Washington Commanders

Just now, Warfish said:

D…….E…….R…….S………DERS! DERS! DERS! 

Whooooo!

lol.

Yeah, more I think about it more I realize there is nothing. The Coms? Shocking all the effort and time and nobody thought about that. Should have went with Red Hogs. I think “ Hogs” been easily adapted. I would have went with DC Delegates and called them the  “Delis” I like Delis 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, more I think about it more I realize there is nothing. The Coms? Shocking all the effort and time and nobody thought about that. Should have went with Red Hogs. I think “ Hogs” been easily adapted. I would have went with DC Delegates and called them the  “Delis” I like Delis 

Worst reveal ever lol. What a joke.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Worst reveal ever lol. What a joke.

Solid points. I suppose it’s not entirely inclusive if folks that are dependent on 4-letter words.  Hope is all welL among the Apes. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The uniforms are brutal.should have kept the old template, which everyone seemed to love and put a different logo on the helmet. A lot of money paid for a massive downgrade. Amazes me how many bazillion dollar places can’t get the easy things right.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It almost seems like they deliberately went against what fans wanted with Red Wolves. Like Dan Snyder was declaring "if you're all gonna make me change the name I won't give you what you want."

It’s unreal. I mean for real unreal. What’s wrong with red wolves? I even dig red hogs. Got a nice ring to it and it honors the history. Even Wolverines!! Commanders? whaaaaa

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Between the Jets uniforms and Commanders name change and uniforms I’m convinced no one will ever like something new as it relates to sports names and uniforms.

The Browns recently did it right. As did the Chargers. Marketing consultants getting paid obscene money to put the name of the team or the name of the city across the chest is not what football fans want.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Browns recently did it right. As did the Chargers. Marketing consultants getting paid obscene money to put the name of the team or the name of the city across the chest is not what football fans want.

I love it when people who have never conducted any customer research presume you know what customers want.

The efficacy of this sort of work - marketing, branding, creative - is all contingent upon the stakeholders. The creatives make informed recommendations. The clients make decisions. Commanders to me is likely approval by committee. This means the best ideas were likely filtered out.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I love it when people who have never conducted any customer research presume you know what customers want.
The efficacy of this sort of work - marketing, branding, creative - is all contingent upon the stakeholders. The creatives make informed recommendations. The clients make decisions. Commanders to me is likely approval by committee. This means the best ideas were likely filtered out.
This absolutely went through extreme focus group testing.
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m not talking about the name. The uniforms stink.

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yet they still completely F'd it up.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

To be honest i like the muscle behind a military connotation like commander, general, ranger or admiral.. always wished since being a kid that the Jets deployed something closer to military airceaft than the bubble jet.

I agree.

Yes, I’m sure it did.
Ficus groups are weird. I’ve seen them mostly get used wrong as a form of cultivating bias, providing vanity research, or being focused on the wrong learnings.
Dont assume because a lot of $$$ was paid that the process was facilitated without flaw.
Simply put. I’m sure there were better ideas, this isn’t the worst, white dudes with opinions about this on the internet are funny.
Its completely flawed way of justifying a bad decision that involves spending $$$$$$

My experience is from advertising.... but it can really work well too. Funds typically get cut if ideas dont test well.

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It has the feel of something designed by committee - where people reject other people's preferences, and then have their preferences rejected in return, until you end up with something that no-one actually likes but which is so bland that no-one actually objects to it.

I have been in many, many meetings like that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Its completely flawed way of justifying a bad decision that involves spending $$$$$$

My experience is from advertising.

I’m not justifying. I’m simply sharing with some folks how the process is typically way more complex than they seem to assume.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

It has the feel of something designed by committee - where people reject other people's preferences, and then have their preferences rejected in return, until you end up with something that no-one actually likes but which is so bland that no-one actually objects to it.

I have been in many, many meetings like that.

This all day.

Given how toxic the WFT culture has been, I’d imagine it as being the worst case scenario for infighting over collaboration.

• Upvote 2