Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  14 games lost to injury the last two years.  Production (31-434-1) was about the same as we got out of Keelan Cole (28-449-1) last year.  Some upside compared to that, but he is not getting any younger.  And he would probably want a chance to catch on with a winner.  Big name, but he is not the same guy he was a few years ago.

We were pulling up out of the Great Recession when this WR was drafted. Not that you are, but are Jets fans really interested in this guy?

6 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Damn I really wanted Smith. For me this one’s a missed opportunity by JD - Smith is going to go back to his old form in Baltimore 

Maybe Smith wanted to go back to Baltimore and nowhere else. It's not the FFL - guys who are free agents have a say in where they go. If Smith was going to demand an extraordinary premium to sign elsewhere, he probably could not be signed at a reasonable value proposition, by the Jets or anyone else.  Same goes for the other side of the coin: I'm sure another team could have offered more money for Berrios, but he wanted to to play here.

• Sympathy 1