media, over the course of the season, promoting his “Grand Theft Auto V Role Playing Server” Twitch streams.  He just made another one the other night.  He has made 0 posts, to date, of him and his rehab.

The true problem isn’t his weight.  He’s shown that he can shed that sh*t when he wants.  From what I understand, as of today, he is pretty much where he left off, size-wise.  His problem is his attitude.  He needs to grow the f*ck up and start taking football seriously.

So you play video games.  You post twitch streams.

Should your boss be worried?

Thats a silly comment today just like it was the other day

Too many continue to look for reasons why this team sucks and hey why not add big, fat and lazy left tackle to the pile. Simply incredible!

Nothing in his college career said that he was a risk at being too big, too fat and lazy.

The guy got injured period, stop. 

sh*t happens. And sh*t happening DEFINITELY is one reason why we’ve sucked for so long. But Becton being a fat slob is a reason I simply don’t buy.

When he pancakes a linebacker next year all this will be forgotten.

patience.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Not quite everyone, Lawson.  And then when it counted he didnt come close to getting his ass beat by anyone on Carolina the first half we saw him in.   

As Garoffalo says in the first line of his report, boy is he a difference maker when hes on the field.  

This is true. Lawson is an elite edge rusher and reports were that Carl was in some of the best shape of his career. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Live shot of the Gase household, watching what’s going on with the Jets and Dolphins franchises:

Austin Powers Movie GIF

Amazing. Gase gloating as he realizes that every player and every place he touches turns to crap that takes a couple years to reverse. Can he please go to the Giants next?

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So you play video games.  You post twitch streams.

Should your boss be worried?

Thats a silly comment today just like it was the other day

I’m not supposed to be rehabbing a bad knee.  There is massive difference between me playing video games and streaming on my weekends off and Mekhi Becton not rehabbing an injury because, instead of doing what he’s supposed to be doing, he’s playing GTA V.  Furthermore, you wanna know why my bosses shouldn’t be worried?  My performance hasn’t suffered or changed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Because the organization is not going to put out through the media that he was lazy?  Believe what you want, but teams put out messaging like this constantly and it’s usually not as cut and dry as the wording they feed to reporters.

Also, he had his knee scoped.  That’s about as minor as knee surgery gets.  

He had a knee cap dislocation. It's definitely more significant than the scope one would do for cleaning up cartilage etc

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What’s Neal’s height/weight again?

I'm not saying I like the pick - but it's what JD will do if he's there.

Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (6-7, 350 pounds)

Neal will be a dominant blocking force in the NFL. He's ultra-athletic for such a large frame, agile enough to handle the best pass rushers and powerful enough to move defenders out of the way in the running game.

• Upvote 1